[Chapter One] Flight of the Bellicose

The first lines of attack and defense in space, Fighters are essential to the safety of a fleet of starships, acting as both a shield and sword, Fighter squadrons can win or lose a battle for their much larger motherships.
Straken

Re: [Chapter One] Flight of the Bellicose

Post by Straken »

With his pilots forming up in front of him, Steven really started to get a feel for the new feel of the squad with two new arrivals and four members who had been in Green for roughly a month. Before he could form a response to Aurora Arcadia came in to provide one of her own unique greetings, so before continuing Steven gave the woman a rather questioning look.
“Yes Airman Aurora, we have been anticipating your arrival, and that form,” Steven began as he looked at the woman, which made him pause. “It should work out just fine.”

“Ya know, ya look a lot different than the last Ottyo Ah got ta know,” Fred interjected with a wide grin. “Ah was expectin’ more feathers to be honest, but Ah think Ah can live with this human look o’ yurs.”
Once again Steven gave a stern look, this time to the Irishman.

“Well, since most of you are lined up now, and the rest within earshot, I will begin,” Steven announced as he began his briefing. “To answer Arcadia’s question, Green Squadron’s ETA to the skirmish area is just over five minutes from now. Upon exiting the hangar Green Squadron is tasked with disabling the lead cruiser alongside several Shamshir squadrons. The goal of today’s operation is to expand our zone of control around Saratar Station. Any questions before we hop in our fighters?”
Kai
Site Admin

Post by Kai »

Aurora quirked an eyebrow at Arcadia's greeting, the rest of her face remaining impassive, and responded to the veteran Pilot. "Thank you, I think. However, I believe there is more pressing business at hand." As if on cue, Steven spoke up, greeting her, accompanied by Fred, and then, Steven continued to brief the Squadron. After the Briefing, Aurora had no questions, at least for Steven, She instead addressed Fred.

"By Other Ottyo, you mean Killinger, Correct? While he is an excellent combatant, the Principality feels that he lacks the proper grace necessary to be an effective liaison, although he seems to be doing well nonetheless." She smiled at the Irishman and his candidness, and then decided to inform him that she wasn't as human as she looked. "If you would like, at some point I may be able to show you my original body, though, I would still be quite different than what you were used to with Killinger. For the time being, I devise it is best to prepare ourselves for the coming mission my good man."
Mr. Blackbird Lore

Post by Mr. Blackbird Lore »

The A1C glared crossly at the Irishman. "Do you really have to be so blatantly vulgar all the time? Seriously, that's disgusting. It's like you have no shame whatsoever." She sighed and shook her head before quickly shifting gears. Arcadia, having already prepared and ignorant of the previous Ottyo, took advantage of the moment to probe Aurora with a few questions. Her first thought was to ask about 'Killinger'- because let's be serious, that has to be the name of a psychopath- but she nixed it in favor of, "Are you some sort of shapeshifter or something? I mean, how do you manage this look?"
Kai
Site Admin

Post by Kai »

"I will summarize so you may understand more quickly; Suffice to say that I was removed from my original body and placed into a Terran body which was specially grown and prepared for me." Aurora answered. "Or do you mean how do I prepare my look every morning? That, I believe shall remain secret, but it includes much more effort than switching bodies did, In my opinion. Of course, that is how I am told Human females are, so it's simply a part of the role I must play in order to learn about your species and its cultures." She smiled at her overly elaborate joke, wondering if it had come off correctly. It would have been funnier in her native tongue, but of course, nobody would understand it. Not that she could properly speak her native tongue in the Terran body anyway.
Mr. Blackbird Lore

The response left Arcadia speechless for a moment. "So... You can just grow full bodies willy-nilly? Just... whenever you want?" The implications were massive. The entire Terran Marine Corps. could be replaced easy as that if this worked the way she thought it did. "I mean, if you can do that, you could have a whole replica army at your disposal. It's like some bad sci-fi movie come to life." She could see it now: an army of Marines, every single one carrying the same face- that smug face of the most detestable Marine she'd ever met. The pilot imagined all of them fearlessly marching to their dooms with the knowledge that they were being replaced that very second, fresh clones being pumped out by some mad machine at some insane pace in some secret facility. It was enough to creep her out a little.
Kai
Site Admin

Post by Kai »

Aurora had to stifle a chuckle at Arcadia's reaction. "Ah, No, we cannot simply grow individuals 'Willy Nilly'. The process took quite a number of months and was rather difficult. It's based on your own medical techniques, though it is more of a type of 'vehicle' that I am 'piloting' if that makes sense to you. This body will break down and need replacement in a short time, as well." Whatever Arcadia may have been imagining, it wasn't currently possible with Terran technology- They could go as far as transplanting a living brain into another body- an operation related to what Aurora currently was- But they could not simply clone fully functioning adults to use as soldiers. Not that Arcadia would necessarily know that. However, Aurora did. "I do not think you have anything to worry about with replica armies and the like, so you may relax. If you will excuse me, I must prepare my craft for the sortie."
CadetNewb

Post by CadetNewb »

A low, long whistle came from Beryl. "Wow, they sure make girls different over there," she remarked with a grin. She put a finger up to her lip, staring up at the ceiling in thought. "If I had a say, I'd guess it's more elegance, buuuuuut, at the cost of old fashioned boom!" the young pilot went on, briefly popping up on the balls of her feet to give herself a bit of a bounce. She never did tire of this stuff - it was always, always amusing how people reacted, and this 'Aurora' she was a complete unknown! Who knew how she'd act? Looking over the apparently not-so-human pilot from top to bottom one more time, she too made her way to her own craft.

"Hey, promise me we can have a girls night out, all of us, yeah?" she called out. "I promise to make it worth your while!" she winked at her.
Mr. Blackbird Lore

That was a relief. It was one thing to regrow body parts for the wounded, but constructing a whole Terran in one go was... ludicrous, really. And now that she was mulling it over with a little more thought, she realized it was silly. After all, Aurora's mind had to be implanted after the body was developed. While that was a whole other mess she refused to sort, it was a simple enough answer to her replica army suggestion. The albino had excused herself from the conversation, which Arcadia took as her cue to return to Stygian Retribute. She paid Beryl no mind despite being a new face- sort of. Langdon did a double-take, wondering why the girl looked so familiar, but couldn't place it. She put it aside for now- the sortie was about to begin and Arcadia would not be caught unprepared for duty.

"In any case," she thought to herself while climbing into the cockpit, "She's just like Fred- blatant and crass."
Kai
Site Admin

Post by Kai »

"I might have to take you up on that offer, for my mission if nothing else" Aurora responded to the rambunctious young Terran, but otherwise continued over toward her fighter. "Although some of the literature I was exposed to has me somewhat concerned as to what a Girls' night out may be, I doubt much harm can be done on a military vessel."

As Aurora finished her trip to her assigned fighter, the Terran-bodied Ottyo liaison somehow managed to bring her enormous volume of hair into a tight bun, which fit neatly into the helmet that she affixed to her head posthaste. She settled herself swiftly into the fighter, and began her preflight checks- they all checked out well on the brand-new fighter, though she did note that the design of the consoles and controls were not completely familiar to her- She had been informed of and trained on the controls, both in her original body and her current one, but she had yet to actually fly one of these craft, let alone into combat. Regardless, she soon felt comfortable and Signaled her readiness to the Squadron commander, and sat down to await further commands.

"Terrans are an intriguing species, are they not?" She muttered to herself, before taking a moment to adjust herself in the seat. Discomfort was a much more bothersome thing in this human body- it was more difficult to ignore, and yet somehow easier to overcome, at least for short periods of time. As she did so, she looked at the other pilots, settling on Allison Taggart, and her well developed posterior "Perhaps I require additional padding..."
Kokuten

Post by Kokuten »

"I heard that!" said Allison Taggart, who had been leaning over the edge of her cockpit to check for seat huggers. She didn't bother looking up yet, as she unconciously continued to present the rest of the squad with the flight-suit shelled posterior. Seat huggers were such a hassle, as the engineers in their bay were jerks, as Allison thought. They would sometimes put an abnormal amount of safety cushioning in the seat, and sometimes make very difficult to pull herself out after a run. Happily, though, she found none, and quickly wiggled herself off so she could stand at her unimpressive height to look at the other pilots. She hadn't bothered to introduce herself, and judging by the red look on her face, she hadn't responded so loudly on purpose. She looked a little hurt, though,staring specifically at Aurora.

She pursed her lips, and turned around with a pout before rolling into the cockpit of her fighter, her round tail-end catching on the edge slightly, before letting her ease into the plush seat. The shy pilot looked out at the others from the edge console, watching them, and waiting for them to stop paying attention to her and move on to something else.