Part 1: Cutting Teeth.

Archived plots that are no longer actively played or used, may or may not be considered Canon.
Kai
Site Admin

Part 1: Cutting Teeth.

Post by Kai »

Monday, October Seventh
Brocken Forest, Central Germany

They had gathered here, in the forest, and were waiting. Waiting for something, though most of them did not know what. Kara had brought a pail, which seemed to be filled with scraps from a butcher's shop, though there seemed to be a bit more to it than that. The bucket had some runes drawn on the sides which caused its contents to have no odor, but only to humans. Whatever the odor was intended for, however, was kept from the others, as they sat in a darkened clearing, covered entirely overhead by the boughs of large, evenly placed trees. The area around however, had its own form of odor, somewhat dank, and with a smell of rot that was not simply decaying vegetation. It had an odd aura to it, as well, as if some sort of evil mood hung over the area at all times. Indeed, there was no birdsong, and the sounds of natures, aside from the wind whistling and rustling through the leaves and boughs, were completely absent.

Indeed, why they were there at all seemed a mystery which only Kara knew the answer to. The bucket, placed conveniently in the center of the clearing, was not the only item she had brought. the other, was a small rod, about a meter in length, made of some pure metal, possibly silver, though they couldn't be certain. She had used it to draw a semicircle around one side of a tree trunk, facing into the clearing, before she had stuffed it into the earth roughly in the center of her circle. Finally, she instructed everyone to stand within the circle, and wait.

This had been about twenty minutes ago, and they were still waiting.
Straken

Re: Part 1: Cutting Teeth.

Post by Straken »

Astrid, who had begun the day in such an excited manner, was now sitting cross-legged on the hard ground within the circle Kara had drawn for the group; not caring about keeping her skirt tidy.. She had been excited by the notion of going out and training with Kara her mentor, but had been thoroughly disappointed when she remembered that Kara also helped other students and not just her, and she made little attempt at hiding her contempt for the other students. Having grown bored from waiting, the young German girl began playing around with ShotSubo by seeing if she could get it to stand on its own in the same manner a normal school girl would play with a pencil.

"Hey Kara, how much longer are we gonna be waitin'?" Astrid asked her mentor in a hushed tone.
Kalshion

Post by Kalshion »

Petrushka laid on her side, within the circle, but looking rather bored of it. She had a small bottle in her hand that had a red liquid inside, whenever someone asked what it was, she would tell them it was fruit punch or koolaid - knowing that if she told them the truth it would probably sick a few people out. She out a tiny yawn and pondered what it was they were waiting for, being dragged out here into the middle of nowhere wasn't her idea of fun, and given how she got to this school in the first place, she wasn't interested in a repeat of what happened a few months ago.

She wasn't going to ask the teacher though, she knew better, they always seemed to have 'something' up their sleeves... she just hoped this wasn't a prank.
Gwathdraug

Post by Gwathdraug »

Sitting on a tree limb outside the circle and having been staring at the the younger students below her unblinkingly since they had stopped to begin the exercise Vrey restlessly poked her leather clad fingers against each other. Like Astrid the older girl had seemingly no regard for whether or not she was properly making use of her skirt, but unlike the younger school girl Vrey was also wearing full length trousers underneath her first article of clothing.

And even if she hadn't been dressed as she was, most people tended to try and pretend as if the creepy bald third year wasn't anywhere around them if they could.

“I do not understand the need for the circle, it is bothersome – a nest of biting insects. If everyone just stood outside of it things would happen quicker. They did the first time I did so.” Vrey delivered her commentary in a clipped tone, but remained fiddling with her fingers and swinging her legs back and forth casually as she spoke.

After a few more moments of simply watching and moving the odd teen tapped her index and middle finger against her temple and turned her attention away from the group after finally blinking.

“Ah. Kara. I have been reprimanded for my sounds. I have gathered that I will need to wait until our compatriots grow into their second size before offering them advice again.” Vrey frowned and looked back towards the young children all gathered in the circle. “Some of them are quite odd in age for their size. I blame it on this odd aversion to combat.”

Seemingly thinking on this theory some more the bald teen now glared instead of stared, but thankfully was directing her ire towards the protective circle.

“Biting circles too.”
Kai
Site Admin

Post by Kai »

"Not much longer, if Vrey would follow my instructions for once" The girl from Luxembourg answered the child from Germany. "I'm quite certain that she is the reason we have had to wait so long, as these creatures are otherwise quite drawn to the scent from that bucket. I presume they are lurking nearby, just waiting for the Dunce's scent to disappear." Kara looked wearily at the girl in the tree, and back to the bored students awaiting something to happen. Sighing in mild frustration and annoyance, Kara turned her face up at Vrey again.

"These are not the same creatures, Vrey. Please come within the circle. Your scent is keeping them away. You can deal with a bit of unpleasantness in order to help me teach the first years, can you not?" Kara reasoned with the odd bald girl. "If you do not, I will be forced to give your hamburgers to someone else tonight, and you and I both know that neither of us wants to deal with the unpleasantness that would ensue."
Gwathdraug

Post by Gwathdraug »

One moment Vrey was still up in the tree swaying her legs back and forth with little care and then in the next she had completely frozen. Before anyone could even take another breath and with seemingly no actual movement the strange, hairless teenager was inside the middle of the circle with her right arm thrown over Kara's shoulders and the leather clad index finger on her left hand was poking the older teen's temple over and over again.

“That would be to go much too harshly Kara – even Caradoc would agree with me on this.” The strange girl sweeped her hand away from her companion's temple and pointed it towards the sky. There were stars in Vrey's eyes and – disturbingly enough – slightly luminescent green veins raising up along her cheeks. “Not even the cosmos could find blame in what I would have to do if you palmed the source of all magic on this plane from me to another.”

“Besides.” Vrey intoned the word in the same monotone that she had delivered her otherwise enthused declaration from moments before. Pausing in speaking the girl put her one hand down but hugged the other arm closer to Kara. The third year then bonked her head up against her captive's and closed her eyes while the corner of her mouth may or may not have twitched upwards a few micrometres. “If you wanted my cooperation in the biting circle all that was required was you to ask.”
Kalshion

Post by Kalshion »

Petrushka was now on her stomach, her legs playfully kicking back and forth while her head bobbed from side to side as she hummed away at a song that was stuck in her head. "Very needs to pay attention and listen to teacher," complained Petrushka as she continued to humm away. "Some of us don't like being out here, to scary..." she stopped humming at that moment and looked around, it was not exactly the full truth, it could be considered a half-truth. While Petrushka did like the night, she also disliked it because it made it easy for people to hunt her.

"Come on come on! Let's go!" The child, who quickly jumped up and was now sitting crosslegged, said as she pumped the air with her fist.
Straken

Post by Straken »

"Knew it'd've been easier with just me and Kara," Astrid mumbled to herself as she found herself getting more annoyed with the other young girls, and more anxious to hit something. Having derived as much entertainment as she could from trying to stand ShotSubo on its end, the little German hefted the bulky weapon back over her shoulder and let it rest there. With one hand holding ShotSubo's grip, she braced the other against her leg and rested her chin in her palm. The look of dull annoyance sat on her face as she began tapping her foot as she tried to focus her angst on the thought of hitting whatever they had come out here to hit instead of one of the other girls present.
Kai
Site Admin

Post by Kai »

Kara's forehead descended slowly into her Palm, and then shook itself back and forth gently. The girl sighed, wondering if dealing with first years and delinquents was worth the excuses from class and other perks she received from the arrangement. Still, she had a job to do, and was being compensated for it, and so, she figured she might as well do it. Otherwise, she reasoned, the perks would go away.

"Just remain patient, everyone. That is one of the lessons you need to learn, outside of magical studies and combat skills. As cliche' as it is; Patience IS indeed a virtue." Kara explained to the students before her, when suddenly a sound caught their attention. A snapped twig, not far off, which was soon accompanied by soft padding and a bit of deep panting. then they realized the sound wasn't coming from just one direction, but every direction around them. And that's when they saw the first one.

It was large, probably the size of a full-grown work horse. It had long fur, colored in varying shades of grey and black. The form was more or less familiar, being that of a wolf. Though, instead of the sleek body of a normal wolf, these were large, and hulking. Incredibly muscular, and much larger than normal in just about every way, it became immediately obvious what these creatures were. Dire wolves.

Kara held up a hand, indicating for the younger students to remain still. The wolves, for their part, walked up to the bucket of meat and blood, and began to sniff it, curiously. investigating what it was and whether they wanted it or not. Some of them sniffed around, smelling the other scents in the area, and the group of students could watch them follow their own footsteps, all the way up to the edge of the circle, where, miraculously, they always stopped, and turned away. indeed, the circle was acting just as Kara had explained; the wolves had no idea they were even present.

eventually, Kara spoke up. "And now, Our patience has been rewarded. Before we begin, I want you to simply observe the wolves. See how they move, how they track things. Understand what sort of creatures they are, if you can. In a few minutes, I will capture one and scatter the rest, and then we may begin our training."
Gwathdraug

Post by Gwathdraug »

“I am regretful that all your hair is weighing down your head to such extents Kara. It must cause unwarranted levels of stress to your muscles.” Vrey stated blandly as the older girl cradled her face in the palm of her hand. The hairless teenager disengaged herself from the group's current 'instructor' and punched one of fist into the palm of her own hand with vigor. “I would assist you further with support but we cannot show weakness in front of the newly spawned. They would prey upon it.”

Vrey then let both of her hands lower to the ground and just quietly swayed as she waited – the top of her shoes rippling slightly as she wiggled them up and down without moving the rest of her foot.

When the wolves appeared the odd girl frowned and a pulsing green veins flashed momentarily across the exposed flesh of her arms between her gauntlets and short sleeves before disappearing. “Kara I do not usually get to see these creatures in such detail. They do not tolerate my presence if I am on my own.” The girl paused as she walked to the edge of the circle and smiled at one of the wolves before nodding her head. “Thank you.”

Vrey then blinked and looked about at all the first years also gathered inside the circle. She held up one finger and let out a short 'Ah' before pointing towards the gathered animals. “If you can manage to control the amount of carnage you reap on the target Kara will choose then the eyes are not the most terrible tasting part of their body.”