[Episode Zero] School Daze

Archives of Occultus Magica's beginnings, ten years prior to the current story.
Straken

Re: [Episode Zero] School Daze

Post by Straken »

“Muffoom miffem umfumfi feoom? Em emmom ermmiff,” Ruarc said as he watched his group of friends argue about the current situation. He quit trying to speak through the gag, instead he turned his attention to Laoise, “This isn’t Indiana Jones; a boulder isn’t going to come out of nowhere just for taking this gag out of my mouth. Think you could be a dear and untie my hands for me?”
”I probably won’t get far,” Laoise responded as she left her perch on Percy’s shoulder and flew around the chair to begin prying at the tough knot around the druid’s wrists.
”I know, this is just to drop the hint that I would like to get out of this chair.”

Despite Ruarc’s sudden impatience, he remained much the way he had for the past two days; sitting stoically with a calm, if almost wary, look in his eyes. Along with Laoise sitting on his hands tied behind the chair, he also gestured casually to his feet tied to the legs of the chair as he waited for someone to give him a hand out of his current situation.
Kokuten

Post by Kokuten »

"Don't worry, Ruarc, we're going to get out of here quick." said Percy, moving around to behind the Druid to untie his hands and loose him from his current situation, he shooed Laoise a little bit so he could work at it. The young Welshman worked quickly to undo the knot and try to get the Irish man, before moving to the gag on his mouth to let him speak again. He fumbled a little bit here and there, but the young man did his best when trying to work with rather tight ties. "How did you end up like this?"

"See? Percy was right! You're just being paranoid, you old goat." giggled Zulan, nipping at Aurus' behavior just before.

"Silence woman, I did not ask your opinion." growled Aurus, continuing with yet another growl. "And don't you go taking her side, Modeka. You're only doing it because you're affectionate of his size."

Percy only let out an exhausted sigh as he hastily worked on freeing the Keeper.
Straken

Post by Straken »

Once the gag had been removed from Ruarc’s mouth he promptly stretched his jaw and swallowed a couple of times. When he felt he was able to speak effectively again turned his head towards Percy.
“Ah wish Ah knew, Percy, but I don’t remember much after Ah entered the shop,” the druid told the summoner in a half lie. It was the events after he got chloroformed that he didn’t remember, but he felt that that detail wasn’t overly important enough to share. “The shop somehow got a hold of some runes that had been stolen from me, so Ah went in to get them, then bam, Ah wake up in this chair. Day ‘n a half later you lot graciously show up to give me a hand.”

As Percy got the ropes around his hands loose enough Ruarc pulled his hands free and began helping Percy with untying the ropes around his legs as well. Without a fumble, Ruarc quickly untied the series of knots around his legs.
“After a day of contemplating magical theory Ah got bored and studied how these knots were tied instead.”

When at last the final knot was untied, the tallest member of the magical troupe stood up to his full height once more and Laoise returned to her typical perch on her druid’s left shoulder. With an exhausted groan he stretched out his stiff joints, resulting in numerous loud cracks. Once he had stretched he pulled back the sleeves of his earth-toned shirt, revealing ruff skin and deep bruises on his wrists.
“Am le haghaidh roinnt aisíoc thar téarma,” Ruarc said first in Irish, as he massaged his wrists, then in Japanese, “Time for some overdue payback.”
CadetNewb

Post by CadetNewb »

'This is all fine and dandy, but any moment, we're going to get hit. And if it's not here, then during our trip through the dank, dark tunnels back. Or when we emerge out into the ship through the hidden door, where there's a nice and convenient chokepoint.' Duncan cynically thought. 'And I doubt any of these idiots have any experience in dealing with ambushes either.' the American boy's mind went on. The thought of any one of the girls + dank, dark tunnel/alley never, ever ended well. And since coming to Japan and learning of the culture...and it's odds and ends, it had taken on a whole new meaning. The boy shivered. 'Greaaaaaaat. Now I need brain bleach.'

"Uh, does anyone think this was all too easy?" Daylight Duncan asked them timidly.
Straken

Post by Straken »

“Well o’course it is all too easy. Judging by all o’ your’s appearances, it is safe to assume you got here with little trouble. An’ if they would go through the trouble of capturin’ me an’ stowin’ me in a way that suggests that they are aware of my magical abilities, then they should have some security somewhere unless this was a trap to get the lot of us together,” Ruarc stated his general observations as he lost no time walking passed the group and peering down the hallways, clearly anxious to be out of the place. “Now, they took ma bag when they grabbed me. So Ahm without ma Tome, as well as any runes Ah had, so Ahm at a disadvantage here. Anyone care to lead the way? I miss the daylight.”
Kai
Site Admin

Post by Kai »

"Finally, You've been found. My garden already misses you." Raiko told Ruarc, almost as if the fact that he had been tied up and gagged was less important than the fact that he had been absent from the yard for a few days. The girl walked up and began dusting off Ruarc's cloak, tutting about his lack of hygiene, or something. "We'll find your bag, too, or I can just buy you a new one, that would probably be easier," the 'princess' added, Nonchalantly, seemingly unaware of what the Bag and its contents meant.

It was at this point that Miyuki's Phone Rang. Surprised that she even got reception here, the girl pulled out the electronic communication device, flipped it open, and began speaking hurriedly with it. After a few seconds, her eyes went a bit cross-wayed and she wobbled for a bit, and then she began yelling, something that may have been curses, accusations, and/or questions. a hurried response, and she slammed the phone closed, and shoved it into her bag. She looked about to cry as she announced "H- Hana's been Kidnapped..."

TO BE CONTINUED