Session 3: Willow Fairburn

Mr. Blackbird Lore

Re: Session 3: Willow Fairburn

Post by Mr. Blackbird Lore »

Lady finally sat up from her reclined position. It was a small shift, but a serious one. Hands that had comfortably relaxed in her lap now clasped one another; her feared CEO kata.

"You're being flippant." At the words, Willow could feel some of the anger bleed away. Not all, but enough to calm her. "I'm not here to grade your formatting, I'm here to help you chart your course. Make sure it's at least a page of meaningful words. Words that meet the parameters I just gave you. Any other questions?"
Straken

Post by Straken »

Willow held her ground for long enough to not seem spineless before relenting in deference. This session had actually felt helpful, contrary to what Willow was used to from counseling sessions. Raising her hands palms out, she admitted defeat. Returning her posture to how she'd sat when she first entered the room, Willow now wore her own face. "Of course, ma'am. When would you like it by?"
Mr. Blackbird Lore

Post by Mr. Blackbird Lore »

"One week should be sufficient." She stood. "If you have no other questions, Willow, our session is concluded." She watched as the former-druid-turned-allomancer walked to the door.

"Willow." When she had the student's attention, she added. "I am always available if you have questions or concerns about the school, your education, or your plans. And I mean that truly. I do not make idle promises. If there is ever anything that you are uncomfortable or cannot ask of Mr. Flynn, I am at your disposal.

"Have a pleasant day. Remember, no more charging head down. You are making a plan now. Your plan." The smile she wore as Willow departed was sincere and warm, and left Willow feeling reinvigorated. The future was hers. Time to seize the day. Time to seize every day.

As she closed the door behind herself, Miss Smith appeared around the corner. When their eyes met, the instructor tipped her hat. "Miz Fairburn. Survived yer first roun wi' da bull, eh? Congratulations. Now if ye'll 'scuse me." And Jane opened the door with a forced smile.
Straken

Post by Straken »

"One week it is," Willow agreed with a nod as she stood up. Once she was in the open doorway she turned and thanked Lady for her time and advice. No sooner had she stepped into the hallway then she bumped into Miss Smith. On a moment's self control, Willow resisted the urge to bounce a bit on her toes as Jane greeted her.

"Of course, Ma'am Smith... Miss Smith!" Willow said back. "Grabbed the horns!"

Willow backed away with a cocksure smile on her face. Once Jane had entered the office, Willow turned and left quickly, muttering how dopey that greeting was.