[Episode 5] The Warrior, The Wolf, and the Way Back Home

Archives of Occultus Magica's beginnings, ten years prior to the current story.
Kai
Site Admin

Re: [Episode 5] The Warrior, The Wolf, and the Way Back Home

Post by Kai »

Adrienne curtseyed at the dove's Human form, smiling at her. "Ah, how wonderful of you to join us. It's always fun to get familiar with a Familiar," the Frenchwoman quipped.

Miyuki was surprised that this new girl was actually Ruarc's bird, and she blinked a few times trying to comprehend it. obviously, this was some sort of magical effect, but, it was still very intriguing, as the Japanese girl had never seen something like this happen before. "So, wait, you're a human now?" she asked, rhetorically, as it seemed sort of obvious.

Inside, Ruarc found Raiko quite easily, done up quite nicely in a more casual Kimono than usual, one made of softer materials that seemed more conducive to relaxing. as she heard the young man step inside, she paused what she was doing, turning around and smiling at him, putting down what she was holding and walking over to him. "I'm so glad you guys are finally here! As nice as Laoise is, she does talk quite a lot." Raiko approached the Irishman and gave him a warm embrace, kissing him on the cheek in greeting. "Shall we lead them in, or do you think they can find their own way inside?' she asked.
Kokuten

Post by Kokuten »

Percival felt he should have expected that, now he was left mildly embarrassed that he had introduced himself. Tegwyn seemed less red in the face, though, and continued to wave at Laoise. The small child carried a warm smile on her face at meeting someone new, urging Percy to get closer. Rather than risking the tears of an angry child, the boy stepped a bit closer, and he almost didn't catch the girl as she almost warbled off his shoulder to grab a lock of white-hair. Her fingers almost grasped a strand before Percy managed to stop her with his one hand. Tegwyn, frustrated, waddled and attempted to escape the boy's grasp, but instead found herself hooked and cradled his arm.

"Sorry, she's just a little too excitable," grumbled Percy, feeling like he was having to watch two Rileys at once. "It seems you're a dove only in spirit now. "

He had to struggle a bit to keep Tegwyn contained, but he continued a polite conversation none-the-less. "Yet, I'd always assumed familiars took the most convenient form for their masters. You can't exactly perch on Ruarc's shoulder like this."
CadetNewb

Post by CadetNewb »

Everybody liked babies. If they didn't like babies, chances were, they were evil.

For most of the time, Duncan and Coco's attention was on Tegwyn because of this, only giving a brief wave of greeting to the new girl. It was only when Percy was talking to her, and Tegwyn took interest in the girl herself, that the two started paying more attention. It made them both stop, freeze, and break down in disbelief. For Duncan. He simply stood there, eyebrows twitching as his mind went into overdrive. Coco initially stood there as well, the bottom of her backpack falling out as a carload of clothing, toys, candy and guns scattered across the ground. The pack opening up like a massive maw to gobble it all back up, Coco leaped to life! "Wow - wow - wow!" the little girl exclaimed, hands excitedly wrapped into fists as a glint appeared in her eyes. "You're a person now! With hair and clothing and everything!"

Hopping over, she leaned in. "Laoise, Laoise! Were you naked when you first turned into a person?," she asked, hair bobbing up and down as she began to bombard the familiar with pure random. "Oh! But wait! You were a pretty bird before you were a pretty girl - that's so weird jumping from one to another! Are you using some sort of golem?" Coco pressed, the little girl's mind bouncing about thinking of the possibilities. "Are you inside the head, like, piloting it Laoise?" she asked, standing up on her tippy-toes to try and look into and through the white-haired familiar's eyes as though they were the glass of a cockpit!

Meanwhile, Duncan stood back, watching Laoise with a hard stare.
Straken

Post by Straken »

Inside, Ruarc returned Raiko's warm embrace and a kiss of his own on her forehead before looking around the entryway of the inn. It was refreshingly Japanese as opposed to the Western style accommodations back at Raiko's manor home, a trait that seemed to only accentuate the appeal of Raiko in her kimono; and he supposed Laoise as well seeing as how she seemed to fit the atmosphere outside, barring her European appearance of course. Leaving the loving hug, Ruarc moved so that he was standing next to Raiko with an arm across her shoulders as he looked back to the entrance. "An's goot ta be 'ere, love," Ruarc chimed, his excitement bringing out his accent that he had been getting better at hiding. "An' don'chyu worry to much 'bout Laoise, she's jus' makin' up for only 'aving me ta talk to for the past three years."

Looking hard at the sliding door in front of him, Ruarc could hear Laoise boast, and he could feel her pride getting a solid padding as she became the center of attention at the moment. Smiling broadly despite himself, he did feel happy for his familiar, and this opened up many new doors for her to live a somewhat independent life as opposed to relying of him all the time. "Nah, they're a smart group, an' Laoise can always show 'em in once she has had her fill of flaunting her new plumage," the Irishman responded to the shrine maiden and accompanied it by squeezing her shoulder slightly. That said, he did not waste time giving her a mental nudge in the right direction. "Laoise, a good hostess does not let her guests dally on the doorstep for too long. They are probably tired remember? There will be plenty more time for socializing, so don't worry."

Back outside, the kimono-clad Laoise truly was basking in the curious attention she was receiving, although it was with a dignified air that she maintain proper composure and did not let her pride show through beyond the cheerfully bright smile she returned to the others. Though with so much more attention than she was used to she had to consider for a moment how to proceed. "Heh, some yes and some no, Coco. No, I am not using a golem. No I am not piloting a human body suit. And..." Laoise began replying to Coco before her voice dropped in volume and her cheeks blushed a bit as she remembered the awkward moment when she first changed and she had not given Ruarc enough time to leave the room. "Yes, I was naked..."

Shaking her head from side to side to dismiss the memory, Laoise decided that the baby Tegwyn would help her focus. Moving her face close to the adorable infant's, Laoise nuzzled her dainty nose lightly between the child's eyes. Then grabbing a small lock of her glistening hair she bobbed the end of the strands in front of the child before moving on to answer the other pressing question. "My appearance is all thanks to a magic pendant I received as a gift, and, while I can no longer perch on Ruarc's shoulder easily..." Laoise said, her slight pause possibly implying that she had attempted this feat once before at least. "This form does come with its own benefits. Besides, I am still more convenient than Grandpa Flynn's brown bear."

Her laughter trailed off as she could hear Ruarc speaking to her mentally, and after some grumbling in acknowledgement she straightened herself once more. "Ahem, anyway, seeing I would not want you all to spend your trip here on the stoop, please come inside," Laoise said as she beckoned the others to the door in a tone that wanted it to seem that it was because of her own graciousness. Now as well, some of the more perceptive members of the group, or just the Japanese ones, would probably note how eloquent and fluidly Laoise is able to speak Japanese; a far cry from Ruarc's progress with the language. "Oh, and Percy, would you like me to hold Tegwyn while you get comfortable inside?"

Out of the corner of her eye, Laoise noticed Duncan being rather rude and staring at her. "Some manners are going to be expected of you, Duncan. And staring is far from mannered."
Kokuten

Post by Kokuten »

"Auh!" jumped Tegwyn, finally getting something she wanted for once. The newly found deity seemed hopeful to get away from her restrictive and very uncool/fun guardian. Percival, on the other hand, seemed less confident in handing over the child Laoise. Even as the child curled over his arms to reach her, he kept a firm hold to her. This made for a rather uncomfortable moment of staring, especially as the toddler was beginning to realize the resistance.

"It's okay, Percy. You can let her go, Doves are benign creatures by nature," answered a familiar, comforting voice.

"You hand my daughter to that bird," smoldered another voice, "and I will roast you from the inside out."

"It's just Laoise, she's been our friend for months!"

"Yeah, well I've never seen her before!"

"That is because the Lady Tulan has only recently joined us! You are still to be introduced the camaraderie that Master Caxton inspires!"

"Oh, that sounds impressive!"

"It isn't."

"Oh, that sounds disappointing."

"ー( ´ ▽ ` )ノ"

"Lady Modeka! Your intrepid confidence in Master Caxton is inspiring!"

"Then, I look forward to it!"

"Not much to look forward to on that account."

"Especially if this whelp hands my daughter over, he'll have to impress with one less arm!"

"AURUS! WHAT ARE YOU SAYING!? I should strike you!"

"I wish you would, with what little gumption your motherly nature has left you!"

The Guardians in his mind began to argue and discuss loudly, and it was causing Percival to sweat. Tegwyn began to whine as well, adding to the stress of the young boy. Laoise could see the hollowing stare in his eyes, and likely tell his struggles were becoming largely internal. He almost opened his mouth to speak, before the domestic dispute and discussion turned into an all-out brawl, sending his brain into a tizzy.

"(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻"

In a single moment, all the violence and discussion stopped.

"ヽ(-`Д´-)ノ --- o(-`д´- ) --- (#`д´)ノ"

"Sorry."

After a few moments of silence, Percival gently handed over Tegwyn, the small deity satisfied with the final arrangement. Almost as soon as the baby entered her hands, Laoise had her hair snagged by the handfuls, Tegwyn's true intentions were revealed, and she quickly took to enjoying her new position with pulling and tugging. Percival on the other hand, seemed much relieved now, having shed the now absent worries. Not to mention, he got to rest his arm.
Kai
Site Admin

Post by Kai »

"Ah, yes, inside, don't mind if I do!" replied Miyuki, pausing for Percy's internal struggle before the boy handed Tegwyn over to Laoise. She blinked a moment, and nearly said something, but thought better of it, and took Percy's hand. "Let's head inside. It's quite beautiful inside, if I remember correctly." Whether or not Percy was satisfied with a dove-turned-human handling the infant deity, Miyuki decided she was, and ushered the Welshboy toward the doors, as advised by Laoise.

Adrienne remained near the back of the group, smirking at the different reactions and all the little dramas that happened within the group of young mages. The Frenchwoman tapped Miller on the shoulder and pointed him toward the doors. "Shall we? While we're officially here as chaperones, it is a vacation for us as well. It won't hurt to get started."

Raiko grinned at Ruarc- it was good to see him in such a mood, and enjoying himself in spite of, and because of, all the work he had put into planning the trip. all she had provided was a venue and transportation, everything else had been the Irishman's doing. "This is all going so well," she commented, returning Ruarc's squeeze with one of her own.
Kokuten

Post by Kokuten »

Percival was in a bit of a daze as he was tugged about, Miyuki being her usual, demanding self. His legs moved on their own as his brain continued to process the inner workings of the gods in his head. Almost a year ago, when had first met Zulan and Aurus, just having two souls in his mind was enough. Now, he was up to seven, including Tegwyn, and they all had their own personalities, quirks, and needs. The ones who had been awake the longest were the ones who had learned to give him the most peace and quiet. Yet, there were others, like Tulan and Akanus who felt the need to pester him with trivial matters. Akanus was shaping his realm in the Elementalia Magicus, and would constantly flash him visions of the wondrous kingdom for advice from the 'king' he served. Tulan did no shaping but would interrupt him in the middle of the night to tell him how she had invented something that humans had already invented recently, and the Percival would console her when that fact was realized.

Though the most noticeable difference was how Aurus acted in the face of the other guardians. The ancient God of War had made a shift from simply berating Percival for the sake of it, to openly challenging him in the presence of the others. Percy was sure that this was because Aurus had come to accept him, but could not accept a lack of conflict, which was why he was vicious to everyone. Even to his own wife and mother-of-his-child, the Fire God spared no fury, refusing to get along or be cajoled into enjoying time with anyone.

"Ask her."

"Ask her what?" Was what Percy posed in return instead of asking whom.

"If the druid is to be trusted."

"Your suspicions are noticed, but not warranted," grumbled Percival, not enjoying the fact he was receiving this talk from another guardian as well.

"You're not going to relax, so there is no point in not attempting understand the situation. Black magicks stain your soul, not of your making. While Aurus takes his host to Zulan, I will investigate the matter. "

Percival could feel the energies swirling off his back, and tiny hands as an invisible miniature god rolled from his energies and climbed down to his feet to sneak about.

"Decanus!" growled Percival, turning his head away from the doorway, as he saw a small footprint hit the dirt and disappear. With no answer Percival kept shouting with his mind until he got one, but he never did. As he was drawn inside he looked at Miyuki, all-out annoyed that she had chosen to drag him in. He was momentarily angry with her and it showed on his face. The boy wanted to snatch his hand away so he could concentrate on other matters, but when he caught her face with his eyes, he stopped.

Kagami really was a beautiful girl, especially when she tried to look okay. She might have caught him staring, but that didn't bother him very much, the westerner he was. He could already realize that he'd be derailing the vacation if he attempted to spring an investigation into Ruarc. A little warmth took his chest, and he actually smiled a bit, squeezing her fingers. A little free to move now, he tugged her hand down to put her off balance, and kissed her on the cheek, right in the door-way, right in front of everyone. The immediate answer she'd get for that was a rather cheeky look and a even cheekier answer in Japanese which roughly translated into.

"Let's get along well, Girlfriend-san!"
Last edited by Kokuten on Tue Dec 08, 2020 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CadetNewb

Post by CadetNewb »

"Just thinking hard about something, that's all," Duncan remarked to Laoise without so much as an apology.

As he turned away, lost in thought, Coco was fawning over not only the Familiar turned Girl , but the Baby Goddess too. "He-he!" she giggled at Laoise's admission. "If an amulet and that is all it takes to be pretty Laoise, I'd - " Coco's face turned red all over as she froze, an episode of Sexy-Yet-Embarassing-Post-Traumatic-Flashbacks of what happened while within the Percy's realm of the Elementalia Magicus flashing before her eyes. " - do it too!" she went on, only briefly missing a beat! "Hey, hey, Teggy! Won't you become a pretty magical girl when you grow up too?" she asked the Baby Goddess. Turning her head away from them and towards the departing Percy to tease him about the new company of girls, she felt an ice spear ram itself through her chest.

'Miyuki. And Percy. Miyuki. And Percy...Percy. And Myuki. Percy. And Miyuki. They're together.'

She was glad that the other two couldn't see her expression. Turning back to them, she asked, "Hey, Laoise, could you show me around? You've been here for a little bit longer, right?" the little girl asked with a big, wide smile.

Meanwhile, Duncan sulked over to Ruarc, half lost in thought, and half here. "This is just a normal vacation, right? Not a guise for anything?" the American boy asked.
Luca

Post by Luca »

"Yes, lets," Miller replied to the Frenchwoman, rubbing his temples as he could hear Percival's Avatars arguing amongst themselves from afar, his bond with Aurus as a combat trainer letting him listen at a spiritual level. It almost sounded like a domestic disturbance in a crowded house - Miller thought back to his brief study of Greek Myth and wondered if the Welshman's mythos perhaps took a cue from them. A lot of myths had roots, especially towards the Indias and the Greek Myths were infamous for having some serious housecleaning issues. Though, the Welsh Pantheon of the Elementalia Magicus was a lot better behaved than Zeus or Hera.

"I wonder what this place has to offer?" the Knight asked the other Knight from a different cut of cloth. Both had similar duties when they were not being teachers, which coincidentally had similar duties in themselves. "Our hosts have been quite gracious."
Last edited by Luca on Thu Mar 13, 2014 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gwathdraug

Post by Gwathdraug »

Riley danced backwards as someone who didn't usually end up shouting at her was shouting her name. Spinning around the stage magician locked eyes with Sakura and, after blinking owlishly once, gave the other girl two thumbs up with her gloved hands.

“You don't like it in the green?”