[Aside] Unfound Destiny

I'll figure out a description as we go.
Mr. Blackbird Lore

Re: [Aside] Unfound Destiny

Post by Mr. Blackbird Lore »

Zhangjie had a subdued, smug smile on his face as he folded his arms over his chest. The glowing veins along his chin seemed to turn up the brightness a degree, as if stimulated by his amusement. "Destiny, please, these feels like a pretty drastic overreaction, which I think only makes our point for us. You are far too deeply invested in this. You've developed a compulsive obsession about this robot, and it's straining you and your personal life."

He glanced briefly over his shoulder at Kashevski. "And scaring your coworkers."
Kai
Site Admin

Post by Kai »

Dr. Briggs narrowed her eyes, almost growling at the pair before her. "I've wasted my life? What about this!?" she asked, gesturing vaguely to the room they were in, and presumably to the entire compound. "I've created the largest concentrated center of learning, research, and knowledge in the galaxy. I've taken the last two centuries' greatest inventor's legacy and expanded it. I haven't sat idly for a minute! So what if I spend some of my time searching for him?" Having said those last few sentences in a single breath, she paused, huffing a bit to fill her lungs back up, eyes almost daring the two of them to complain about her 'hobbies' again.

"And at least I can remember to put pants on, and have enough sense to realize sleepwear isn't appropriate attire for a meeting with the director of my department, let alone the head of the entire facility!" she lashed out at Pollie, before turning to Uso and glaring at the mana-infused man.
"And don't get me started on the time your carefree approach to research managed to demolish an entire building when you blew up that extremely invaluable, irreplaceable man-sized mana crystal we found on one of our trips to broken Terra! That could have boosted our research by DECADES and now it's yet ANOTHER crater on our poor, abandoned home planet!"
Mr. Blackbird Lore

Post by Mr. Blackbird Lore »

Ever unflappable, Zhangjie only seemed more bemused by the fire in Dr. Briggs. "Oh ho ho. We all know I'm a very meticulous, I'm just willing to take the risks you old bones-" he made his swirling hand gesture a second time at the pair of them, "And I do mean the generic you, not the pair of you. And that risk was well worth it, if not the most efficient use of our only man-sized mana crystal..." He trailed off with perhaps a hint of emotion in his voice. It would be a stretch to call it embarrassment- he was nigh impervious to such a frail emotion- but concession isn't really an emotion either.

"Regardless, pointing out our mistakes doesn't excuse yours. Which you know full well, being the genius you are." This was not flattery, of course. Zhangjie was merely incapable of being subtle. "And Kash didn't say wasting your life, she said putting it on hold. Though there is a very strong argument that it has been a waste of some of your time..."

He threw out his hands as if to call an end to the conversation. "BUT as I recall we have work to do. Any chance we can focus?"
Kokuten

Post by Kokuten »

Where Zhangjie was quite unflappable, Pollie was very flappable. She didn't like getting yelled at, that's why she got a degree to get into a field where people didn't yell at each other. When Destiny lashed out at Pollie, she visibly recoiled, as if struck in the face. She looked down at her over-sized t-shirt, draped over by a large lab-coat, and she replayed a thought in her mind.

Paula Kashevski was a lady of knowledge, above the petty tenets like a professional dress code when there were important matters to be handled.

She didn't feel quite as confident in that now, being dressed down as she was. It upset her. The feeling didn't rest well in her chest.

"Fine," she muttered, lips pursed her goggle eyes casting their gaze aside, "chase a ghost, instead of people who actually love you."