The battle for the well

This is a place for text-based D&D sessions to happen. Have fun!
Whalerman

The battle for the well

Post by Whalerman »

Start your characters at level 1 you can use any dnd cannon book. I'm going to apologize in advance if this doesn't go well it's my first time trying text based DnD. I'm am going to trust you guys to roll you own stats. The setting is going to be in a small desert city, mostly human occupants the occasional kobold and ogre carrivans.
Sleepy

Re: The battle for the well

Post by Sleepy »

Can we just use points buy it easier and we don't get op fast
Whalerman

Post by Whalerman »

Points buy works for me
Whalerman

Post by Whalerman »

Let me know when y'all are ready
Sleepy

Post by Sleepy »

Waiting on you guys
Whalerman

Post by Whalerman »

you find yourselves twittling your thumbs in boredom riding with a caravan through a desert that consists of orcs, half orcs, humans, and a couple of gnomes. The drivers have told everyone that they are stopping in a small town called Mos Eisley. The members that have been there before tell you its a one well town with two warlord factions trying to take control of it. They say the mostly human occupants live in perpetual poverty unless they join one of the faction armies. When you begin to see the city on the horizon approaching from the south you can see a tower on the east and west side and the city itself is surrounded by a circular wall with the towers at opposite ends.
Whalerman

Post by Whalerman »

When you enter the city gate you notice a well in the middle of the courtyard with 4 guards around it, also a run down inn on the north side of the town wall, and just as bad looking homes and shops around the border of the town and large gates standing in front of each tower with 2 guards at each gate. The guards at the west tower are wearing various bits of leather armor and carrying spears, and the guards at the well and the east gate are wearing leather armor with mail shirts and short swords. As the caravan is continuing to come in you notice that anytime one of the citizens approaches the well the guards take out their swords and runs them off. The caravan driver tell you the the east tower owns the well and the faction leader Deacon taxes the west tower faction triple his own people. He also tells you the leader of the west side is named Bal Cas. And that both are always looking for freelancers and mercenaries, any if you want more information than that go to the temple its built into the wall on the southwest side of town.
Sleepy

Post by Sleepy »

I head for the temple
Whalerman

Post by Whalerman »

As you walk towards the temple the guards at the well are staring at you, they are used to seeing orcs with the caravan but none as armed and armored as Grom and the unusual sight of a tiefling and a gold dragonborne. You make your way to the temple without incident. When you reach the temple you are met by an elderly human priest who welcomes you to the temple, he leads you inside the dilapidated temple passing a small library and alter to a kitchen and offers you a seat at his table and some food and water and ask why you are here
Sleepy

Post by Sleepy »

Grom says i work, who strongest?