[Episode 5 Part 2] The Warrior and The Wolf

Archives of Occultus Magica's beginnings, ten years prior to the current story.
Kokuten

Re: [Episode 5 Part 2] The Warrior and The Wolf

Post by Kokuten »

Ruarc’s calm analysis of their situation left Percival as cold as the air outside. His face began to sour immeasurably and suddenly he came to his knees, holding his head with his hand. From Miyuki’s perspective, it would look like her disdain caused it, but Percival reeled from the concept of ruining what he had with her. The boy doubled over, face pressed into the floor as the embarrassment and frustration caused him to tighten like a knot.

“Uggh,” groaned Percival, just wanting to disappear now, “I even started this whole trip with that girlfriend-san comment. Oh gods it’s so embarrassing. Why did I let myself get caught up in Duncan’s plans? Be bold Percy, be courageous Percy, be foolhardy Percy, women appreciate that sort of courage.”

THOK! The boy’s head bounced against the mat, eliciting more laughter from Tegwyn. “Why do I listen to the advice of people who are two hundred years behind on these things!?”

"Lord Caxton, I assure you that women today are no different from women two hundred years ago. The only difference is appearance! My intention was not to inspire such--"

"(`^ ´)"

"I rescind all previous comments!"

After a sharp inhale, Percival sat up ramrod straight, still holding his head. He looked out the door and saw someone go by.

“Oh, I didn’t know Smith came out with us.”

Then, the young alchemist shot up to his feet, and was back up to Ruarc. He grabbed the older boy’s yukata and pulled him close. There was a wild look in his eyes, a strange light that played in the colored radii. Tegwyn giggled between them as Percival whispered.

“It’s easy Rook. Easy. It’s in all the animes. It’s in all the novels. For every outing people our age! It breaks down all the boundaries. It takes away the usual stage we all stand on. It puts everyone in an environment where it doesn’t matter whether you’re a mage or a mundie…”

Like an electric current, small veins of energy fired up the side of his face, almost igniting a literal sparkle in his eyes.

“... a Test of Courage!”
Kai
Site Admin

Post by Kai »

As the boys arrived in the common area they would notice that preparations for breakfast had just about been completed and Raiko, doing her best to play the part of host, was hurriedly putting the final touches on everything. Her two helpers, Kiki and Ginga, likewise were helping divvy up the portions and set everything on trays to be brought out to the table for all to enjoy. Kiki was mostly obscured, just the top of her head and reddish brown hair done up into a pair of bundles of spikes (An attempt to accentuate her 4'4" height) just barely visible above the counters, bobbing back and forth as she worked. Ginga, of a more average height, could be seen farther into the kitchen area preparing drinks for everyone.

"It's about time you two miscreants showed up," Miyuki began, before being interrupted by Percival's inane idea of a test of courage, though she hadn't heard what he had whispered to Ruarc before his announcement. Rolling her eyes, Miyuki went back to her tea as Raiko continued to ignore Ruarc in favor of completing breakfast.
Mr. Blackbird Lore

Post by Mr. Blackbird Lore »

The door to the kitchen slid quietly open and shut. "Ginga-sama," Jane called to get the girl's attention in her awfully accented Japanese. "Where's Raiko-sama? I'm fixin t hit the onsen if she ain't got anymore chores this mornin." She stood with hands on hips as she waited for guidance. Her face was flushed from her work and sweat was starting to trickle down her face as her jacket and the building's warmth started to overheat her. Eyes absentmindedly scanned the breakfast preparations, then idly scanned the dining room.

Then she looked again. Ignoring Ginga's answer, she approached the serving window between kitchen and dining room. She scrunched her face as she studied the faces of the guests in the dining room. "Wait, I know y'all," she muttered in English, too surprised to think outside her native tongue. Realizing her error, she spoke again. "Ain't y'all the ones I helped last time I was here?"
Straken

Post by Straken »

Ruarc gave a stiff yet cordial smile to the girls in the room, but grit his teeth and looked away when Raiko ignored him. His stubborn Irish side surfaced. He had apologized, blame had been found and placed in its proper spot, but if Raiko still wanted to have an attitude towards him then he wasn’t going to humor it. Just before he was going to respond to Percy’s suggestion they were surprised by the appearance of a new face; or rather a returning face.

“Jane, right?” Ruarc asked, diverting his attention from his girlfriend’s cold shoulder. “Ah di’n’ know ya wer’ helpin’ out here. How’ve ya been? We were jus’ talkin’ ‘bout doing a test o’ courage tonight iffen ya’re interested in joining us.”

“Less Ah’m mistaken there’s a trail tha’ goes ‘roun’ the mountain witha shrine tha’d make a good destination. Thought’s guys?”

Outside, beyond the treeline of the valley, more pieces had begun moving. It was a chess game where half of the pieces were hidden from view. Stalking the shadows was a wolf and a raven, enjoying the sights was a rogue and a ram, watching the valley was a warrior, and hidden just beyond view was a serpent.
Kokuten

Post by Kokuten »

"If we're going to do the whole vacation thing, we should do it all the way! We don't get to have a lot of fun lately, right? It's either work, study or practicing? When's the last time we all went out and just did something silly?" Percival's energy was back up to a powerful level as Ruarc took charge of his idea. "It feels like since we started the school year, it's been all life and death."

At the sight of a blonde female, the small godling, perhaps no more than two, began squirming. Ruarc would find her a little more difficult to handle as she tried to worm her way toward's Jane.

"Mama?"
Kai
Site Admin

Post by Kai »

"Ah, Raiko-chan is-" Ginga started, but she was cut off by the same person who had asked her the question moving past her and talking to the other guests who were in the dining room. The rather demure girl didn't bother finishing, as Jane had walked to stand right next to Raiko, rendering the answer moot anyway. She finished preparing the drinks, and loaded them on a tray, walking out around the counter and beginning to set them at their intended spots around the low table.

Raiko, of course, would not be distracted from her current task, as she was beginning to plate up rice, salmon, fluffy rolled eggs, and bowls of Miso. "Yes, they are the ones from before, Smith-san," she managed to answer the blonde Texan, despite her concentration, putting the last plate onto a tray and following Ginga to the table, where she began placing everything in front of all the guests. Kiki could be heard from behind the counter groaning a bit, as she realized that she had been left with clean-up, but began her task without any other complaint.

"Please, there is enough for you, you may sit with us, if you'd like," Raiko told Jane as she set the last of the food on the table.

"Wait, you were there that time with Caoranach," Miyuki said, as she finally realized why this girl seemed so familiar. "You just disappeared afterward and we never saw you again!"