Where E'ryone Knows Yer Name - Bar open to all professions

Off topic and out-of character posts. Pattel's Pub is the name of a small pub built in the Hymn, where many of the soldiers go to drink and unwind. This forum is not in character and is strictly for non-story related posting.
Mr. Blackbird Lore

Re: Where E'ryone Knows Yer Name - Bar open to all professio

Post by Mr. Blackbird Lore »

Lady smirked. "Or," she began, in that tone folks use when they're about to delve into a hypothetical- and oftentimes blatantly truthful- discussion. "Maybe I just like to play mind games. Certainly if you think I've got the- the 'no party' sign, was it?- then there's probably more than a few other men in here that think the same." Another sip, and then a shrug. "Or maybe you're right. I don't think I've decided just yet." Another smirk.
Straken

Post by Straken »

Fred was still beating himself up over his subpar question, and drank more whiskey in response to the impending sense of awkward air between the two pilots. “Tha’s good, tha’s good,” replied Fred. The Irishman swirled his drink as he thought of a return response. “Ma day has been pretty basic. Spent most of it hasslin’ some of the other Green Squadron pilots. S’why ahm here relaxin’,” he said as he anxiously cracked his neck.
“So, did ye grow up in Germany, Elfriede?” Fred asked in another attempt at a conversation.

Steven listened quietly to Betty’s ranting, and was about to make an interjection when the female pilot sprung a sudden question. Oh, these situations always turn out wonderfully, Steven thought to himself.
“Well of course you’re pretty, Betty,” Steven said in response as he finished of his beer. “Uh, I’ll have some vodka please,” he told the bartender.
Kai
Site Admin

Post by Kai »

Kai walked into the bar, realized he had no real reason to be here, and left.
Kokuten

Post by Kokuten »

"So... Iss' juss' what I think huh." Asher rubbed the bottom of his chin, a very thoughtful stare rose up the wall and too the ceiling. Lady would have to credit herself for making Asher think so hard out of combat, because that in itself is an achievement. As his head turned, so did the bottle, since it was still in his mouth. The remainder of the bear eventually funneled down into Asher's awaiting mouth, before it fell off to the side into one of his hands. "So... Y'came here t'get my attention, 'cause y'so smitten' by my rugged good looks, n'my down t'earth charm n'sexiness, yeah? Thass' gotta be it."

"Ja. I grew up in Trier, it was a pretty lively before the war. Back then, I used to be a studious schulmädchen. I went to Krankenhaus School for Girls. " Elfriede sighed, drinking up most of her Scotch in one go before slamming it back down on the table. "Oh if mutter could see what her little wunderkind has become... But! I'm rambling. You said you were from Ireland, rote mann?"

"D'aw, you're sweet, Steven." giggled Betty before ordering for another bottle of whiskey. "You ever had a superior that pissed you off to no end? Or is that just me?"
Straken

Post by Straken »

“Aye, I grew up in Wexford, Ireland. It was a peaceful littl’ vale south o’ Dubl’n, loved tha’ place,” Fred added in turn. “I went ta Saint Tiarnach’s Catholic School.” Fred thought about what more to add or if he should cut it off there. He sipped on his whiskey. “You mentioned yur muther, were you guys close? I wasn’t on good terms wit’ my fam’ly, s’why I joined the marines.”

“Ah I do what I can,” Steven said as he casually sipped on the glass of vodka, wincing slightly at the initial burn. “An’ don’t worry; everyone has to deal with superiors who get on their nerves. I have had the pleasure of serving under some, and I have no doubts that I have had subordinates who don’t like me. Every leader has a different methods.”
Mr. Blackbird Lore

"Well now, I don't know if it's just you- no one else has spoken to me." She smirked knowingly, understanding the implications of what she'd just said. "No need to flatter yourself, Asher. If I'd known you were here, I probably would have gone somewhere. Trouble follows a man like you, and I'm here to get away from work, not fill my free time with it." Again, a playful smile as she downed some more of her beverage. "And besides, if I were looking for your affections, I don't think I'd put up the 'no party' sign- why, I'm sure you're only here because you know I'm not going to shut you down immediately. I'm far too kind to crush your dreams so quickly, and attractive company is better than no company at all."
Kokuten

Post by Kokuten »

"You gotta' pretty nasty bite f'someone as nice as you." Asher chuckled through his teeth, flipping his empty beer bottle in the air, before catching it with one hand. She unloaded some pretty harsh comeback on him, but despite what she said, there seemed to be something in the air, something baiting him back in. "'Sides! What if tha' guy, since it ain't me, don' care 'bout whatcha wearin'? What if he's a fella that digs serious, dark-skinned women? What if he's cautious of docta's and finds tha' sense a danga' allurin'? What if he's got tha' uncanny ability t'see a woman wit'out her clothes, even when she's wearin'm? I mean, y'really tossin' aside a lotta' factors here." The Surandanian stood up, hopping on his Creeper and surfed back towards the bar, "N'here I thought you was tha' smart one!"

"She and I..." Elfriede thought for a moment, trying to think on the subject of her mother, before taking another sip of scotch. "She and I had a tenuous relationship. I liked playing and having fun, but my mother liked to watch me study and practice piano. This was grating, because I hated studying, and I hated the piano. So, occasionally we would fight, despite the nice family atmosphere that usually was forced through the house. If father had been alive, maybe there would've been some balance in the house, maybe we wouldn't had been at each others necks every time I got the urge to throw a hissy fit. Maybe I wouldn't have said such horrible things to her." The woman sighed, coming down her elbows. She tapped her knuckles on the table, signaling for another scotch. Her story took a pause while the bartender prepared the drink and gave it to her. When it arrived, she took another sip, and set down the glass cup. "It's hard to take back anything I said now."

"Yeah! But what about my leader? What kinda' excuse does he have?" groaned Betty, staring into the depths of her glass, the whiskey waving slightly into the cup. She went silent for a moment, before looking as if she were about ask him a question. Then, in came Asher tearing in between them.

"Beer me!" said Asher, who didn't have to wait long as the Bartender tossed the unopened bottle of alcohol at him. Asher grabbed it, and slammed the edge of the cap next to the counter top, before surfing away on his creeper. Diving back into his seat as he had done before with his strange grace.

"Tch... Marines..." growled Betty, staring rather poisonously at Asher.
Mr. Blackbird Lore

Lady Sumedha smiled as she listened to Asher, and when he took off she laughed softly. With a wave she called, "Mind games, Asher! Mind games!" Then she was back to nursing her margarita in relative solitude for the time being. She had a good feeling this wasn't the last time Asher would flirt, and that was quite alright with her.
Straken

Post by Straken »

Fred looked at his drink for a long while after Elfriede had finished talking as what she said struck a chord with him. “People so seldom say I love ya and then it's either too late or love goes. So when I tell ya I love ya, it doesn't mean I know yu'll never go, only that I wish ya didn't have to,” recited Fred before he took another sip of his drink. He sat for a few moments longer before downing the rest of his drink.
“Regrets are nothin’ ta talk about when drinkin’, neither are irritations nor vices, so…” Fred said adamantly as he then slammed a fist down on the bar and turned to look Elfriede eye to eye.

“I can’t say for your squadron leader, but I can tell you that bad superiors never last forever. Sooner or later you won’t have to take orders from that man. Whether it be because he got shot down or you switch to a different squadron,” Steven said in an attempt to diffuse Betty’s irritation.
Kokuten

Post by Kokuten »

"Oh? Say... There wouldn't happen to be an opening in Green Squadron, would there?" asked Betty shyly, pursing her lips in a cute manner, as if she didn't even mean it. "I really wouldn't mind taking orders from you."

Elfriede returned Fred's look, with an almost saddened gaze. She couldn't hold it for long, though, it felt shameful to act this way and stare someone in the eyes. With the alcohol taking an effect on her slowly, she couldn't help but feel a little saddened, a little alone. "You are a little deeper than you let on... rote Mann." said Elfriede, looking down in her glass with a silent sense of loss. She shouldn't have brought such a thing up in the first place, which only drug her down further. A short laugh expelled weakly from her lips. "I guess you weren't lying when you said you listened in on drunk women."

"Mind games? C'mon Sumedha, y'not that outta' touch, yeah?" said Asher, taking a down a good bit of his beer before setting it down. "I spent a year by m'self wit' tha' only company bein' a bunch neighborly freaks wit' claws n'fangs. You can' say tha' current company is any worse, eh?"