[Cottage] Denial

Kokuten

Re: [Cottage] Denial

Post by Kokuten »

Drysi was ameliorated by the encouragement, but something in her did not want to leave it at that. This meeting had been a soothing balm to her mind, but the anger in her heart was just as sweet as the sugar in the cookies. So she bit, her face souring.

"He killed my gram," she started, trending into bitterness, "forced her hand to possess me. He hurt my friends, almost killed one of them. I wake up at night sometimes because I have nightmares. He haunts me."

Her weak, spindly fingers tightened around her cup as she grit her teeth. "But I don' fear him. I hate him. More than anything, I want to grow, I want to become better, so that one day... I will teach him the meaning of balance."

The depth of her own hatred shocked her, and that gave her fear. She looked up at Ruarc hopefully.

"You hate him too, don' you? He took someone from you, he hurt you too."
Straken

Post by Straken »

Ruarc knew what Drysi was feeling all too well. Alexei was the one person he well and truly hated. The druid had been a wraith haunting him for the last decade; he truest enemy that had hounded him and his friends; his nemesis. There were many things Ruarc wanted to say about the matter, to dispel his apprentice's worries by sharing his plans and promises made. That he had could feel in his bones that the next time he and Alexei crossed paths, one of them was going to die.

"Drysi," Ruarc sounded hesitant as he considered his words. "I became a teacher and worked to build this school because I wanted my students to never need to go through the same things I did. While I don't want to coddle you, I want to ask you to leave the matter to me. He is a dangerous man, and if you got hurt..."

Ruarc paused and felt like he was at a loss of words.

"Leave the villains to the Keepers."
Kokuten

Post by Kokuten »

The tea had lost its freshness by this point, but despite that, Drysi still took a sip to try and not look too unhappy with what essentially sounded like hit the bench. She chewed on her anger some more, knowing that she was fully capable of executing her personal vendetta with as little self-preservation as possible. There was a trembling fear to how easy those thoughts came to her, but thinking on what Alexei had done always made her blood boil. That hatred had been hers alone, and was known to none but Mr. Flynn now. Was she only supposed to sit upon it and hope that it would go away?

Ruarc's apprentice looked up at him, and she opened her mouth to say something before her eyes focused upon the keeper's scars. They had not always been there, but were evidence of the harsh life Mr. Flynn lived despite the luxury he could have known. His was the face of a Keeper. His was the face of a man who had committed to the life that entailed. The path to chase Alexei would mean taking up that same life, to be like Willow, Ms. Smith, Ms. Kagami; enforcers of the peace. Keepers.

She didn't want to be a keeper.

Drysi hated Alexei, but it became apparent that she did not loathe him enough to dedicate her life to him. Once he was dead, where did that leave her? Was Mr. Flynn on the same path? What did that mean for him? What did that mean for this kind man who bore that same hatred, this man who had turned that hatred and sadness into something good?

It struck her like a bullet, and she jumped to her feet.

"Leave it to the keepers!? So be it! Who wants to be a bloody keeper!?" answered Drysi with an impassioned growl as she set the tea cup down and began shoving cookies into her skirt pockets, "But you hear me, Master Flynn! You'll not do this alone! No! You'll've no choice! Because I'm goin' to make for you the things that will destroy him! I will study! I will study! And study! And read! And bleed! All until I've made something that will give you the sharpest edge you've ever known! It'll be so wondrous, that you'll have no choice but to use it and it will be Drysi's spell that brought down the wolf!"

By this point she had be crying freely, tears spilling over her grit teeth, "If I'm to be the future, Mr. Flynn, then you will have to live in the future I make! And I'm goin' to start makin' it right now!"

To that end, she tore out through the front door in a spirited run, with another handful of cookies shoved into her mouth.