[Episode Two] Right of Passages

Archives of Occultus Magica's beginnings, ten years prior to the current story.
Kai
Site Admin

[Episode Two] Right of Passages

Post by Kai »

"What do you mean Hana's been kidnapped?" Raiko asked, seeming somewhat more concerned than she had toward Ruarc.
Miyuki seemed to still be in shock as she answered. "He says a black-haired woman in glasses kidnapped Hana, saying something about a ceremony.."
"What kind of Ceremony?" Raiko Demanded
"I Don't Know, Hisoka said he was knocked to the ground by a man in a teddy bear costume, and then they ran off toward the park. he called the police but they don't seem to believe him"
"That doesn't seem normal..." Raiko was all Raiko could add, as she took on a pondering pose.
"Well, I'm going to go and find her- If you guys wanna stay and help Ruarc, that's fine, but I'm out of here!" Miyuki had soon disappeared down the hallway, despite a short attempted protest by Raiko.
"urghhh....." Raiko groaned, sliding her hand down the side of her face in annoyance. "Well, I think we have a new problem..."
Gwathdraug

Re: [Episode Two] Right of Passages

Post by Gwathdraug »

“Quite so my dear girl, quite so.” Came a voice from behind the group – a voice undeniably unsuited to the manner of speaking it had adopted.
“I'm happy to see your already on the case though Watson - punctuality always was your specialty.” Riley said as she pushed her detective's cap up, an illusionary pipe cheerfully smoking away in her free hand. “I must say though, I'm quite disappointed in our companion, our dear Cloak-Brother -” The top-hatted cat illusion from Riley's first dinner with the Caxtons, now spotting a rather sporty looking bloodhound mask along with his usual choice of headwear, rubbed up affectionately against Ruarc's leg. “- is just now rescued and our young maiden in distress is joined by a distressed maiden.”
Turning her pipe around and inspected it, the young capped and cloaked girl seemed to be deep in thought as she fell silent. But, with a quick snap of her fingers, the stage magician launched back into action – albeit on a much different topic.
“By-the-by Watson, Elizabeth says if we are out past midnight's stroke we shall both be skinned alive.” Riley's young face tried it's best to imitate the horrified grimace of an irresponsible middle-aged man come face-to-face with the iron will of his keeper. “And, while I loathe to say this my good man, I do suggest we listen to her this time - she was quite peeved at us for letting dinner fall cold.”
CadetNewb

Post by CadetNewb »

"H-hey, wait for me!" the young American boy started timidly. "Or you're going to get into a heap of trouble like you did that night you dumb girl!" Duncan went on, his voice suddenly booming, taking on the overwhelming confidence and superiority of All-American Arrogance. But, this sudden change in tone caught him by surprise too. His eyes widened in shock, hand moving to quickly push back the sleeve of his shirt to look at the silver Rolex. The boy gave himself a smirk of satisfaction. "Hot damn. It's finally nighttime and the gloves are off!" he cheered. Duncan ceased to hunch as his hands worked to roll up both sleeves of his shirt, the scrawny arms beginning to strengthen and tone into a form of fitness as the night they first saw him fight. The 'curse' wasn't all just mana based; it took a toll on his body as well, and now that it deactivated upon night, the effects were much more obvious.

As he stormed out after Miyuki, ready to take on the world and the heavens, Duncan passed Riley at first, but then stopped, turning back and rounding on her. He slapped the hat right of of the younger girl's head. "No more annoying bells." the American spoke sternly in reference to the previous scuffle, his finger pointing at her. At that, Duncan continued on his way out. And of course, he made sure the Mahou Shojou was taking the lead. 'Ladies first.' he thought. If they walked into an ambush on the way out...she'd be the one to get hit first, and the hardest. After all, it was very likely now that whoever had kidnapped the Druid Dunce was after their entire group, trying to pick them off one by one. This meant that Miyuki's friend was making for great bait right now.

'Assuming the two left behind aren't incompetent, the kidnapper away party wouldn't have been alerted by the home team here in the store. And if they have, well, either they run, or they come right at us. So long as they're not like running rabbits, I think I'll enjoy this either way.' Duncan smugly thought to himself, the relief of the lifting curse boosting his already large ego.
Straken

Post by Straken »

“Ahm sure that the gardens are doing just fine with not having been tended for two days,” Ruarc replied to Raiko as he took over straightening his own cloths. “An’ Ah would prefer to get ma own pack back.”

Ruarc quieted down as Miyuki received her call. “Another kidnapping? Now they are just getting stale,” Ruarc mumbled as he thought about the implications of this. “An’ a lass with black hair an’ glasses?”
”Well, that narrows the list of suspects down to only about one fourth of Japan’s total population,” Laoise interjected.
”Shush, this means I have a chance to find the people who did this to me, as well as save a damsel in distress,” Ruarc replied back as he looked down at the very odd cat rubbing against his leg.
”Isn’t this Hana girl one of the ones who still thinks you are some weird stalker? If you take part in the rescue she might think you are responsible.”

The druid ignored Laoise last remark, and instead turn to the rest of the group. “C’mon, it isn’t safe to get separated. We all need to stick together,” he said, ushering the group after Miyuki. With that said Ruarc turned to follow, but upon stepping forward his left leg gave out and he fell to the ground with an, “Gyah!”
”Ruarc!” Laoise cried as she panicked on the druid’s shoulder, ”Are you alright?!”
“Ahm fine, my damned leg just fell asleep,” he said out loud, “Minor setback, let’s go.” Ruarc got up once more and continued down the passage way as he forced his leg to work for him.
Gwathdraug

Post by Gwathdraug »

Riley puffed annoyedly away on the fake pipe and stared at the floored hat with quite the mix of negative emotions. Shaking her head and letting the illusion that had made the hat go the small girl watched the headwear dissolve for a few seconds before walking over to Percy.
Riley stayed quiet as she stood by her roommate and friend, preferring to him between her and Duncan as her mind was telling her to test out any kind of nasty she could think of on the American boy - one specifically dealing with the ringing of one single bell.
Kokuten

Post by Kokuten »

"Nooooo! The cute, timid girl who is utterly terrified to confess her love and admiration to that other boy?" whined Zulan, upon hearing Hana had been kidnapped, ringing a sorrowful tone in Percy's mind.

"That would be the one, but why?" replied Percy, a little shocked after finally getting Ruarc free, only to find that their friend, Watanabe had be taken as well. The boy near took off instantly after Miyuki before he spotted Riley in typical theatrical adornment. He almost commented on her smoking a pipe, before catching himself to realize that it was simply an illusion. Despite having already lived with the girl for a while now, the mesmeration still got him.

"Ha ha! Where there is idiot one, there will be idiot two close at his heels." howled Aurus at his own joke. Percy's expression soured at that, and only soured further as he saw Duncan knock Riley's hat off her head. A frown spread on his face as he saw the lively girl stare at her hat, before walking over to him. He was quiet for the moment, but felt the opportunity to speak finally.

"I'm afraid to say it, Holmes old boy." said Percival, adopting a smile as he clapped a hand on Riley's shoulder, "But this is too important to waver under mother's tyrannical gaze. C'mon, the hunt is on!" The Welshboy took off ahead in a spirited run, aiming to catch up with Miyuki, but slowing as he passed Duncan to slap him over the head. "Don't pick on her." snarled Percy as he went on by, making her sure to connect his hand on the 'don't'. Though, Percival wasn't willing to give Duncan the time of day past that, and called out to Miyuki as he tried to catch up. "Kagami-san! Just how do you plan to find Watanabe-san on just that?"
Luca

Post by Luca »

Mr. Miller was initially taken back at the American boy's sudden surge of arrogance, but then he realised something: This wasn't just a spur-of-the-moment thing - it sounded like he'd practically did practice in the mirror and took gloating classes as extracurricular. Miller's eyebrows furrowed and his jaw dropped in disgust shortly after he watched Riley get slapped.

"And you want us to tear into each other while we let Hana get further out of our grasp?" He folded his arms and cricked his neck, "Don't you dare play the age card on me - bastardry is an ageless art," His eyes narrowed as his frown became a scowl, "Any more of this grandstanding and you'll have more than grades to worry about," In fact, Miller's unhealthy glow started to play up, for just an unconscious moment.

Then Percival gave Duncan a well deserved slap, and Miller couldn't help but chuckle, "You'd better start believing in reciprocal behaviour, too!" His tone in half-jest before he took a breath, adjusted his glasses and commanded, "Now let's roll. No use sitting on each other's hands while our quarry eludes us - Ruarc, you need help," He lifted up Ruarc's left arm and put his head and shoulders under it to help the lankey Irishman walk.
Kai
Site Admin

Post by Kai »

Much to Duncan's Chagrin, nothing seemed to happen. There did not seem to be any traps; in fact, the one thing he would notice would be that the trip back had been much shorter. If he cared to notice (Ruarc was more likely to notice it than he was) there were some runes and other symbols along the walls, which, if he cared to take the time to learn to read, he would notice only affected people going in a certain direction.

As for "the park" that Miyuki had mentioned, of those present, Herself, Ruarc, and Riley would know which one she was talking about. it was, in fact, the largest park in the area, and Miyuki, after coming through the basement door (Kiki and Ginga called after her but it didn't seem to slow her down) she burst out of the building and ran off into the streets, Making her way through the nighttime streets at breakneck speed.

Raiko sighed once more as everyone began rushing to get out of the underground area they had been in, and began walking out at the tail end of the group. It was looking like things were going to get rather messy, at least in the organization department.
"I wonder if they realize they would work better together as a team..." she muttered to herself, continuing to walk along, carrying herself in that somewhat regal manner she held, yet somehow managing to keep up with everyone, graceful as ever.
CadetNewb

Post by CadetNewb »

Duncan gave both Miller and Percy a venomous glare that dared them to do more, but he suddenly cut that out too, his expression turning into one of amusement. "Heh. I'll let that slide since you're both too stupid to understand why I was mad at the squirt." the boy went on, grinning. As they walked through the sewers, he explained to them exactly why. "I'll give it to you guys in baby terms, so your brains can handle it without burning up into a crisp." The American boy suddenly looked over his shoulder and right at Riley. "You better be listening squirt, since this is for your benefit!" He paused for a moment, scratching his chin to find the right words. And of course, being his brilliant self again, found the proper words to explain to them. "See, I got no problem with trying to confuse an enemy, but if it messes with everybody's hearing, Percival and Miller's included, then I'm pissed. Why? Because what if there was another one sneaking up on us? We wouldn't hear it."

"And I don't think you'd like seeing giant, cold and boney hands picking up Percy unaware and biting his head off...do you?" he asked the little girl, a hint of cruel mockery in Duncan's voice as he hoped to elicit bloody images in her mind. "I just don't like it when someone's inconsiderate to the rest of the group. In combat that is." He grinned.

He'd been looking for magical traps, but runes caught his eyes on the way out instead, and they didn't seem dangerous at first scan. This was - he didn't see them on the way in! Why? Duncan pulled out his smartphone and took pictures to analyze and send back to ION later. No traps at all. Not at all! "Ha! I love it when I'm wrong about these kinds of things!" he cheered, running through the cool night air after Miyuki. He quickly bothered the druid though. "Hey, Ruarc, you know what those runes back there meant? I didn't detect anything harmful, so it had to be something else." Duncan asked him cheerily.

He was in a good mood, needless to say.
Kokuten

Post by Kokuten »

Percy grit his teeth at Duncan's lack of respite after his first strike. It ramped up a certain level of aggravation within him, making him want to spin around give him what for. Still, there were more pressing matters at hand, and the fact remained that Hana was more important to him than Duncan's reasonings. He turned his head over his shoulder to the other boy, but saw already taking mind of the runes on the wall. Inwardly, the young man cursed at himself for getting such a head start on him in the first place so that he couldn't hit him again. Instead, he opted simply to look back at Riley and offer a little comfort in the wake the rude Leetenbaum.

"Don't listen to him, Riley, Americans are chock full of fat and opinions. They'll do anything to drop a few." Smiled Percival with a little grin as his pace picked up on the way out of the door. Let it be known, Percival Caxton was no athlete, so he was already breathing at somewhat a burden this point.

He caught sight of Miyuki barreling down the street and he called after her.

"Kagami-san!" yelled the welshman, "Slow down! Kagami!" He took a few breaths in his paces, "If we don't--," He breathed, the burden of his oxygen getting heavier, "If we don't slow down, I might die!"