[Pew Pew Karaoke] A Night Off

Straken

Re: [Pew Pew Karaoke] A Night Off

Post by Straken » Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:47 pm

"Marvelous," Caoranach said to Jane, her tone low and drawn out but sounding genuine. "I have been in need of more acquaintances of the female variety."

Pouring another drink for herself, the Fey considered Jane's follow up question. With one hand holding the small sake glass, her vacant hand went up to rest contemplatively on her cheek. "I suppose I have a song in mind, but I'm going to wait a song or two. No sense in following directly after the bird. I'd rather observe for a bit longer. How about yourself, Jane? Sounds as though you've got something in mind."

Mr. Blackbird Lore

Post by Mr. Blackbird Lore » Thu Jul 19, 2018 4:32 pm

"Likewise. The house could use a bit more warmth."

Jane circled around the second question. She was feeling a little... Predictable with her choice. "I like t be prepared, so naturally I'm equipped wit a few. Prolly not erryone else's cup o tea, but should keep the energy up."

Gwathdraug

Post by Gwathdraug » Sat Jul 21, 2018 10:20 am

Released from the hug that she returned just as readily Riley took a seat next to Percy as the group settled in. While Laoise sang the brown-haired young woman held a glass trapped in between her hands and when Laoise finished she set it down and cheer happily and clapped along with everyone else.

The glass, the drink inside untouched, quickly found its place back under her grasp.

Trying to sink herself back as far as she could into the cushions of the couch Riley turned her head towards Percy and whispered. "I have no idea what to do here." The tumbler in Riley's hands turned under her grip as her eyes darted around at everyone in the room.

On the other side, the other Riley leaned forward and set her elbow on her knee and chin into the palm of her hand. Her other hand took a drink from random from the table and then the woman took a small sip. Raising an eyebrow as Eryl seemed to have no response towards Laoise's question the second Riley put her drink down.

"I could sing next if you'd like more time to think."

Mr. Blackbird Lore

Post by Mr. Blackbird Lore » Mon Sep 03, 2018 11:08 pm

"Screw it," the American muttered. "If aint no one gonna step up..." She took a deep breath and thrust herself from the couch. From behind the microphone she knelt down and flipped the clasps on an unremarkable, oblong box. The instrument she produced from within was sleek, the dark finish worn from years of use. The strap was already fitted and sat snug on her shoulder as Jane leaned into the microphone. "Y'all prolly aint gonna know this, but I'm hopin y'all can feel the energy at least. Don feel right to sing it wi'out the strings so I'm gon play it too."

And without further ado, she played. The guitar thrummed deep; it resonated with Jane's anxious and eager energies. The cowgirl closed her eyes and just let the music flow. The voice that sprang from her then was a surprising contralto full of emotion that harmonized successfully with the song's backup vocals.

"Some people say I'm a no-count. Others say I'm no good..."

It was not a song one would normally find in a karaoke machine, even in America, much less Japan. If anyone were to look for it later, they'd find it impossible. But for just a few minutes, it seemed, the stars had aligned for Jane to sing the song that spoke dearest to her heart. When she sang, she rocked back and forth, her left leg her anchor, her right stepping to and fro every other beat. It was powerful and hopefully would drive the rest of the room to their feet, or at least to join along for the chorus.