[Safeholme Dorms] Creature Discomforts

Straken

Re: [Safeholme Dorms] Creature Discomforts

Post by Straken »

Willow was touched when Drysi included her in the ownership of the room, and since it was fueled by rage it was probably genuine. Though, whatever satisfaction she took from Drysi referring to her without also saying an insult was diminished when the Welsh girl went on a war path. Not only was she continuing to berate Vrey, but she went on to slam the door in the face of another set of guests. She couldn't help but feel a little pity, so when Vrey began to fix the problem that she had created, Willow set about trying to calm down Drysi.

"I'm sure Vrey didn't intend for it to be rude. She even brought us snacks," the Brit said as she got off her bed and approached the door. "She's fixing it now, so that is settled. That said, you shouldn't have slammed the door. You are punishing one for not knocked, and punishing the other for being polite enough to knock despite the door not being completely shut. Mixed messages, love."

Through the gap made by Vrey, Willow peered out to scout who the guests were. Immediately recognizing Kat, she gave her a smile and a greeting before turning back to Drysi. "It's Kat and another girl. But, since this is your room as well as mine, if you would rather not have company right now, we can head down to the common area. That'd give you some space."
Kokuten

Post by Kokuten »

Three furrowed brows greeted Willow's countenance.

It wasn't anger, but instead a sense of frustration. Willow was presenting an olive branch, and being very considerate of her feelings, the girl knew this. That seemed to tear down a part of the wall that stood between them, and the scribe appeared amenable for just a moment. Her hands began to fold and wash on one another, slowly. Then, as if something soured in her mouth, her face showed those thorns that she was so capable of wearing. A deep-seated mistrust wrested in her heart, and reared that ugly side of the triclops as she turned her back to the druid. Making space, she walked up to her bed, tugging her laptop off the desk.

"Yeah, do that," muttered the scribe, plopping down and unfolding the device. She reached into her bag near-by and pulled out a set of earphones. "I don't want your friends in my room."
Straken

Post by Straken »

Willow simply gave Drysi a sad smile in response to the other girl's soured response. The Brit had been hoping that maybe taking a compromising route would have helped Drysi open up, but it seemed the attempt had failed. "Well, alright then. When I get back maybe we can talk about our fantasy novel collections," Willow said, warming her smile up as she made her way over to the pantry and grabbed a couple of the snacks that Vrey had put away.

Once it sounded like the door knob was back in place, she opened up the door to head outside. With a hand still on the door, Willow turned back to Drysi. "I'm sure they would also like to be your friends. If you gave them a chance."

Moving out of the room, Willow stood in front of the other girls. "Sorry about that. A little hectic, settling in and all that. Anyway, shall we head on down to the common area? Or sit and chat here in the suite? Either way, I've got snacks," she chimed, her tone transitioning back to chipper. Now able to see everyone clearly rather than through the crack in a door, she got a good look at the new girl that had accompanied Kat. "And apologies for a rough introduction. I don't believe we've met. I'm Willow Fairburne."

With a wide grin, Willow stuck her hand out to shake.
Kai
Site Admin

Post by Kai »

Kat and her companion watched in a mixture of amusement and awe at what went on, though not much of either as it wasn't that spectacular of an event to begin with. upon Willow introducing herself, Katerina's companion bowed politely rather than taking the british girl's hand, introducing herself at the same time, somewhat clumsily yet still professionally introducing herself in english.

"Ookami Reika, at your service," she announced, straightening up without as much as a smile, until her younger and more sociable cousin nudged her with a shoulder. She blinked for a moment, then registered that Willow was giving her a western greeting, something that Katerina had attempted to teach her prior to their journey into the dorms. Stoically, and robotically, she held out her own hand, grasping the blonde's and giving it a single, firm, shake.

"This is my cousin Reika," Kat filled in, as her relative had gone silent after releasing the handshake. "She's from the north and practically grew up in a Dojo, so she's still not great at social skills. She's a year ahead of us academically though I think she probably has us all beat in skills by quite a bit more than that. I doubt even Drysi has as much knowledge of her own field as Reika does of hers." Kat seemed to be rather proud of her cousin, though honestly she was having more fun teaching the girl how to act like a polite westerner than a severe and formal easterner.
Kokuten

Post by Kokuten »

The other doors in the hall opened and shut, a business of new students moving in and dropping off their things. All the rooms seemed to keep to similar genders, but the floor was a mixed bag of boys and girls walking back and forth grabbing luggage and personal items to find their dorms. The first day back to school seemed to be a transition for a great many of people, some of which had taken to lounging in the small common area situated at the center of the suite. There were only a couple at the moment, still wearing their Safeholme uniforms despite it being the end of the day.

On one of the couches sat a weary looking girl, her hair a straight hime cut, her face round and soft. Her eyebrows were small, but didn't seem any less heavy over her narrow eyes. Across from her, was a boy sitting rather firmly in his seat, his head shaven quite cleanly, his eyes closed as if he were napping where he sat. He seemed to fill out his uniform quite well, but like most of the Safeholme clothing, it was made to fit. She was very clearly Japanese, and he appeared to be Chinese.

While Reika was introduced, the door peeled open behind willow, revealing her cantankerous roommate. Drysi stuck her head out, looking between the four of them with a simmering contempt, before presenting a phone. It was was Willow's.

"You forgot this," droned Drysi.
Straken

Post by Straken »

Completing the handshake with a warm smile and matching the grip, Willow finished by returning a bow of her own. "It's a pleasure to make your acquaintance, Reika," the Brit said, her tone cheery, but held even as she tried to return the professional introduction. Taking a step back, she gave the new arrival a quick once over. She seemed quite proper, taller than either her or Kat, but seemed stiff. At any rate, if she was Kat's family, then Willow would be sure treat her as a right mate.

Punctuating the introductions, Drysi opened the repaired door and handed Willow her phone. Graciously accepting it, she gave the Welsh girl an appreciative smile. "Thanks Drysi. Oh! Sure you don't want to join us out in the commons? Turns out our extra guest is Kat's cousin. We can also get to know some of our neighbors from around the dormitory."
Kokuten

Post by Kokuten »

Drysi's face soured as the invitation was extended to her, her brow furrowing over three brilliant eyes. Looking at the others with suspicious animosity, she snapped her hand on the door-knob.

"As if I have time to waste with your friends, I'm here to study," sneered the girl, with an almost pompous air, "I'm sure none of you actually care about your performance here, but I intend to excel. As far as Safeholme is concerned, you don't succeed by larking in the commons or being one of the board-member's favorites. You work hard."

The door closed, leaving them with their warm offer sizzling on the denial. Yet, no sooner had it closed, did the door open again to reveal the Triclops just barely enough so she could spit out another insult.

"Louts."

Clack! The door shut again, with a following locking sound giving some finality to the matter.
Kai
Site Admin

Post by Kai »

Reika and Katerina both looked on, almost shocked (Though Kat seemed more bemused than anything) at Drysi's outburst, a bit confused as to why ithad been done. Reika remained almost fixated on the now closed door until Kat began shaking her head "Ara ara~ She'll never get anywhere in life with an attitude like that. Networking and interpersonal relationships are the only path to true success these days," Kat shrugged, pulling on her cousin's arm to bring the tall Japanese girl to bear down the hallway and head toward the common room.

"Well, then, Shall we?" the blonde asked rhetorically as she made her way down the hallway.

"I, uhh, suppose we shall?" Reika answered, not realizing no answer was required. Receiving a chuckle from her shorter, younger relative, Reika seemed puzzled but followed anyway.
Kokuten

Post by Kokuten »

"Mooouu..." groaned the small-browed girl in the commons, hazarding a hand into her straight, black hair. She sat on one end of the common-room, occupying the couch as if it were all hers, and yet crowded upon it all at the same time. Her fingers seemed to scratch her ears, before a small kitsune-spirit poked its nose from under her hair, chasing the retreating digits into the open. The skittish little spirit fell into her lap, immediately turning over on its back expectantly. "Sonuruwi, how are you so calm? Today was so stressful. I could barely keep up with all the talking heads, and I've actually spoken to talking heads before."

"Everything beyond your reach is just that, Shi Nam Yo."

The girl's brows fell lower as her lips rose into a noticeable pout, the spirit in her lap curled at her fingers, and spat a small gout of flame harmlessly. "Why do you keep saying my name like that, you know my name. It's Chinami. Chi. Na. Mi."

"Until you learn my name is Sun Yiu Wei."

"Sonryuwe. Er... That's too much... Can't you shorten it?"

"You may call me Yiu Wei, that is my given name."

A heated blush spread on the girl's face, bunching a fist at her knee, the fox rose its head lazily. "That's too forward!"

"Sun, then."

"Mooooou..." Chinami's pout became fierce, becoming more and more incited at the excessively calm boy across from her. She almost opened her mouth to say something else in accented English before Reika and Katerina made their way from the hall. Instead of continuing the conversation, she snapped Japanese in their direction, "Michizaki-san, could you please tell this Baldy to quit picking on me!"

It was indeed the most deliberate and fired up desu Katerina had ever heard.
Gwathdraug

Post by Gwathdraug »

Vrey swiveled on her feet - still crouched near Drysi's and Willow's door and lamenting having to re-break the object - when Chinami's shout startled the bald teen into motion. The grey eyed girl's head tilted to the side in confusion and a frown marred her placid demeanor. "I have been bully?" Vrey's brow furrowed at the observation and then she disappeared from where she had been crouched and reappeared standing closer to Willow and Katerina's group.

The bald teen's body was already bent forward in a bow. "I render apologies from this party to the one of offense." Straightening back up - but not without bobbing her head down again in another almost bow - Vrey made an attempt at a smile that felt so wrong when she curled her lips she quickly wiped the expression back off her face. Blinking a few times, a slow confusion seeped its way across Vrey's entire body.

"I have no awareness of who you are, but you-" Vrey blinked again. "-lay hold to a sobriquet over me?"

The odd teen sighed once and the confusion seemed to wash away from her body. Then, with a shudder, Vrey twisted her body away from Chinami the movement ending with the teen falling into a depressed crouch and muttering to herself. "Heavy snow floods the springtime valley and my transgression weighs evermore..."