[Episode 5] The Warrior, The Wolf, and the Way Back Home

Archives of Occultus Magica's beginnings, ten years prior to the current story.
Straken

[Episode 5] The Warrior, The Wolf, and the Way Back Home

Post by Straken »

Episode 5 Part 1
The Warrior and the Wayshrine

Coming Soon: Part 2 - The Warrior and the Wolf
Coming Soon: Part 3 - The Warrior and the Way Back Home

"Alright!" Ruarc exclaimed as he punched his left fist into the palm of right hand. Looking around him the Irishman smiled as it looked like the butler had just finished loading the last of the luggage for the group after picking up the last guest, Miyuki. With everyone packed into the spacious back of the Kokoro family limo, Ruarc was set and excited to get this trip underway, and he was anxious to see everyone's reaction the the work he had put in to making sure they all had an enjoyable weekend. Climbing into the limo himself, he took a seat and looked around at Miyuki, Percy, Riley, the Leetenbaum siblings Coco and Duncan, Mr. Miller who was sitting in the front seat, Ms. Adrienne, and Sakura who had shown up for the trip; and of course the ever-silent butler who was driving. Grinning, Ruarc relaxed back in to the comfortable seat as he settled in for the drive which would take around two hours.

"So, I suppose you are wondering why I gathered you all here?" Ruarc said from his centralized seat as he lifted one leg to rest on another. His face was completely straight and he felt no shame in making his bad reference. Chuckling lightly to himself, he settled back again. "Hehe, sor'y 'bout tha'. On tha' note though is Ah never really gave to many details about the trip beyond us visiting Raiko's family's vacation home. So, s'pose if ya lot have any questions, jus' let me know?"
Luca

Re: [Episode 5] The Warrior, The Wolf, and the Way Back Home

Post by Luca »

It'd been a while, but Mr. Miller had been training. His average frame had started to fill out a little more as the months went on, training under the tutelage of Adrienne DuMonde. He was invited to share a holiday with the mages as a chaperone with Adrienne. Miller had packed all the essentials for his trip: A couple of changes of clothing, some bathing clothes, good books, his chainmail armour and his sword, its gigantic wooden sheath, the oils needed to keep the weapons and armour from rusting and a waster sword. That sort of thing couldn't be avoided, and you had to take pride and care of your weapons if you were a knight after all.

Sat in the front seat of the limousine, he kept the window rolled down and turned around to face the others. His face was now clean shaven with short, trimmed sideburns and without eyeglasses. "As a matter of fact I am wondering why I was called here, but coincidentally I am on leave," he was finding that more and more small coincidences were cropping up in his favour and nudging him into taking action. The other day he had, by mistake, walked into a wannabe Satanic cult in the park as he was walking home from grocery shopping. They weren't even doing the rituals right at all and were just making a nasty smell, and they were outside of class too. They all got a clip on the ear and detention. "The head office said I should take some time off to let the substitute teacher get their legs."

Perhaps the reason why he was given the front seat was his now wider stature since he'd been gaining muscle mass, making the limousine a cramped ride for someone of his newfound stature. The butler beside him was an exceptional driver, providing a smooth ride, but something about the proximity of the butler, however pleasant their quiet company - was slowly subverting his calm at a subconscious level he was unable to put into words. "Pardon me sir, what is your name?" He asked the Butler quietly.
Straken

Post by Straken »

"Ah am glad'jya asked, Miller," Ruarc said as he briskly changed his posture to a more relaxed one. "Ah asked the lot of ya 'ere cause Ah wanted to give ya a chance ta unwind, relax, an' all'n'all just have a well deserved vacation." The Irishman's tone was rather chipper as his smile persisted, but then under his breath he continued. "An' because when Ah suggested a vacation to Raiko she insisted on bringing others..."

Craning his neck slightly to peer outside the window at the passing cityscape, Ruarc chuckled lightly as Miller began an attempt at something he himself had not been able to accomplish; getting an answer from the ever-silent butler. He anticipated Miller being met with the butler's typical response to questioning. Looking around the limo at his other guests he hoped the ride would not be to tough for them. There were plenty of snack and drinks, and the would all find, Miller included, that the limousine seemed to always have enough space for them to sit in perfect comfort; how it managed this Ruarc was still finding out.

"So yeah, settle in, get comfortable, maybe grab a drink," Ruarc announced, seeming to really get into his role as event organizer. On reflex, Ruarc looked to his shoulder the gauge Laoise's reaction before remembering that the dove had gone with Raiko earlier in the week to help the shrine maiden get things ready, and so she would already be there to greet them. "We're lookin at abouta two hour drive, and believe me when Ah say tha' the scenery along the way is breathtaking."
Kalshion

Post by Kalshion »

Sakura had spent some time training as well, trying to hone her skills and improve upon the glyphs and runes that she could make and mold into whatever she desired. When word had reached her ears about this vacation, she had chosen to tag along so that she could get away from her very abusive father and also so she could get out of town... after all, the last time she'd been anywhere was before she'd come to Osaka! She had originally planned to hide away, maybe in the trunk, or ride on the hood with hopes that no one would get suspicious... but instead she had just arrived at the location and before she had time to really do anything she was inside the limo.

She was wearing her regular sailor-like outfit, not the one she wore when she was causing mischief although she had put that in her little bag that she had brought along with her. She was sporting several new bruises and a few band aids on her face, like she had roughhousing and gotten herself hurt a bit. When she'd gotten into the limo, she had looked around the insides for a bit - having never been in one before - but that curiosity didn't last long, she hadn't had much sleep these past few days and had chosen to take a tiny nap.. but instead of just laying down somewhere free her head had found a nice, comfy, lap to land on - namely Rileys - she quickly passed out and was now napping peacefully. Her little hat hung by just a few fingers from the floor.
CadetNewb

Post by CadetNewb »

"Everyone."

Duncan curtly greeted them all matter-of-factly, nodding once. Even during vacation, it seemed there was always something to find frustrating about Duncan. For as long as they all knew him, it was one thing or another - he always found a away to crawl underneath their skins. Fortunately however...A Wild Coco Appeared! Like her older brother however, she was wearing some jeans, a simple shirt and comfy shoes, but the similarities ended there. Where she was wearing a pink shirt and wore her favorite Breakfast Bears Breakfast Bar Backpack with a smile, Duncan wore a black shirt and red flannel over it with a frown. Looking at him though, with his left leg and right arm in casts, that was perhaps to be expected.

"Hiiiii!!!!~~~~~<3!" Coco loudly greeted them all, making up for her older brother. "I'm so excited! This is just like our old field trips!" she excitedly added, Duncan turning away as she said that. When it came time to get into the Limo however, the little girl was ecstatic . "Look at that Duncan, it's a limo!" He couldn't help but raise an eyebrow then.

"A limo? We've got several of those," the Rich American Boy flatly pointed out to his little sister, annoyed and a little confused at her excitement.

"But Duncaaaaaaan! it's someone else's limo!" Coco countered, hopping up and down on the balls of her feet. Naturally, she leaped in as fast as she could - not even a suspiciously offered lolipop would have sped up the process. Duncan followed, shaking his head as he slowly climbed in - since he made sure to not hit his casts on anything, it was only natural that the American boy simultaneously held everyone else up. And before Coco could give everyone sweets and sugar and hyperglycemia - she definitely wanted to, that was for sure - Duncan spoke first.

"Really considerate of you, bringing us along Ruarc. So what's this going to be then? So this is just a little kickback in The Cabin In the Woods - nothing too special, right?" he asked with a smug smirk, leaning back into the cushioned seats.
Kokuten

Post by Kokuten »

"A little fresh air would quite nice after the last endeavor," stated Percival, staring outside the window of his parent's car.

"Are you sure you should be exerting yourself after your release from the hospital? You should still be rehabilitating," resonated Zulan in his mind.

"Everyone else is going. If I didn't go, that would just put sour taste in my mouth. Besides, Ruarc was rather insistent on getting some free-time."

"The Druid isn't to be trusted."

Ever since the fateful battle inside the Elementalia Magicus, the guardians had held the Irish boy in contempt. They had explained the kind of spell he had used inside the realm, the kind dark study it took to attain such a thing. "Anything he's learned, it's because of me, I gave him those texts. I'd ask you not to act so ill against the man that saved me."

"His dabblings will kill you. You should take caution to his ready kindness as such honey-traps fell anyone foolish enough to be taken by their scent. For all that is known, his characteristic simplicity could be duplicity in dark nature."

"You're done talking, Aurus," asserted Percival, his gaze darkening as he looked out of the window. The normally fiery god did not response, and left Percival with a strange stillness.

"Awuh," came the sound of a baby, taking the boy's attention from the passing scenery outside his window.

"Ah. You're excited, aren't you?"

----

Elizabeth had come to drop Percival off, though she still seemed a little uncomfortable at the notion. The elder mage seemed much more altogether since they last time they had met. Though, she still carried a bit of worry with her. She tried to advise him on being careful, but he just seemed sullen at that. Then she tried to brush off the shoulders of his jacket, but he just brushed her off instead. In frustration, she tried to give him a kiss on the cheek, but he managed to dodge that too. The now rather cold Percival, simply said his farewells and met with his friends, joining them in the car. His mother, unsatisfied, simply sat in the car and watched them drive away.

The boy himself had come dressed for formality and any sign of harsher weather. His beret was perfectly positioned on his head, and his jacket was carefully placed. That vest of his had a small chain coming out of the front pocket that disappeared under the lapel of the over-coat. His tie was a mixture of blue and silver patterns, and his shirt and slacks were pressed almost too perfectly. He was, quite clearly, the best dressed of all of them, despite his left sleeve tied in a knot at the shoulder.

That wasn't all. Besides Riley, there was one more in the limo that belonged to the Caxton party. She wore a hat that was poofy, and concealed the horns clearly poking underneath them. She had bright, piercing red eyes which belied the content expression shaded under a mess of blonde hair. Instead of blackened armor, she wore a little sundress, and little boots which kicked up and down in he excitement of it all. The child of Zulan and Aurus seemed content in Percival's lap, looking around at everyone else in curiosity.

"I hope you don't mind," spoke Percival on the child's behalf, "she quite taken with all of you, and she wouldn't let me leave without taking her along."

Feeling recognized the child began to excitedly move her arms. This continued until she stopped suddenly, and in a slow movement, reved into a sneeze.

"Phchew!" sounded off the young diety, heated steam followed by a small flame spitting out of her mouth, and cold steam shooting from her nose. Hastily, Percy reached into his vest pocket and pulled out a handkerchief to wipe the little sneezer's nose. Though just as the boy pulled away the kerchief, the girl turned her head and sneezed on Duncan, icing up one part of his shirt, and spitting a little fire on another.

"A-ah! Sorry!" quickly apologized Percival, careful wiping the child's nose again, who, in return, carefully sat up so that her nose could be wiped.
Kai
Site Admin

Post by Kai »

it had, of course, been altogether too long since Miyuki had had a proper vacation. The girl, who had just had her birthday a few weeks before, was rather excited to be going once more to the hot springs Raiko's family owned. While she had been there years before, it had been on a very busy weekend, and the resort had been full of people, and not all that relaxing, though It had been fun for the ten-year-old Miyuki. This time, however, it would just be her, her friends, and a few trusted adults as Chaperones, and they would be able to relax in their own privacy, which sounded more than pleasant to Miyuki. She had sat herself next to Percival, but, ever since they had come back from that last event, he had changed, once more, not just physically, but emotionally he seemed even more distant than previously, though he was still as kind and polite as ever. It was somewhat unnerving. However, the introduction of Zulan and Aurus' child into their group had become a welcome distraction, as the little fireball- literally sometimes, was incredibly adorable. And besides, How could Miyuki not laugh at her sneezing on Duncan? And laugh she did, Giggling at the sight as Percy politely tried to make up for the baby's social clumsiness. Miyuki giggled quietly, attempting, but not too hard, to hide the smile behind a raised hand.

Adrienne Dumonde Sat in the back of the Limo, her arms rested on the back of the seat and her legs crossed in front of her, wearing something a bit more comfortable than she normally did as a teacher, and certainly something more appropriate for a vacation. she had on a traditional white sundress, despite it being winter, although to be fair she did have a jacket over the top of it, and some white thermal tights underneath to keep her warm regardless. She smiled happily, seeing all the young mages, most of whom were her students, in varying states of excitement; from none at all for the sleeping Sakura, all the way up to the ever-so-chipper Coco; and figured that this would indeed be quite a nice change from everything else that had been going on lately.

In the front of the Limo, the odd butler simply drove on, not taking his gaze off the road. Perhaps he was deaf, or perhaps he was just very good at ignoring. In any case, Miller got no response.
Gwathdraug

Post by Gwathdraug »

Riley looked down at where there had once just been the pair of tiger-striped shorts she had donned that morning and there was now another person's head nestling into her clothes. Reaching into the inside of the short sleeved windbreaker she was wearing the stage magician pulled out a pair of gloves and tugged them on. Once her hands were covered by the completely normal articles of clothing Riley began to poke her finger in the space just over Sakura's skin – making very discrete use of her magic to draw green squiggles and a mustache on the archer's face.

Waving at everyone as all a ruckus was made Riley payed special attention to Percy as he came in. “She didn't get a gander at me did she Percy? I were supposed to be in a skirt if I was going out today, but I technically went out while it was still yesterday – not that yer marm would see it that way anyhow.” Riley kept her voice uncharacteristically low as she spoke; the young magician during her best to avoid the disapproval of Elizabeth Caxton. Frowning Riley snapped her fingers and sent a targeted illusion at Percival alone that had a ghost Riley skirting around everyone to give him a small, one-armed hug before it disappeared. “Sorry ta' run off on yah though – I wouldn'a done it but ever since we gave her that big scare she's gotten riled up like a bunch of baby badgers's mum would.” Riley broke eye contact with Percy and looked down as she doodled a pair of glasses around Sakura's eyes. “ 's more worryin' than I'm used ta'.”
CadetNewb

Post by CadetNewb »

"Whaaaaa! Everything's on fire!" Coco cried out in a panic, waving her childly little arms around as her brother was simultaneously frozen and burned.

For Duncan, time seemed to slow down as he watched in horror. Watched in horror as the cute baby sneezed. Oh, he knew all about that baby. Coco loved to talk - and cry about being embarrassed - after all. But, he knew what was happening. The raw power that this little baby held. And that this was heading right his way. At first, he was frozen, a look of absolute horror as the ice slowly spread and fire burned his vacation clothes. But, it all became clear! It was what he had to do! Leaping into action, he yelled, "Don't worry guys, I got this!" he yelled, arms out as though to calm everyone. With a flourish, the American ripped off his shirt, striking a pose inside the limo! "Behold, the Shirt-Ripping technique passed down through generations of the Leetenbaum family!" he crowed with all the fury and ham he could muster, flexing his muscles.

And then, without further ado, plopped his backpack in front of himself before opening it up, and diving in headfirst. Vanishing into its interior.

A brief moment of rustling, and he quickly climbed back out, dressed in the clothing of a 1920's Gangster - not the overglamorous Holleywood getup, but as close to the real thing as possible. Stylish. Practical. Fedora. Tossing his black suit jacket onto the seat, he calmly relaxed in his chair, leisurely running his thumb underneath one of his suspenders. With a "Phew," of relief, Coco helpfully reached into the backpack again to grab something.

A pair of sunglasses that Duncan smugly donned.
Kokuten

Post by Kokuten »

"You yanks sure enjoy looking like the bad guys," said Percival derisively at Duncan's choice of clothing, though the tone wasn't quite so overt. The child in his lap, was clapping her hands merrily and enjoying the show rather guiltlessly, despite being the reason for the whole uproar. She began to shift her legs, and planted them into Percy's knees, and began to stand. Then, without much thought, she jumped forward, mimicking Duncan's stunt and attempting to make a face first land into the floor. She was stopped rather suddenly by the boy holding her, and that caused her to shoot a hurt gaze up at Percy. Her lips curled and quivered, as she began to realize she wasn't going to get to do a Duncan jump, which caused her to outright cry. The jaded Percival, just turned the little girl around, and brought her in close so she could cry until something else would distract her.

As she settled down, Percy cut his attention to Riley. He had taken her hug rather coldly before, perhaps because he was distracted, he didn't know himself. The boy didn't have another arm to direct and gesture at the girl, and the thought just frustrated him ever so quietly. That frustrated look seemed like contempt her direction, but he meant little by it.

"That was how she was with me my whole life up until recently, you'll get used to it eventually," said the boy dryly, before casting a look behind himself at the trunk of the car, "Besides, Mum already replaced all your trousers with skirts. All your overalls are in the cleaners, too. She put some sun-dresses in instead."