[The Farm] The Yearning of Danzig

Kokuten

Re: [The Farm] The Yearning of Danzig

Post by Kokuten »

The words took a few moments to settle on Eryl's mind, trying to parse any underlying meaning. In the end, she could only determine that Jane didn't want her help that night, but either way she seemed genuinely in better spirits. That put her heart at ease, and it made it easier to walk away from the situation. It was always difficult, after this Jane would have the evening coming to a close, but Eryl's day would still only be halfway done. Work waited for her back home, the hum drum of monster studies and hunting to welcome her after what was normally an escape. After what they had went through today, it would be even harder to go back.

Deep down, Eryl didn't want to leave; she wanted to stay, she wanted any reason to stay, but this wasn't her home.

"If you don't want dinner tonight, then I suppose I should be on my way. There's one more train running back to the portal chamber this evening."

She made to the path and turned back one last time to smile, ending their day with the same sort of closer they always did, "Good night, Jane. Thank you for a wonderful time."
Mr. Blackbird Lore

Re: [The Farm] The Yearning of Danzig

Post by Mr. Blackbird Lore »

Jane sighed again and forced a smile. "Thank ye kindly, Eryl. Have a safe trip." When the hexer turned back to say farewell, Jane sent her off the way her ma used to send off friends and family-- the way she now had every time Eryl came to visit. "G'day, Eryl. Come back now, y'hear?"