[Aside] One Last Journey

Kokuten

Re: [Aside] One Last Journey

Post by Kokuten »

It had been a long trip back.

Probably even longer for Tremos. When Percival realized her disgusted responses, he had turned up the sweetness on all of his interactions. He was tired, he was exhausted, but he never passed up on a moment to bother people with such petty things. More importantly, Miyuki seemed to lean further into her silence and her stares and her thoughts. Unlike the women he knew before his departure, this Miyuki was giving painful consideration to things before she said them, and when she wasn't considering that, it looked like she went deeper.

Perhaps she was just tired, but Percival took no chances and passed the hours with his fiance using classics like:

"Oh, can I hold your hand? Yes, I know you need to it to shift. I know. Just give my thigh a little squeeze, and I'll know which one to go to. C'mooooon Miyuuuuuu."

"Your eyes are so beautiful, I don't think I've ever seen them in a light like this before."

"My phone? Yes, it's in my coat here. Eyes on the road please. No, I will not get it for you, my hand is covered in blood. Almost got it. Lower. Lower. Lower. Low-- Ow! You didn't have to pinch me!"

"You have something on your shoulder, and your neck, and your cheek, and... mwah! Ha ha ha ha!"

"Yes, yes, the blood has dried; you're so cute when you're worried about my physical trauma."

"I looooooo-----oooooooooove you."

It was hard to pin down his sincerity among the goofing, Percival did an excellent job in mixing it up.

When they had finally made it home, Percival was fatigued, but as always, unable to really feel sleepy. So he kept to Miyuki's side as they went up to Ariel's new room. He had a feeling that explaining Ariel's condition would fall on him when it came to breaking the news to Ruarc, but he saved that thought for another day. Instead, he looked down at the literal precocious angel, and felt a warmth build in his chest. He never liked children, but something about the work here was brining him around. Maybe they weren't all little, fire-ball-spewing monsters.

He set the Worrywort on her nightstand, and a small crystal next to it. With a little shake, the crystal began to glow gently. It was not enough to fill the room with light, but it was enough to make out where you were going.

The two had stepped out into the night air, a warm Osaka breeze carrying over through the trees. Pressed against Miyuki, Percival felt at peace. The world felt miles away. The demons, the shades and the horrid monsters felt like distant memories. This was happiness, but at its peak, his pending immortality, and Miyuki's inevitable mortality felt more real. The Alchemist gripped the Ice Queen's hand tighter, almost like she'd blow away in the wind.

"I love you."