[Hospital] Visiting Hours

CadetNewb

Re: [Hospital] Visiting Hours

Post by CadetNewb »

"She also made it so Duncan couldn't sit down for a long time," another little girl's voice, from one even younger, chimed in from around the doorframe.

Half hiding, half peeking in, Coco waved at them all. "Could I come in?" she asked them, slightly hesitant. Ever since the incident, she hadn't yet visited Percy. What's more, the boy was most likely under the impression she didn't come to his aid. After all, he saw Coco in her True Form - how she would have looked if she hadn't been killed and turned into a Lich.
Kokuten

Post by Kokuten »

The distraction was welcome, considering the social faux pas. Percival smiled at Coco as she stuck her head in to visit, comfortable with a face he could readily recognize, and did not associate with a troublesome behavior. Yet, there was a mild bit of sadness in the smile as he regarded her. The expression soured into something more normal as he began to realize the nature of his own face.

"Come on in, Coco," answered Percival, and then sharply carried on with something he knew would light a fire under her, "I guess Duncan couldn't be bothered to visit his friend in the hospital?"
CadetNewb

Post by CadetNewb »

As the little girl came in, she wilted slightly at Percy's expression.

Did he know? Figure it out? Realize who that 'Mystery Girl' was? To be seen in her full, proper form, but while so utterly indecent by Percy...Percy of all people! Wrapped in nothing but red ribbons barely clinging onto her sweaty body like a Valentines day gift...the sheer, utter fear she felt! Coco's dead heart shuddered in terror. If this kept up, she'd have a heart attack, and die a second time! All Coco could do was stand there, a faint darkening on her cheeks as she nervously looked at Percy, then to her left, then her right! And finally, DELIVERANCE! He didn't! He was thinking of something else entirely! Asteroid Deflected! Nuclear Launch Averted! Apocalypse Deniiiiiiiiied!~ But, the other topic matter he brought up...that was dour. A part of her went 'Urk!' inside as she heard her older brother, her onee-san, slighted. Rightfully nor not - she wasn't sure herself - it still stung. "Um, he said something about a Harem. Whatever one of those are."

Somewhere Else Entirely:

As he hid under some pipes, the big bad naturally boasted. It was their thing after all.

"WAHAHAHAHA!" The Evil Otaku Overlord laughed. "All your Mahou Shoujo friends are under my spell. What did you think signing a contract meant?" he asked, sitting on his gilded throne in the form of a Corgi dog. "Once they've rooted you out of hiding, they'll be mine! Mine! MINE!~~~~<3!" the Otaku Overlord crowed, tentacles bursting out of his back in delight of the idea...there was no way he was going to let that happen. Otherwise, he'd never, ever be able to boast about saving all the girls from it to the others! As Duncan held still, a single flower landed on his head. Fear went down his spine. And, with no other choice, he looked up.

"Leetenbaum-saaaaan!" the Yellow Mahou Shojou shouted, the flower in her hair wilting as she dropped from the pipes above like an alien! Leaping out of the way, he managed to dogge, but her hand grabbed his ankle and sent him tumbling - before he could even move to get back up the four others pounced on him in a Mahou-Shojou pile!

"C-can't breathe! Too...soft!" he barely managed to whisper, blacking out from the Marshmallow Hell he found himself in.

Back at Osaka:

"Yeah, he didn't seem really happy about having one when we talked over the phone," Coco added, hopefully being helpful. She then looked a little downcast herself, eyes dropping to the floor. "I'm really sorry Percy. I guess you're not too happy with me not being there either."
Kokuten

Post by Kokuten »

"You did what you could," answered Percival, speaking plainly, eyeing the window that Riley had come into. "I wouldn't mind having a little chat with you after everyone heads off, though."

His aloof stare remained for a few moments, a small, thoughtful gesture that didn't seem to mean much. From the window, his gaze fell upon his pillow beside him, of which a small item was tucked under it. "Speaking of Coco, you reminded me of something I need to show to the rest of you. The Oc-..." He stopped himself, scanning the rest of the room for a moment, before wiping at his mouth with thumb. "A local hedge group of banishing-priests and wizards assembled a profile on Maelgwyn. She was spotted shortly after I left to the hospital. I've confirmed their reports with my own eyes." From the pillow he pulled a folder, a small insignia glowed upon it, a binding rune.

The folder was turned on its side, and out fell a few papers. Scattering on the bed before him were various pictures of a small being fighting other mages, mages that were blacked out by what seemed to be a marker. Insignias on the papers were blacked out, and several lines of text in the paragraphs were also blacked out as well.

"They value their own secrecy, but were informative enough," said Percy as he set out one piece of paper that actually resembled parchment. Scrawled upon it was a naked diagram of the one and only, Eryl Maelgwyn. Unlike the one and only, this version was shorter, her features somewhat different, and exaggerated. Those who had studied up on creatures of western lore would recognize her as a kind of diminutive fae creature, barring the third eye. "With what flesh was given to her, she's taken the form of a gnome, along with all the neural quick-wiring, natural aptitude for stealth, and mystic connections that comes with that species." He placed a finger on one of the photos, "You can see her here fighting other mages without an implement or focus, freely using magic. I don't know how, but she broke the seal I placed on her already, and she managed to at least hold off four others on the defensive. She's out there somewhere now, and likely won't be found until she finds you."

Percy's hand flattened on the parchment, "We had a..."

The boy suddenly started to cough, quickly bringing a fist to muffle his sudden outburst. With a little effort, he contained himself.

"It may not have seemed like it, but we had a home-field advantage when the fight was in my mind, you had no physical form to limit your casting. Out here, she has a multitude of advantages. Her intentions are unclear and she doesn't care about hiding her actions, which makes her all the more dangerous. So, I want to get this across to you all as clearly as possible."

A bead of sweat went down the side of his brow, showing a bit of weakness.

"If she finds you, finds you alone, you need to blast off as much magical noise as possible, and run."
Gwathdraug

Post by Gwathdraug »

Riley popped her head over the bed and put her tongue out a bit. Nodding a Percy looked down at the folder he had the girl pulled her tongue back into her mouth and made a couple of audible biting motions. "The size she is now though yah could always jus' chew her up if'n she tried ta' be a real problem!" Happy that Percival had seem to have forgotten about his pointed question about her lack of proper footwear and dirty socks while going through with his warning the young stage magician just shook her self sillily like a wet dog before propping her elbows up on the bed. " 'sides, we don' need ta' fight with her now that your back with us Watson."

Reaching behind her and back into her cloak Riley pulled out a old - but well bound - brown leather book and spun it around and then open to a random page which showed off a sketch of a mechanical arm that was surrounded in what looked to be either german or one of the slavic languages. "Brought this here for yah Percy! It ain't got much for your specific problem seeing as the whole arm upped and went away, but, well -" Riley flashed Percy a smile and turned one of her hands to give him a thumbs up. "- they didn't have much of what we got, did they?"

Closing the book and much more carefully putting it down next to the Welsh boy the young stage magician rocked backwards and up so that she was standing again. "Since you got some time I thought you might like the reading - er, well, the pictures at least, most of I can't read more than a word or two of - it is some interesting stuff even if it is older than your marm and Alistar put together. Lots of details and some comparisons to their more fleshy counterparts in some of the collection too!"