[Chapter 1] Starting Somewhere

Daring adventurers willing to risk it all in the name of galactic peace and exploration, the fighter pilots of the United Galactic Republic Navy are the heroes of their own tales, as well as of lore; always at the forefront, the UGR Navy pilots fly their fighters as extensions of themselves in order to ensure peace and prosperity around the galaxy.
Kai
Site Admin

[Chapter 1] Starting Somewhere

Post by Kai »

After the battle with the bandits in the Debris field, and then ensuing chaos after the Karakoram had picked up green flight, Rally Thomas had decided that she wanted to lay low for a while, and, outside of training flights, basic exercises, and whatever bits of actual duty they managed to make the young pilot do, she had managed to do a pretty good job of it. The blue-haired girl recalled that they had sent out several sorties to try and catch the bandits that had got away, and had brought in the wreckages of the older fighters that had accosted them, but nothing more interesting than that, and the fact that the object she had found getting secreted away, had really happened since that time. Unfortunately, Rally's plans of laying low could only last for so long, and by now, her small cabin's equally small pantry had run out of supplies, forcing her to make her way out into the somewhat cramped world of the Karakoram. She found herself now, in the ship's shopette, a basket hung from one arm, as she trawled the aisles looking for something that might catch her fancy, whether it be food, drink, or even some other necessary items, such as hygiene supplies.

At the moment, she held quizzically onto two bottles that looked the same, aside from their colors. One, with a black label and a dark red cap, read "Mr Manley's Manly Man Body wash and Shampoo", as well as promising to be the manliest smelling thing one could possibly buy. The other bottle, which sported a grey label and a pink cap, was similarly labeled "Mrs. Manleys Manley Woman Body wash and Shampoo" Likewise, and rather uncreatively, it promised to be the womanliest smelling thing one could buy. She puzzled for several more moments, before putting the bottle of Mrs. Manley's back and depositing the other in her basket, next to several boxes of various Breakfast Bears products, and some packaged noodles and a six pack of some weird imported beer.
Straken

Re: [Chapter 1] Starting Somewhere

Post by Straken »

August had just finished his daily jog on one of the treadmills in the exercise center. He had pushed himself a little harder than usual today due to an unpleasant dream he had had, and subsequently was more winded than usual. After cooling off and showering, the young lieutenant began the walk back to his quarters in a pair of drab pants and a tucked in tank top. Along the way he past by the in-ship shopette and figured now was as good of time to grab a couple of amenities and a sports drink as a reward to himself. Grabbing a basket he made his way into the first aisle that had a fridge with cool drinks in it. Grabbing a drink and then a protein bar from the shelf on the other side of the aisle, he began to meander as he scanned for other supplies he might have been running low on. A package of fresh razors, some tissues, and some woodland scented air fresheners, the only thing he was running low on was shampoo. Turning into the next aisle over he was surprised to see his wingmate Rally also looking at shampoo.

"Hey Rally, fancy running into you here," August greeted as he walked over to her.
Mr. Blackbird Lore

Post by Mr. Blackbird Lore »

The reunion was abruptly interrupted as an older woman rounded the corner and rear-ended August, dropping her feminine products on the floor. She grunted in surprise and murmured something clearly in another language that sounded like, "Afwan." It took her a moment to realize the mistake and correct herself: "Excuse me, so sorry, young man." Then she noticed her purchase on the floor and flushed beet red and swore under her breath, once more in that foreign tongue. She sank onto her heels to collect her item and stood. "And with that, I really must go..." She took a few steps, paused, and spun on her heels with a curious expression. "I'm sorry... Did you say rally? As in Rally Thomas of Green Squadron?"

The woman was easily in her thirties, though just how advanced in her decade was uncertain. With the blush having faded, her soft brown complexion was clear. Dull brown eyes scanned the pair of them in the aisle inquisitively while awaiting a response. Black hair was set in a high ponytail, but it still fell halfway down her back. The most telling piece of information came from her clothes, however: it was the simple gray and black physical training uniform of UTR officers. The odds were high that she was a fellow pilot, given their station.
Kai
Site Admin

Post by Kai »

Rally seemed to feel as if she was suddenly being accosted, though she knew from experience that this was all a coincidence, especially since, before she could even respond to her wingman, he was bumped into by some unknown woman, whom promptly turned out to be quite problematic in regards to the blue-haired girl's plan of 'laying low'. Of course, it certainly didn't help that the young woman had such a distinct appearance, making her easy to spot whenever she came out of hiding.
"Uhh, Yeah, that's me" Rally answered sheepishly, not trying to ignore august but caught rather off guard by this newcomer. "Can I help ya with somethin?"
Mr. Blackbird Lore

She smiled, offered her hand, and introduced herself. "I hope so. I'm 1st Lieutenant Cecil Sampson, a new transfer to Green Flight. I just remembered your name on the roster and was hoping it was you. What providence!" The smile crinkled the skin around her eyes and deepened otherwise shallow lines at her lips.
Straken

Post by Straken »

August was a little indignant. He had been bumped into, interrupted, and seemingly brushed to the wayside; but at the very least she apologized, the pilot supposed. Now an observer of the conversation the woman had invited herself into, he was about to interject when the stranger introduced herself and her new station. His irritation had been replaced with genuine curiosity, and wondered when he was going to be informed about his Flight gaining a new wing. "Squadron lead never tells me anything."

"Well, small world then, Lieutenant Sampson," August said. "I'm First Lieutenant August, Green Flight Leader."
Mr. Blackbird Lore

Her eyes went wide with surprise. "Providence indeed!" She proffered her hand to her new supervisor. "Good to meet you sir, and peace." With introductions out of the way, the was something that has been nagging at her. "Sir, when I was reviewing the roster it seemed to load improperly, unless... Are there really only two pilots in green flight right now?"
Kai
Site Admin

Post by Kai »

"Well, You'd make three, I 'spose" Rally responded to Cecil's query. She looked into her basket a bit sheepishly, rummaging through the contents to make sure that she had everything, and finding that she was missing a couple of needed items, she gave the other two some options. "Well, if y'all wanna catch up, I've gotta get some more stuff, but I guess ya can follow me if walkin an talkin aint too hard."

Without waiting for a response, the blue-haired woman moved onward down the aisle, trying to find that one brand of toothpaste that everyone liked, hoping it wasn't out of stock like it typically was.
Mr. Blackbird Lore

"Oh, well that's peculiar." She pondered the strange situation a moment before declining Rally's invite. "Sorry, I was headed to the gym. Perhaps we can do dinner tonight, instead?"
Straken

Post by Straken »

"Yeah, generally numbers aren't a huge issue, up until we stumble across a stray skirmish," August said back to Cecil. Thinking back on it, he figured that he would probably prefer the old style of things, back before the military reformations that came about a couple decades after the end of the Great War. On one hand, more wings to keep an eye on your tail, on the other it meant trickier commands for the leader; and as the current flight lead, he was happy he only needed to direct Rally, and now Cecil. Snapping back to the conversation, Rally had begun to move away. Initially, he absentmindedly began to follow after to continue his conversation, but stopped and turned back towards Cecil.

"A dinner sounds like a good idea, we can get to know our new wingman," the flight leader said back before heading down the aisle towards Rally.