[Episode One] Gateway of Hopes

This archive contains the original story as it appeared on gaia, This is our main story, and what BHotR as a whole started from and builds off of. The setting has gone through many changes, and so the story has many inconsistencies. You can, in this forum, see the evolution of the story and its players as we went from a simple roleplay began in 2006.
Phe0n1x

Re: [Episode One] Gateway of Hopes

Post by Phe0n1x »

"Roger that, sir," Constantine bellowed and got out from cover. He decided to hell with cover and started to unload his magazine on the biggest lizard.
Kokuten

Post by Kokuten »

"Gotcha, boss, one can a'maximum fuck comin' right up!" roared Asher in reply as he blind fired over his cover before flipping over and locking down his sights. With that he pulled the trigger, laying down the suppressive spray, before laying out into more accurate bursts, just like in the training. That moment let him think on how nice it was to have such nice guns, fresh ammo had run out by year 5 on Surandan, and gunpowder by year 7. If there was anything he liked about his new life, it was readily supplied ammo and guns.
"What? Go down with you Asher? Nu-uhh! You're too small for my taste; I prefer my marines bigger. You know, the ones that's got more energy to soak up all the plasma for me and be good meat for the pounding!" [Cibo] quickly replied.
"Hey, besides y'hips, I wouldn't be talkin' too much 'bout small, twiddle-tits." laughed the Surandanian, roaring back at Cibo like a hyena. "'Sides, y'won't find leana', tougha', or betta' meat than' me, babe! I got mo' technique wit' danger than you could shake that flat chest at!"
CadetNewb

Post by CadetNewb »

"W-wha?!" Cibo sputtered innocently.

"Since, since when did we go from talking about Marines acting as bullet shields for me to my breast size?!" the intelligence agent cried. "My breasts are just fine, thank you very much!" Forgetting about the mission at hand and with seemingly nothing better to do, she settled for exchanging barbs with the small and short man. After all, this was personal. "And who are you to complain, Mr. Shorty McRude Pointy-Chin Pants! What girl would want a guy like you?"

"I can't imagine you having much choices, so stop being picky!"
Kai
Site Admin

Post by Kai »

The sudden concentration of Gauss fire from Garrett's squad quickly showed that Depleted uranium darts traveling at high speed were great for piercing armor, including the armor naturally found on Drathonians. Quickly, the last few remaining drathonians were taken down, leaving only the one with the Plasma rifle. He roared, aiming straight at the oncoming rush of Terrans, but was cut short as his body was riddled with all kinds of bullets. Like, a lot of them. It was almost humorous, watching him twitch from them all, but, soon, any semblance of humor was lost as the plasma rifle first went off, blowing a hole in the ceiling above the squad and showering them with debris, and then, after taking a hit itself, exploding in a ball of what else but plasma, scorching the hallway and filling it with the putrid scent of burning Drathonian flesh.

"Hendlow, what was that explosion?" Kai asked over the radio, seeming concerned, however, before Garrett could answer, he turned his attention to his squad. "Alright, girls, it's time to move. CIbo, Adrian, I need you to flank the door and prepare to provide covering fire. I'm going to break it down, and, when it's open, I need you two to lay down some fire. Be careful not to hit anything but enemies, though!"
Mr. Blackbird Lore

Post by Mr. Blackbird Lore »

"Nice o--" WHOOM. His natural reflex, after so many years around volatile materials, was to turn away his face and cover it with one arm. When he recovered, Garrett took a look around. Then he smirked and muttered to himself under his breath, "Dumb bastard."

To Kai, the Sergeant replied, "Yeah, plasma rifle exploded. Looks like we won't be wasting any time checking corpses." Next, to his squad: "Like I was saying, good work. Let's get on that door. Destiny, we're about thirty seconds from popping the hatch. Be ready." Sergeant Hendlow led his team to the door and checked in with his colleague. "Nakamura, we're ready to breach whenever you are. Also, I'd like to remind you that I do have an operative with sights on the room. She is ready to strike on my mark; she has confirmed two hostiles inside as well." For the breach, his team was arranged thus: himself, Constantine, and Kwon to the left, and Westwood and Rutthinger on the right.
Kokuten

Post by Kokuten »

"Ho yeah! Movin' up, boss!" hummed Asher as he rolled over the corpse he was hiding behind. "Man, talk 'bout a shitty way t'die! Not even gettin' one kill wit' that big ol' gun. Pfft-heh heh ha ha!" The Marine cackled, making his way to the right side of the door, or at least what he saw as the right side of the door. With his helmet dented in as it was, it was hard to see just exactly where he was going....

Clunk

"Fuck!" he yiped. "I'm okay, boss!"

... Which is why he ran square into the wall, chipping off some of the polarized material. He placed his hand on the wall, stabilizing himself and setting himself up in place. Luckily he could still pick out objects at distance, but his depth perception wasn't exactly good in places. He was a tad dizzied, until he heard Cibo's voice break through again.

"Heh heh heh, I got plenty a'choices, Pancake. F'a lotta' reasons! F'one, I'm a good listna'. Who else would listen t'all y'gripin'? F'two, I gotta' great personality. F'three, I'm sexy as hell." He chuckled at that, continuing on with a more knowing tone. "You? Y'hear whatcha' want t'hear! Plus! Y'got a smile that'd freak out hardened psychos, and y'bump inta' everythin' witcha' hips, and slip through everything witcha' chest. See? I even pay attention to you! Eh heh heh heh."
Phe0n1x

Post by Phe0n1x »

Hector chuckled as his squadmate ran square into the wall. While the man did act like a doofus on occasion, Hector would *never* want to cross Asher. That seemed like a terrible, life-ending decision. But what the hell, what's the worst that could happen right?

"Where's the tangos boss? I think popping some lizard heads would get Asher's mind off popping one off in Cibo, or the wall for that matter," chuckled Constantine.
CadetNewb

Post by CadetNewb »

"Yeah, yeah!" Cibo replied eagerly to Kai's order. The intelligence agent quickly moved to the side of the door and readied her rifle; whatever was inside was going to get caught in a crossfire between herself and Adrian's weapons fire. Usually, against other Terrans, they'd burst the door down with a charge and storm into overwhelm the stunned defenders, but these were Drathonians. A much slower and cautious approach was, sadly, necessary in situations like these. Or, lots and lots of concussion grenades. The type that tended to not harm equipment.

At Asher's remark however, there was only a small squeak, quickly squelched. After that, the radio chatter from her end pretty much dried up.
Mr. Blackbird Lore

Post by Mr. Blackbird Lore »

"Breaching!" He shouted and the door slid open. Sergeant Hendlow lobbed a concussion grenade through then quickly turned away. As soon as they heard the grenade go off (muffled by their helmets, thankfully) the team infiltrated the control room with Hendlow on point. By the time of their entrance, Destiny had killed one; the other didn't last much longer, falling to a hail of fire from multiple directions.

"Sergeant Nakamura, room's clear."
Kai
Site Admin

Post by Kai »

The room clearing went off without a hitch. In fact, it was the first part of the mission that had. The two squads of Marines formed together and Kai made his way to the console, and began typing in commands and passwords, the screen flashing from one thing to another extremely quickly as the Sergeant brought down firewalls and safeguards in a matter of minutes that the drathonians could not defeat in months and years of trying to get this particular gate working. Finally, the main screen turned on, as the smaller screen Nakamura had been looking at flashed to green.

Suddenly, the entire Fold gate gave a shudder, and a whining noise informed all aboard that it had been activated. The lights flickered for a moment before coming back online, and then the main screen showed an image of the fold gate, Fully active. Other cameras, however, showed images of the numerous hangars- Drathonian craft were landing in them by the dozens, and with dozens of hangars, that meant a lot of lizards. However, as the first Mars-class breached the threshold of the fold gate, Kai's squad couldn't help but give a cheer.