Where E'ryone Knows Yer Name - Bar open to all professions

Off topic and out-of character posts. Pattel's Pub is the name of a small pub built in the Hymn, where many of the soldiers go to drink and unwind. This forum is not in character and is strictly for non-story related posting.
Straken

Re: Where E'ryone Knows Yer Name - Bar open to all professio

Post by Straken »

“Huh?! Guns? Where?!” Fred said as he perked up and looked around. As he turned around he finally found who Asher was talking about. A smile grew on Fred’s face. “Oi! Elfriede! Oooooooi! Over here!” he called as he began waving at the woman.

Steven’s face lit up with sudden recognition. “Oh! Teal Squadron. You guys helped my squadrons out during the Demonix II mission. Pleased to meet you Betty Donahue, I am Steven Kerning. Can I buy you a drink? You know, a token of appreciation,” Steven said as he casually leaned against the bar.
Kokuten

Post by Kokuten »

"Really!?" said Betty, her eyes widening, a smile widening over her face despite her pain. "Sure! I'd like whiskey, please!" The Teal pilot took to sitting on the stool next to Steven, opposite of Asher. "You know, you're not as bad as you look, you know. I'd thought you'd end up being some elitist, head-up-his-tail, jerkwad for what position you in and all that, but you aren't! Which is good." A nervous laugh accompanied the last part of that. "Uh... heh heh, that came out a little strong, didn't it?"

Elfriede blinked when she heard her name called from over at the bar. She let out an annoyed sigh, refusing to look Hetzer in the eyes; who, judging by the curvature of his beard, was smiling. Nonetheless, the eldest Tellershmidt walked on over, smirking at Fred.

"So, rote mann. Listening out for the woes of drunken women?" asked Elfriede, smirk withstanding, her arms crossing to give a more inquisitive air about her. It seems she didn't notice Asher, who was staring directly at her chest.
Mr. Blackbird Lore

Post by Mr. Blackbird Lore »

A certain Medical Officer of Indian descent strode into the bar with a mildly curious gaze about the room. To say she stood out would probably the understatement of the millennium. While most were in uniform, she was in civilian clothing. Her top was a form-fitting long-sleeve that revealed both shoulders, but not even an inch of cleavage. The skirt wasn't any whoreish ordeal, either: there was a mere two inches from the hem to her knees, and the rest of her legs were clad in stockings. To solidify the idea that she wasn't looking to draw any real attention, but was simply concerned with feeling good, this woman wasn't wearing high heels either, but had opted for a simple pair of flats instead.

She noted a few familiar face or two, but they seemed preoccupied and their last encounter had been some time ago, so she took a seat at an empty table, and let her ebon hair out of her usual bun. A few shakes of her head and it all splayed about freely. When a man came to take her order, Lady Sumedha requested a margarita, double on the alcohol. After seeing her military ID, the disbelieving bar tender left to fill her order.
Kokuten

Post by Kokuten »

A dark-skinned beauty entering the pub without Asher's notice? No way. When Lady walked in, Asher's eyes were on her. The woman had been the first doctor in his life to not perform some sort of malpractice on him, and that had left a good impression on him. So, when Sumedha found her seat, the Surandanian straightened up, and surfed his maintenance creeper past Elfriede and toward the medical officer. With one strong run of his foot, the creeper sailed across the floor, crashing into an empty table. Though, this seemed intentional, as Asher used this forward moment to land in a seat at her table. He winked at her, before taking a shot at his beer.

"Fancy meetin' you here, Lady Plainedha." quipped Asher, setting his beer down on the table and propping his head up with his hand, "Last I checked, you was still on Waypoint."
Mr. Blackbird Lore

Lady quirked an eyebrow and gave a small smile at Asher; she wasn't really surprised, but didn't mind in the slightest either. However, she was curious about his play on her name. First, however, "Waypoint is under new management: Brighton was transferred to the Hymn to oversee discipline of the Marines. The new man on Waypoint, I forget his name, didn't much like me." Her margarita arrived and she offered a soft thanks before the tender left. Then she was back to her story. "So he requested for my transfer, and I had no qualms with that. So here I am, aboard our dear flagship, working in the medical bay doing general practice. Or, I will be: I don't start for another two days."

At last, she took her first sip and relished the slushy texture and citrus flavor. Refreshed, she could finally make her innocent inquiry. "Now Asher, are you poking fun at me?"
Straken

Post by Straken »

“Oh no no no, don’ misconstrue ma intentions ma dear,” Fred said in a very proper manner. “I merely came here to relax an’ have fun with ma good friend Steven. In fact, ye just missed one hell of a show.” He was no sitting with his back planted against the bar and he relaxed back as he looked at Elfriede. “How is yer leg feelin’ by the way, and would you care to join me fur a drink? I’s on me. Santy Clause over thar can join to. He’s a friend o’ yurs ain’t he?”

Steven waved to the bartender and ordered a whiskey for Betty. “As bad as I look, huh? Well as far as I am aware, no, I am not an elitist jerkwad,” Steven said as he laughed lightly and scratched his chin. “I went to school with elitist jerkwads. They annoyed the hell out of me. So it is good to hear that you think I am alright.” Steven relaxed back and took a big sip from his beer.
Kokuten

Post by Kokuten »

"Pokin' fun atcha? Naw! I'd neva' do that, Lady! I mean, c'mon, you're a serious, independent woman, wearin' serious, independent clothes, in a military bar." went Asher, with a childish grin spreading across his face. "Where 'pparently, they don' mind if you skate creepers in." As he said, he extended his leg out to the rolling device to bring it in with his foot. After a few wavering misses, he got the very tip of his boot on the edge and dragged it over to him. With that, he planted the roller up against the table, and nodded successfully as he scooped his beer for another drink. He wasn't sure what he was drinking, but then again, he had yet to fully adjust to modern Terran civilization. "Y'look like y'tryin' t'get tha' eyes of tha' more discernin' fellas."

"Hetzer? He's not that big of a drinker, from what I've seen." said Elfriede, looking back at the man, who had resigned to himself at the table. "Then again, he does look like he needs someone to pull him away from himself..." The German woman scratched at the side of her leg, before looking down at it, and then Fred, "Oh, and I'm doing fine, by the way. It didn't last much too longer after we split up." She took a stool next to Fred, and patted her hand on the table, "Scotch!"

"Well, an elitist jerk-wad wouldn't have been such a gentleman." went Betty, rolling the ice over her knuckle idly with a mild smile. "I can't imagine having to take a position where all you do is listen to self-important jerks tell you about what you need to think because you don't think the same way!" She let the ice settle on the hand, before using the now free one to grasp the glass of whiskey set next to her. Her hands wrapped around it, and then took a sip, savoring the burn as it went down. "A place full of people like my Squadron Commander."
Straken

Post by Straken »

“If ye say so,” Fred said as Elfriede sat down and ordered her drink. He glanced momentarily off to the side and saw that the small man had left. “Well, it is good to hear that your leg is feeling better. My arse is still sore on the other hand, that was a hell of a punch you got.” Fred finished off his beer and ordered a whiskey instead of another beer; when in Rome. After taking a few sips he then tried to think of a conversation topic. He mind was woefully blank.
“Has it really been tha’ long since I went out of me way ta flirt? I was doing fine before, ‘course I was getting’ punched before,” Fred thought to himself as he racked his brain. “Maybe it was because it was similar to just palin’ around. Think of her as one of the guys maybe?” He then turned to her to strike up a conversation, but quickly turned back. “She is definitely not a guy,” he thought. He downed the rest of the whiskey and waved for another. He stared at the glass as it was filled when a light bulb lit up in his head.
“How was yur day?” he asked suddenly.
“What the fuck was that?” he berated himself as he quickly downed more of the whiskey.

“Heh, I can imagine. I had the pleasure of speaking to your CO for a few brief moments. He is…colorful,” Steven said as he chuckled and sipped his drink. “And I have my fair share of dealing with those self-imposing higher ups. Every six months I have Internal Affairs of Military Operations poking their nose into my business trying to see if there is enough evidence to take away my command and stick someone else in my place. IAMO loves to heckle veteran Squad Leaders. Damn vultures, they almost got me during my last review.” He took a flustered gulp of his beer and appeared to calm down.
Mr. Blackbird Lore

She smiled as she listened to Asher. "No, I'm not looking to catch anyone's eye. Well, no one in particular, at least. Would you mind explaining what you mean by 'discernin' fella's?'" She sipped at her margarita while awaiting and listening to his reply.
Kokuten

Post by Kokuten »

"How was my day?" repeated Elfriede incredulously, about to bring a glass of scotch to her lips after the bartender had delivered it to her. She seemed to consider the question, before taking a sip of her drink. "Uh... All right. I couldn't complain." She swirled her drink around. That was a surprisingly... average question... Then again, not many people care to ask. the Teal pilot thought, before looking at him and returning the question. Suddenly, the stubborn Tellershmidt found herself in quite the loss for words as well. So, she returned the same question given to her, "How was your day?"

"Fodier? Kanon's a bastard. The most chauvinistic asshat I've ever had the bad luck of meeting!" groaned Betty, taking another swig of her whiskey, before slapping the bottle back down onto the table. "He bitches and moans about how he's only got one man in his squad, and how we're not as effective 'cause we're women! How the hell can you think like that in this day and age, huh? Those IAMO guys should pick his ass up and stick it somewhere else!" Another swig, with a careless wipe of her mouth with her fore-arm. The rosy-red tint on her cheeks showed that she was already on a buzz. "I mean, do you know how many squadrons would kill to have even one woman in their squad, much less four? How can he even complain about four pretty, color-class pilots!" Betty hammered her bottle on the counter top again, before heaving her head in Steven's direction. "I am pretty, aren't I?"

"Eh? 'Cause y'look like y'bout t'go t'work, or somethin'. So I'm figurin' you're eitha' here t'meet somebody, or you just feel like slappin' tha' no party sign on." replied Asher, swirling the remaining beer in his bottle, as he spun in circles, directing the circle at her.