Where E'ryone Knows Yer Name - Bar open to all professions

Off topic and out-of character posts. Pattel's Pub is the name of a small pub built in the Hymn, where many of the soldiers go to drink and unwind. This forum is not in character and is strictly for non-story related posting.
Straken

Re: Where E'ryone Knows Yer Name - Bar open to all professio

Post by Straken »

“An opening? Hmm, there aren’t any openings at the moment, but there are some pilots I would be willing to let go for you instead,” Steven said as he sipped on his drink.

Fred pouted as Elfriede turned away. “It is only insecure women I eavesdrop on, but I had you figured fur a strong lass,” he said as he held his position looking at Elfriede. “But, if I may say, your eye is a lovely shade of baby blue. Wonderful’y accented by yur hair.”
Mr. Blackbird Lore

Post by Mr. Blackbird Lore »

Lady Sumedha contemplated this response, not because it was difficult to comprehend, but because some of its implications deserved a second thought. Asher hadn't seemed to catch her drift, which was well enough as she had a bad habit of speaking in blurry terms occasionally. She paused long enough to consider her response, and think about what he'd said. After all, she knew little of his history beyond the rumors that had drifted around Waypoint since she'd never had desire or need to delve into Westwood's past. Being a woman of medicine- one whose practice is to care for the body- she could see many ways such an experience could stunt one's social and emotional growth, if the rumors were accurate.

Finally she offered a sincere smile, and her tone was more involved. "No games, then, Asher. I have a genuine curiosity, if it's not too harsh for you to oblige: what was Surandan like? I only know what words floated around Waypoint."
Kokuten

Post by Kokuten »

"Aw, Surandan?" went Asher, leaning over the table as he began to gain a rather distant look. That look was quickly washed away as he looked at Lady with a grin, "Excitin' place, a lot more excitin' than here. Here, everythin' you want iss' provided f'ya! Booze, clothes, food, wata', babes, n'all tha' otha' things that make it so easy t'live 'ere. On Surandan, y'had t'fight for stuff! It was great! There was a risk 'round every turn, no matta' how safe y'thought y'were. Everyday wass' like an adventure! Which it wass', 'cause y'were adventurin' not t'die that day. Sure, there's mutants n'shit crawlin' all ova' tha place, wantin' t'maul y'fuckin' face in f'no betta' reason than t'maul y'fuckin' face in, but they were what made livin' there so thrillin'! An' man, fightin' one? Thass' a bigga' rush than you'll eva' get in y'life. I used t'have a claw collection that could line up from one end a'this bar, t'tha' otha'!"

"Really! Aw, you'd put me in Green Squadron? Over one of the other pilots?" went Betty in disbelief, wondering whether or not he had been kidding. She leaned in close, giving him a buzzed stare. "What's the catch?"

"Tch." went Elfriede, her one baby-blue eye looking over at Fred. "It's been a while since someone commented on my good eye." A small grin formed on her face before she punched him hard in the arm. "You know how to make a girl feel good about herself, at the very least, I'll give you that." She looked away for a moment, the faint radius on her bad eye following suit. Both her eyes worked well enough, but her left eye just didn't look to pretty. "So, are you going t'butter me up with words, and eat me like some Vollkornbrot? Hm...?" went Elfriede, looking back at Fred with an arched brow, and glass to her slightly curled mouth. "A man doesn't say such nice words unless he's up to something."
Straken

Post by Straken »

Steven leaned forward and matched Betty’s stare. The movement felt languid as he also began to feel the buzz of the alcohol set back in. “Catch? The only catch is that I wouldn’t have to deal with the pilot you replaced,” Steven said in a very straight forward manner.

“Ouch,” said Fred as he playfully acted as though his arm was hurt. “Now tha’s more like the Elfriede I know.” He settled down and started in on another drink. He had to think for a moment about the next thing that Elfriede had said though. “Now, I am only vaguely aware of what a vulkernbrat is, but hey if it tastes good we Irish will eat anything.” Now he had to sit and think about what he had just said, which resulted in a very confused look on his face. “Wait, no, that sounded awkward. But otherwise I have now ulterior motives by complimenting you. Ahm not really in the state of mind necessary for planning that far ahead.”
Mr. Blackbird Lore

Post by Mr. Blackbird Lore »

Of course. Asher was just the sort of man to thrive in such an environment, although she was surprised he managed to survive it all with his fear of doctors. That was quite the feat. Regardless of how accurate his brag may have been, it was still very impressive. "Sorry, but fighting for my life every day isn't exactly my ideal lifestyle. I'm sure they'd be willing to shuttle you off home, though, if you'd much rather be scrabbling in the dirt for scraps and a safe place, than having three meals and a cot." Despite the bite her words carried, Lady was smiling. It was natural for her to be critical of everything, and though she considered it to be merely teasing more than one person had been turned away from her by such talk. Asher had already encountered this when she struck him down without actually saying those words.
Kokuten

Post by Kokuten »

"Naaaaaah!" Asher waved his hand side to side in a wide motion, denying the suggestion. The bite in her tone wasn't too bad, it wasn't like when she had sunk her teeth into him around the time they had first met. Back then, it seemed more like it was a contest to see who could come up with the most creative punishment or insult for him. "As unexcitin' as this place is, iss' new, and iss' nice. I get t'chill f'as long as I want, do tha' occasional handy-work f'people t'admire, and there's beautiful women everywhere! It ain't juss' Dusty no more. Though, I think tha' main thing that keeps me from goin' back iss' people. Afta' spendin' a year alone, I'd forgotten how nice it was t'see a friendly face or two when I woke up in tha' mornin'. So, yeah, Surandan's excitin' and shit, but this place feels more like a cozy home."

"Well, I guess that's nice..." said Betty, bringing the bottle of whiskey to her lips and tilting it high upwards to guzzle more of it's contents. "Seriously though, how would you get that past... Command? Yeah, them. Wouldn't they question that? I mean, I'm not exactly coming from a classy squadron." She poked out her lips and seemed to consider what she had just said, " Well, they're classy, just not as classy as your squadron."

"Oh, such a gentleman. Getting flustered and tied up with your words..." Elfriede smiled rather suggestively, before hiding her grin behind her glass of scotch. One of her eyebrows bounced up in a curious gesture before she continued, "You were rather smooth a second ago, talking about my lovely eye, how it accented my hair." Her tone had become a little playful. Though, that was when she wrapped an arm around the large man and leaned into him, her lips just inches from his ear. Her tone was still playful, but it had a seductive haze behind it. "So tell me... Does the rote Mann really eat anything? If it tastes good?"
Straken

Post by Straken »

Fred glanced back to Elfriede with a look of mild amusement. He picked his glass up and swirled the whiskey and ice around before lifting it to his mouth. “Like everything in an Irish diet, it all depends on how hungry we are,” the Irishman said in a coy tone as he tipped the glass back and caught an ice cube in his teeth. With the ice cube still held between his teeth he gave a handsome smile and bit into the ice. In a moment’s time his suave smile dropped away to a look of pain. His right hand shot up and he grasped his jaw. “Balls, that cold!”

“Well, the higher ups might question it, but a recommendation from the best pilot in the navy carries a lot of weight,” Steven said, throwing on a slight smirk while he was at it.