[Episode 5] The Warrior, The Wolf, and the Way Back Home

Archives of Occultus Magica's beginnings, ten years prior to the current story.
Kalshion

Re: [Episode 5] The Warrior, The Wolf, and the Way Back Home

Post by Kalshion »

Hearing Coco talk about Idol's made Sakura think for a moment on an Idol she did have a love for, someone she often listened to on the TV or on her player back home whenever her father wasn't around. Giving off a mental sigh the girl placed both of her hands behind her head as she followed the group and listened to the singing being done. She was pondering what the group was going to be doing, were they going to be sitting around in a room? Going outside to play? She didn't quite know right now but for some reason she was getting an unsettling feeling, which caused her to stop for a moment and look up toward the ceiling - as if she was trying to find something that couldn't be seen... or maybe it just didn't 'want' to be seen.

Outside of the house, the Bat's wings flared briefly.
Kai
Site Admin

Post by Kai »

All of Miyuki's flustered nervousness seemed to begin to die down as Laoise began to sing her calming song. She suddenly realized where she was again and looked around at the accommodations, and noting they were as she remembered, except for a few touches here and there, as they had obviously needed to buy new sheets and whatnot over the years. "Oh, hey, I think I've stayed in this room before, or at least one just like it." she remarked, putting down her stuff and hurriedly getting to putting everything where it went, the faster to be ready for proper relaxation.

"You probably have. there's only so many rooms at this place, anyway," Raiko responded, her stuff already put away. "And just to help you all relax further, even if the guys do try to peek on us, well, there's certain protection in place to prevent that. Still, I would recommend wearing bathing suits out to the hot springs, you never know what determined mages might cook up!"
Kalshion

Post by Kalshion »

It had taken Sakura a bit to process what more Coco had been saying, the Idol part was what was initially processed but as the rest of those words flowed into her mind; something took over. The girl found herself getting annoyed at Coco, strangely though she hadn't felt that way earlier when in the car or perhaps that was because she just hadn't focused much on the girls constant chattiness, regardless, her hands were now stuffed into her pockets right now and she bore a rather annoyed expression.

"Geeeesz... do you ever shut up?" she finally said to Coco. "An idiot like you would never be able to take over the world, let alone take over a cardboard box," her eyes pierced through Coco, as if she could see through her and toward the walls that lay before them. "So, where are our rooms? I need a place to get away from the annoyance..."
CadetNewb

Post by CadetNewb »

A light came on in Coco's eyes.

"Noooope!" the little lich smartly replied with a smile. She then suddenly appeared right by Sakura's side when she looked away in annoyance, questing for a room. "But I gotta ask, what's doing down your pants? You're acting like a big meanie!" Coco pointed out. Placing her hands on the other girl's shoulders, she began again, "Oh! I know!" her face mischievously darkening, "Maybe you're really, really jealous, hmmmmmmmmmm?" the little girl teased her. "Would you like to? Just sign a contract with me, and you can become an Idol too!" Coco giggled with glee.

Meanwhile, Duncan was with the guys.

"Well, we got plenty of options!" he proudly declared. "Naturally, the bread and butter of this business is a variety of scrying spells. There's also the option to send in short-term familiars to do the work for us too!" the American boy explained. "But, what are you guys thinking hm? There's got to be a few tricks up both of your sleeves," he smiled at them both.
Kalshion

Post by Kalshion »

Sakura's head did a rather slow turn to meet Coco's face, with the young girl lifting up a hand that suddenly had a small fire burning in the palm of it. The fire swarmed with particles and these particles gave off a crackling sound everytime they collided. "Jealous? Nothing of the sort," the girls gaze darkened just as much as Coco's. "Although I wonder what would happen if this," she flicked her head toward the fire in her hand. "Was to suddenly meet that smug look of your face... hmmmm....?" her head cocked curiously to one side, a wicked smile began to take shape.

Outside, still perched on the branch, the Bat continued to watch as one of its wings was slowly making symbols in the air.
CadetNewb

Post by CadetNewb »

The situation was thus - an 11 year old girl was threatening an apparently 6 year old girl with a fireball.

"Well, I don't know Sakura - we're supposed to be relaxing and having fun," Coco replied to her, like one child reminding an unruly other that they were breaking rules. "Don't you like fun?" she asked, her expression going from worried to childlike curiosity. Eyes opening up to be as wide as saucers, she had an epiphany. Reaching out with a small hand, Coco tugged on the older girl's sleeve, "Hey don't you want to have fun with us Sakura? Don't tell me you're anti-fun!" she asked with a toothy child's smile. "We're going to go into an onsen and it's going to be like a pool, but all warm and steamy and maybe if we're lucky, it'll be bubbly too!"

As 6 year olds often were, Coco appeared oblivious.
Kokuten

Post by Kokuten »

"This place is teeming with passive magicks curling on the walls, the same way moss grows on stone," Percival described, one eye closed to meditate on the situation at hand. "The likelihood of barriers and wards are high, considering the nature of this place. For any of our methods to work, we need to run some kind of anti-magic." He shook his finger out, deciding on a method, "I suggest we use an alchemical mixing ritual to ensure an uninterrupted disruption of any barriers."

Percy leaned over to one side and grabbed a table, and tugged it towards the center of the room. "This should do it," He began tugging a small record keeper out of his front pocket with a tiny pen. He then drew a sigil circle. "The base ingredient of the circle should be a strong, conduit suited for purification; crushed silver, or leaves of a honored tree would work. Tonight's not supposed to be a full moon, so to compensate for the lack of a 'charged' day, we can use cinnabar resin in the center to hone more power into it. Finally, we'll need a magically-generated fire to activate the circle, and then a small amount of additional magic to charge the 'battery' of the spell."

The Alchemist, rather proud of his work, slapped his hand flatly onto the folded open notepad, "Once activated, it will generate an incense-like smoke that dispels or weakens curses, wards, runes, and other sigils by dampening what mana has been charged into them. At the same time, we'll be to use our own tricks as this circle won't be strong enough to completely remove magic from the area."
Straken

Post by Straken »

Heaving a sigh of relief as it seemed the infant had finally settled down, Laoise gently rocked Tegwyn as she regained her composure. With a free moment to think, the girl was able to consider what had been said. Cocking her head in an inquisitive manner, Laoise looked at Coco. "An Idol? Why would I want to be an object of worship?" the white-haired girl asked in genuine curiosity as the group filed into their room. Having already settled in herself, Laoise sat down at at the low table in the center of the room while the others got situated. Looking at the others her face suddenly looked annoyed. "Sakura, you are being rude to Coco," Laoise said sharply to the young girl, leaving out that Coco could be a lot more intimidating than a fire ball. "You are also being rude to Raiko and Ruarc, your hosts, who were kind enough to allow you to join. Ruarc put a lot of time and effort into planning this trip, how do you think he would feel he saw fighting?"

"Ahem, anyway, you all should find this room to your liking, and once you have settled in we can make our way to the baths so that you can properly unwind from your ride here," Laoise said in a definitve voice that meant the notion of bathing as more of an requirement than an option.

On the men's side of the reserved inn Ruarc posed confidently, towering over his friends with his superior height, while a hand placed on his upright chin and his glasses suddenly becoming opaque only added to the devilish grin on his face. "Ah figured you lads would be willing, as well as able. So, Percy, ya've got the supplies to make that stuff?" the Irishman asked hoping for a positive answer, especially with bath time rapidly approaching. "We hava half hour before the bath area is prepared."

After everyone had time to settle in, or ready certain amenities, the bath had finished being cleaned and was ready for the guests to enter. Playing his part, Ruarc stood next to the entrences to ensure that everyone entered the side they were meant to. Once everyone was ready, they could proceed into the outdoor bath area.
Kokuten

Post by Kokuten »

"The cinnabar resin? Yes. Crushed silver? No." answered Percival plainly, arching a brow at Ruarc,"I carry a few basic components for restoration poultices in my coat, nothing much else. I don't really expect to be carrying out different sorts of rituals on the fly. I was hoping you'd chip in at the leaves of an honored tree part." He folded the little record keeper, and stuffed it away into his shirt pocket, along with his pen. He thumbed out the door, "We need to find the silver or the leaves, or this will be much harder come bath time. Even a silver statue would do if one of us has some kind of break-down spell."

Then, something came to Percy in that moment.

"Wait. Silver. It doesn't have to be crushed, you just have to arrange it," mused Percival, turning suddenly to their resident American, "Duncan! You're a gun mage. Silver bullets are standard for hunting roaming, supernatural creatures. Do you have any?"
Kalshion

Post by Kalshion »

Sakura stared down at Coco, her eyes a glimmering light red at one moment before slowly fading away, the child then out a sigh and rubbed the back of her head, partly out of embarrassment for what had just happened. "Sorry," she said to Laoise and followed the girl into the room, but before she could say anything or take in the way the room looked - her ears flicked a bit when she heard the word 'bath', it was something.. she wasn't exactly sure of. "B-b-b-baths.... ummmm," Sakura looked away from the group and toward the distant wall. "W-why would we need to bath...?" she asked.

Outside, still perched in his tree, the bat gave off a rather frustrated sound - as if it had lost control of something.