Chapter 2 - Preamble: Safeholme Fall Festival

The story unfolds around Osaka, Japan, with the unlocking of one girl's hidden potential, and a gathering of Young mages whom are destined to change the fate of the Earth.
Zotsune

Re: Chapter 2 - Preamble: Safeholme Fall Festival

Post by Zotsune »

Kitsueki looked around worried, ears darted in all directions as the portals opened up and the sound of an alarm blared out.

"Reika what's going on? Please tell me this is some sort of 'prank the new class' that I've heard upperclassmen would do sometimes." Her legs already shifted to be more vulpine like in the middle of the conversation.

Kitsueki looked straight into Reika's eyes with a pleading look as her tear ducts filled but not quite bursted yet. "If this isn't a prank do you have any friends who we can go into a portal together with? You know, strength in numbers. I'm not much of a fighter but I'll try to not be a hindrance should we have to protect ourselves."

Okay maybe Safeholme isnt as safe as I thought it would be. I hope I'm placing my faith in the right person, I don't know anyone else outside of that person who told my fortune earlier today.
Kai
Site Admin

Post by Kai »

The Alchemy Lab
As Miyuki entered her Fiancé's lab she heard the warning sent psychically by Lady, and frowned. "Well, I suppose fetching you to the festival is a bit of a moot point now," the Ice Queen cracked, dryly. "Dear, you wouldn't have anything that can get us out of here quickly?" she asked, before being guided by Percival to an answer to her question.

"Oh," she remarked, watching the sprites get to work as Percival did so himself, and, upon the rather impressive presentation of the Everlasting, and the Welshman's beckoning, she boarded, and followed instructions, getting to the mast and shrouding it in a layer of ice to keep it cool, paying attention to what the ice was doing to ensure she was keeping it shrouded until they made good their escape.

Festival's Edge
Suddenly, the festival took several turns, in quick succession. First, Drysi blurted something out she probably shouldn't have, followed by a typical jest from Manon that had the Japanese blonde ready to giggle, especially when Vrey offered her very kind suggestion. The next, her laugh was cut short by an urgent Psychic message from the guidance counselor, and then numerous portals appeared all over the grounds which the message had guided them to use. within a blink, Katerina found herself bustling along toward a nearby portal with the whole group, rather shocked and confused. instinctively, she grabbed the satchel and clutched it against her chest, making her way into the portal with the others. Perhaps, she should have given out her gifts sooner, but it would likely suffice for her to do so once they found their way to relative safety. Or at least what she had been told was, as Katerina wasn't able to tell what was even wrong at Safeholme.

Safeholme Grounds
Reika looked around, noting the nearest portals and those being utilized by the people she was more familiar with, and realizing there were none that fit the criteria of Kitsueki's query.

"Unfortunately, this is not a drill, Sumedha would not make thins kind of joke," She answered first, grabbing the new student's hand with her left, and drawing out Kitsuneken with her right. "Come, I'll take us through the closest portal. Do not worry, I shall protect you, I am a master of my art." Kitsueki could feel the strength in Reika's grip, and the short sleeves and short skirt of her school uniform revealed a thin yet muscular figure, that of a martial artist with more than a decade of experience, and on top of that, she could likely feel several layers of magical enhancement was over the girl's body as she prepared herself for a possible fight.

"With me, Hopefully these portals lead to places nearby one another, but if not, I will guide us to a safe house."
Gwathdraug

Post by Gwathdraug »

"Guten Abend." Vrey bobbed her head in greeting to the old man and looked pointedly at her shoulder where Remarque was excitedly looking around at the commotion happening all around them. The puppy blinked in confusion as he caught the teen's gaze.

"My apologies for him." Vrey told the man in front of her, ducking her head respectfully once more. "He is new." Patting Remarque on the head with a look of exasperation that was out of place on the placid girl's face, Vrey followed Johann through the portal.

---

"Of course Sumedha." Riley said as they moved closer to the doctor, as she sunk into the ground and flit from shadow to shadow back towards the stand that had been set up with Lyra. Watching the students move towards escape the stage magician let their magic pull on their soul - a cold, satisfying needling - as a black breastplate, etched with the impression of scales, formed between their hands.

"Grabbing our blades?" Lyra whispered as she stepped close and Riley passed her the breastplate and began to help the larger woman fasten the buckles. As their fingers threaded the straps, her hands closed around the sheathes for both Dyrnwyn and Lyra's mundane sword at the back of the candy booth.

"Already grabbed them." Riley smiled as they thumped the base of their fist against the swordswoman's shoulder. Her other body stepped out from under the shadows of a tree a moment later and tossed a sheathe-and-blade to Lyra's waiting arm. "You look good." The second stage magician remarked cheerfully as she buckled Dyrnwyn's belt around her waist.

Lyra flashed a smile of her own back even as her eyes scanned the edges of the campus again and again. The taller woman pulled her blade free of its sheathe and rested it against her shoulder in a fool's guard. The trio stood in front of Lady waiting to cover everyone's retreat.
Mr. Blackbird Lore

Post by Mr. Blackbird Lore »

At a Table for Instructors
Ruarc, Eryl, Laoise, and several other staff members rushed into the portal. After one final glance around, Jane followed them through.

Aboard the Everlasting
Tanuki stared, wide-eyed as the entire apartment seemed to explode with mechanical action. She couldn't remember how she'd gotten there, but by the time she came back to herself she was standing on the stern castle beside Professor Caxton, still staring at him in astonishment and wondering, just who are you?

She blinked and tried to focus. He was giving her instructions. The model. Yes, okay. Small. It was small, easy. Probably. She'd never made something else awesome before. Tanuki wasn't even sure it was possible, but Professor Caxton seemed to think so and he'd been hiding a giant spaceship in his house, which Tanuki had thought impossible about thirty seconds ago, so he probably knew the possibilities better than she did.

"Yes. Yeah, okay. I can... I can do that. Probably." She reached out with hesitant hands. Tanuki Issei had no idea what she was doing, so she just did what seemed right. Her eyes fell shut and her hands hovered close to the model. Now just... make it awesome. Just be awesome but then make the model awesome. No big deal.

But it was a very big deal. Professor Caxton said everything was riding on her.

And nothing was happening.

Safeholme Grounds
After the students entered the door-shaped portal, there were four- technically, five- people remaining: the man identified as Opa, Lady, Lyra, Riley- and Erin. The rest of the parade ground was virtually empty, though the aged dimension mage noticed a pair of students that seemed rather lost. He looked gratefully toward Lyra, Riley, and Erin. "Danke schoen, meine Damen," he nodded, then gestured toward the portal. Getting the hint, Riley pushed Lady through. It was easily the most ungraceful maneuver Dr. Sumedha had ever performed in front of anyone, stumbling through the portal off balance. Opa nodded again, stepped in front of the door and threw a hand forward. It swept over him, and then continued across the yard to ensnare Kitsueki and Reika as they ran before the door slammed shut and the entire thing collapsed. These children, at least, were safe.

CRACK BOOM
A bolt of lightning snaked out of the woods, briefly blinding and deafening anyone nearby. When they opened their eyes...