[Episode Zero] School Daze

Archives of Occultus Magica's beginnings, ten years prior to the current story.
Kokuten

Re: [Episode Zero] School Daze

Post by Kokuten »

What? That was unusual. When would someone ever get caught up in how their hair reflected in the sun-light? Why, that would have to be someone who was only used to the light of caves and dimly lit domiciles. It'd have to be permanently dark, too! Otherwise she wouldn't have noticed a thing like that. Perhaps she was from some cave.

Or perhaps some place like... the underworld?

A chill went up his spine at how reasonable that sounded within his mind, and his eyes widened for a moment. There was something that tore inside him, though. How come she didn't notice it until now--...

That's because she's Death you fool! She's here! Quit lying to yourself! That's her!

Percival began to feel very sick.

"Percival, you petulant pussy! Man up! Do something about this! You're starting to make me sick!" roared Aurus, ringing heavily within his mind as any voice inside a person's head would. He wondered if this was what it was like to have Schizophrenia... "Now!" No time for that, though. The rushed little boy felt very alone at the moment, despite the amount of people around him. He began to sweat just a bit, before simply going on with the conversation. "It's lovely isn't it? Your hair that is. With the sunlight and all." His voice was almost robotic with how he forced the words, but he tried to make it as natural as possible.
Mr. Blackbird Lore

Post by Mr. Blackbird Lore »

Emilia looked up, beaming. "Thank you!" She didn't receive compliments very often, and when she did they were always obligatory in nature. Percival's, on the other hand, seemed natural and it certainly wasn't required of him.

Only then, her distraction having lost its hold on her, did little Miss Venezia remember there had been questions made to her. "Oh, oh my! I'm sorry, I just..." She threw her hair over her shoulders, so that it wouldn't distract her. "I've been well, and..." She paused, recalling what all had been asked of her. "And my name is Emilia, and I don't need anything in particular. Just came for the company."
Kokuten

Post by Kokuten »

"Oh?" went Percival, a little surprised at that Death had a name. If she was death. That was still up in the air! It was the only thing keeping him from melting down. He tried to seem surprised to meet her, so he forced more words to spurt from his mouth. "My my! Your name is..." Think Think Think, "... just as lovely!" No! That's not what you're supposed to say to the Avatar of Death who tried to reap your soul last night. Now you're just asking for it!

No! No. Calm down Percy. You got this. She's here casually. Or at least... she says she's here casually. thought the young man before offering his hand for a shake with a carefully crafted smile so he didn't seem to offset by her existence.

"My name is Percival Caxton." said the young man, acting as welcoming as possible. Now. For the moment of truth... Just throw it out there. Casually. "We... met the other night, right?"
CadetNewb

Post by CadetNewb »

Duncan twiddled his fingers uneasily as he tried to eat, a large portion of his lunch still untouched. "W-well, I guess it's always nice to have some new company." The weak American boy suggested tentatively, noting the ironically lively conversation going on between Emilia and Percival. When the Mahou Shoujo glared at him however, he wilted in response. "I'm sorry Miyuki..." Duncan meekly replied, quickly turning his attention back to the food at hand.

'Right now, your options are limited. Do you tell them precisely what happened? Likely not.' Duncan thought. 'Do you have a solid lie ready to use? Another likely not. You could come up with a half assed one, but that would only prove you to be an idiot...' Miyuki could either keep her mouth shut like a good girl, or lie. If it was a bad lie, Duncan should have an easy time taking it apart and make her look like a fool in front of everyone. 'However, what were the chances that she'd be able to pull the rug out from under me?' he asked himself with a grin.

Waiting to see if something unexpected, even unpleasing, to happen was so exciting!
Mr. Blackbird Lore

Post by Mr. Blackbird Lore »

Emilia merely nodded at Duncan in an effort to hide her blush before turning back to Percy. "Yes we did!" Death's daughter was joyous to have been remembered, especially by someone who didn't consider it part of their job to know such things. "You nearly died twice I do believe, but here you are now and healthy as ever. Magic never ceases to fascinate me."
Kokuten

Post by Kokuten »

Percival stiffened considerably when she gave him that positive, glowing answer. Of course, she was being as friendly as one could be in her situation, especially with the accidental compliments he was giving her. Yet, it was almost lost on the young boy since he still remembered how it was to be so close to dying. He could still remember the utter chills that ran down his spine constantly as the concept had finally sunk in, digging deep into his mind. Her presence was slightly unsettling, but her good nature thus far was helping considerably. Until...
"You nearly died twice I do believe, but here you are now and healthy as ever. Magic never ceases to fascinate me."
Though they were spoken normally for every other ear to hear, those words hit the back of Percival's head like a steel mallet. Almost immediately, his fear of Death pushed aside, he thrust his hand over Emilia's mouth and looked in Hana's and Hisoka's direction. Not only were they sitting right there, but there was never the complete guarantee that any other nonmags weren't listening!

"Indeed!" said Percy with a forced grin on his face, patting Emilia on the should as he still tried to muffle her. "It was a very fun evening! That magician and his street performance! I almost died twice in surprise!" Percival laughed a little too quaintly.
Straken

Post by Straken »

Ruarc stood awkwardly in place as he didn’t know what to say next. His attempt, if it could be called that, at getting into the table conversation had flopped pretty successfully. Thankfully for the Irishman the others around had begun an energetic conversation that allowed him to quiet down and regroup. He crossed his arms and took a passive stance as he waited and listened to what was being said.

Patiently he stood off to the side of the table looking around at the group that was already there and those who had walked over like he had. Ruarc recognized those who had helped fight the skeleton the other night, and he recalled the faces of Miyuki’s friends, the smart know-it-all and the girl who was scared of him for some reason, from the first day of school.

As the conversation between Percy and Emilia went on, Ruarc debated whether or not to just silently turn and walk away. Grudgingly he settled for staying, but concluded that this was a situation that he should just stand off to the side and try to be as unassuming as a six foot three inch tall Irishman could be when in a Japanese high school.
Kai
Site Admin

Post by Kai »

When Emilia blabbed something about nearly Dying twice and Percy covered her mouth- Miyuki immediately realized that Hisoka and Hana needed to get out of here. They didn't know anything about magic, and after that battle, the last thing Miyuki wanted was to get her two best friends involved in something so dangerous.

"H-Hey, Hana-chan, Hisoka-kun, why don't we head early to class? You wanted to make sure we got the best assignments, right, Hisoka?" She suggested, sounding somewhat flustered. She shoved her things into her bag and then grabbed her two friends, dragging them away before they could protest or even question anything. Miyuki would obviously have to deal with all this later, when her friends weren't around.

While Ruarc stood dumbfounded listening to the group, a pair of feet strode purposefully up behind him. Once they clicked to a stop, a voice emanated from the mouth of their owner.
"Hey, Mister Ireland! You had enough time to think about my offer?" Raiko questioned, somewhat loudly, from behind Ruarc. "I'm ready to get an answer, so I hope you're ready to give one." The girl toyed with her hair, pushing some of it behind her shoulder aimlessly, picking a strand or two off of her white uniform.
Straken

Post by Straken »

Ruarc had been scanning the table until his name had been called. Oddly enough he was almost thankful that Raiko had come to talk to him as it broke the awkward silence he was shrouded in.

“Well, Miss Raiko, as a matter o’ fact Ah do ‘ave an answer for ya,” Ruarc said as turned to the girl and gave her a stern look. He held this pose for a few moments before uncrossing his arms and stretching out his left arm, and held it there. After a few more moments passed the Irishman snapped his fingers which then shifted to giving a thumbs up.

“Ah’ll take ya up on yur offer. When do Ah start work?” Ruarc said as he gave a confident smile to go along with his thumbs up.
Kai
Site Admin

Post by Kai »

"Meet me this afternoon after school, and we'll be able to discuss it better," she responded, handing him a folded sheet of paper "Here's my address, just show up and ring the bell and i'll let you in, allright?" Raiko looked around at those whom were gathered, surveying them with an impartial eye, before looking back at Raiko. "Also, make sure you aren't dressed like a homeless person, or wearing this-" she grabbed his uniform- " it'll look tacky."