[Episode Zero] School Daze

Archives of Occultus Magica's beginnings, ten years prior to the current story.
Kokuten

Re: [Episode Zero] School Daze

Post by Kokuten »

Percy rubbed his cheek with his thumb at that. It seemed Aurus may have been a little more spot on than he thought. Raiko was even a bit of a mystery to Laoise herself, and she actually had known the girl a little longer than them. It was a bit to take in, seeing as how they were all stepping into a situation they lacked any true information for. With that, he only had one more question to pose, since he didn't feel inclined into dig into Laoise's more personal views. "So, do you still what that bread?"
Straken

Post by Straken »

"Bread? You want to feed me bread crumbs? Do I look like a common waterfowl to you? I should think not," Laoise started to object before quieting down a bit. "I appreciate the sentiment, boy, but I can eat plenty once I have Ruarc back. Now if you please, I would like to see if we can be underway."
Kai
Site Admin

Post by Kai »

Meanwhile....

"Percy sure is taking a while..." Miyuki muttered, looking somewhat bored as a few minutes had passed.
"You're right, Kagami-san." Raiko answered, tapping her foot impatiently. She looked at the clock for a moment, before making up her mind. "Time is of the essence, so Let's get going now, before Ruarc gets even more kidnapped or something." And with that, the girl gestured them out of the room, and down the hallway, toward the exit.
Kokuten

Post by Kokuten »

"Then we'll get moving." Percy nodded at that, the green, viney energies dissipating with Unity's forceful fading out of existence. The young boy lifted the dove up some so he wasn't looking down at her to speak, and made his way out of the classroom in time to see the others moving along. They were going to leave without him! "H-hey! Wait for me!" said Percival, taking up a jogging pace after them while trying not to jostle the bird.
CadetNewb

Post by CadetNewb »

Duncan nervously glanced at his watch; it was not too long after school had ended. Which meant, way, way too many hours until nightfall, when the 'curse' wore off and he could be himself again. 'I'll have to find a clever loophole to my own damned curse at this rate...' he thought to himself. Still, they were finally moving at last, but that didn't mean they were going quickly. 'Hurry up fat ass!' Percy was taking his sweet time catching up, and he wouldn't be surprised at all if the others detected the use of that magic either. And if they could feel it, who else could? After all, this school had to have had others with magical abilities, especially considering the incident.

'Dumbass. Could have talked to the broad later.'
Luca

Post by Luca »

"Hmmh, now that you mention it," Miller agreed with Miyuki, "We should get a move on," However, his agreement was a couple of moments after the rest had left, and he ended up following them from behind, "Listen, I'm still going to need those permission slips if you're going to use my car," He then let out a sigh, "Oblique as it is, it's school protocol. I'll end up in hot water if I ignore it."

However, something in the back of his head was telling him to ignore protocol for the sake of what's right, and he blinked and adjusted his glasses before continuing on to his car, a red rental Sedan, Toyota, a few years old but otherwise in good shape.
Whilst considering the previous point, Miller considered something else 'Time was of the essence', quoth Miyuki, and she was right, "Actually, we can that paperwork signed later," He pressed the keyless entry, making the car unlock, and got into the driver's seat and coaxed the engine to life. It didn't sound impressive, but it was still transportation that was faster than walking by any stretch.
Kai
Site Admin

Post by Kai »

As Miller opened his car up, another arrived, this one, a large black sedan that was definitely American in origin, and probably a Cadillac, though it seemed to be at least ten years old if not more, and was customized so the exact make could not be discerned. The windows were heavily tinted, and the front plate had 'Kokoro' stamped onto it. It was obviously Raiko's family's car.
"Alright! Girls, get in with me, Guys, go with Miller-Sensei. Comb the town for any signs of Ruarc, and if you find anything, then tell me!"
With that, she opened the passenger front door, and sat down in her car. Kiki opened the rear door, and she was followed in by Ginga, then, a moment later, Miyuki followed as well after a bit of hesitation.

The search took hours, and it was well into dusk by the time they had discovered anything. Percy, by some stroke of luck, had spotted some of Ruarc's runes in a shop window, having recognized the style from when he'd had them used as healing magic upon himself. After a few calls, the entire group had gathered at the shop, and entered in. After Raiko 'smooth talked' the shopkeeper into letting them into the back room (it was more an elegant form of bullying, but even Duncan would be impressed by her negotiating skills), they were able to locate a trapdoor that reached into a basement. Kiki and Ginga were left in the store to make sure that nobody locked them inside, and the rest of the group headed off into the depths of the store.

The basement led into a stone-lined corridor lit with torches of some kind, and went quite a ways, passing by barred-off sewer tunnels every once in a while. After what seemed like another hour of walking, Percy had tripped when his foot stepped onto a stone that acted as a button, opening a secret door in the wall. Inside, was a neatly tied, bound, and gagged Ruarc, whom appeared to be conscious, but not in very good shape. There was some evidence that he had been taken care of, but the fact that he was bound to a chair assured that it wasn't first-class accommodations.

"What in the world?" Miyuki muttered, as she looked in on this scene. She wasn't entirely sure what to make of it, but something didn't seem too good with what had happened. Why would someone have kidnapped Ruarc and put him here?

"Who wants to untie him?" Raiko suddenly asked, looking for a volunteer.
CadetNewb

Post by CadetNewb »

As a large black sedan with ominously tinted windows and unrecognizable make pulled up beside them, Duncan was automatically on guard. But how to convey his worry to the others? He thought carefully, and before he could do anything though, he noticed the 'Kokoro' plate; it was her family's car. For the frail looking American boy, the expression on his face could only be described as dumbfounded. "U-ummm, Rai-Hime...w-why does your family car look like a child kidnapper's?" He paused, considering his words before adding on, "W-well, at least in America it would..." Deep down inside though, he wanted to burst out laughing; it was things like this that made him love Japan! So many details, big and small were different. Still, he kept himself from chortling, after all, he wasn't impulsive like these dolts. No, not at all. After all, the hunt was about to begin.

And, without much fanfare, seemingly came to an end. Yes, they searched for hours. Yes, Rai-Hime had a respectable level of fear inducing skill. Yes, the store had a secret passage way that lead underground and required an hour's worth of walking to reach the end. But what pissed Duncan off the most was something else entirely though. Ruarc was just sitting there. Bound and gagged. Too easy. He mentally sighed. 'It was obvious from the get go that this is a set up. And the most annoying part, is that we had no choice but to file right into it. Now I guess we gotta wait for whoever it is to make their move. If we're lucky, this area isn't warded or something.' He licked his lips. 'No, that's not the most annoying part. The most annoying part was that these idiots didn't realize this sooner themselves! I mean, I can't exactly point it out myself since I'm supposed to be the weakling right now, but what about them and their brains? Their magic? Even a normal person would find this suspicious like the Yeti handing out lemon flavored snowcones.' Duncan decided he'd have to settle for the next best thing to shouting out 'ITS A TRAP!'

"Uh, guys, do you think this, umm, too easy?" he asked, nervously looking about.
Kokuten

Post by Kokuten »

"I'll help him." said Percy, stepping forward first, after giving his stunted toe a rub. The Welshman walked over into the small space Ruarc was bound. It seemed he had little reserve into questioning whether or not to help his island brother.

"You idiot! Were you not listening to the shark-toothed boy's warning!?" snapped Aurus, causing Percy to pause for a moment.

"Father tells me that nothing can be pushed without risk. Nothing comes from being too safe." responded the boy, continuing to reach for the Irishman's restraints.

"That's because your father is an idiot, too! Just because he is an older idiot does not make him wise!" growled the fire god, which struck a tight nerve on the boy's psyche, which made him try to shut out whatever else the god had to say. "Percival!" Nothing. "You god damned idiot! There's no magic powerful enough to save you from stupidity!"
Luca

Post by Luca »

Mr. Miller blinked upon seeing the Kokoro family SUV pull up next to his dinky little rental, he tilted his head and crossed his arms, but had no choice to accept all of the help he could get, "You heard her, let's get going. Duncan, ride shotgun and keep an eye on our left, Percival, keep an eye on our right."

-

Miller had relief on his face after finding Ruarc alive and in a workable state and travelling for so long, however, the American had a point.
"Duncan's right, something seems fishy," He then looked the way he came and inspected it from a distance. The amount of isolation from society, nooks, crannies and other directions could spell all sorts of disaster. What if some of those bars leading towards the sewer tunnels were false, allowing for easy access for someone who knew? Someone such as an ambusher?

"I have the feeling our rescue is only just beginning," He cracked his knuckles as a stern frown crept across his face, "We need to get back to Kiki and Ginga once Ruarc is untied, quickly."