[Aside] Praise the Sun

Kai
Site Admin

Re: [Aside] Praise the Sun

Post by Kai »

Miyuki brought Jakku back toward herself, depositing the small spirit back on her shoulder. "Well, Jakku here doesn't even belong to me, she's just helping me out" she responded to the elder shrine mage.

"Either way, if we both have business that way, we might as well go together. Hopefully I can get everything settled with Caxton-san and we can get out of your hair, so to speak. Last time I dealt with any kind of god things weren't especially pleasant, though hopefully a god of light will be nicer than a god of darkness." Miyuki began to look around, seeing if she could figure out which direction they might need to go, or if it was some other sort of magic that would take them to Amaterasu and Percival
Kokuten

Post by Kokuten »

The Shrine Mage had already begun to sojourn up a small path which led to the castle's front steps. Grasses, bushes, and the limbs of trees seem to entreat his steps, as if out of respect, something Miyuki herself did not get when she chose to follow. The various, floating islands all seemed to stand on pillars of light, a feature she could make out more easily as the sources fought for attention through the various openings between leaf and shrub.

Jakku continued to hold fast to Miyuki's shoulder, a perturbed little look on her face since she was last mentioned. When the trees continued not to entreat the Ice Mage's path, the fire spirit spat little spurts of flame from her pursed lips, cheeks puffing to supply the air. The arboreal bystanders reeled to avoid the fire, or quickly leaned apart from the hot-blooded Ice Mage and her cantankerous little Fire Spirit. Their elder, ahead of them, seemed to scoff when he turned, seeing the forceful display with disapproving eyes.

The steps to the castle were flanked by similar trees that bore fruit that looked like small, celestial stars. Aroma's of lavender and honey thickened their noses with each step they took, and seemed to draw one's eyes up to the entrance, where their olfactory force seemed to come from. Each step on the stone stairs, carpeted by an impossible mage-weave rug, sewed their foot prints in gold, before tugging the gilded string away a minute later. A familiar presence filled the air, one that had admonished the young mage when she had touched the mirror. This regal aura knew her, and seemed to upset her fire spirit even more, as she climbed away into the mage's hood for comfort.

"You stand on the steps of creation, Kagami-san," said Genji, stopping at the top, in the face of two guards who flanked a massive entryway. "This land is raw magic itself, sparking and churning in... what you could call a desire for creation. I believe this could have been Caxton-san's intention, to tap into such a place."

Down the lengthy hall, a massive curtain billowed infront of a bright room, rays of light skittering the darkness with each idle wind. "Whatever his intentions were, he is now at the mercy of Amaterasu-sama." The monk looked over his shoulder, the mirror still tucked under his sleeves, "Are you ready? From here, there will be no turning back."
Kai
Site Admin

Post by Kai »

The trip was definitely quite interesting, everything being of almost pure magic, quite different from the hard and solid world that she was used to, with only the weather or humans to make any notable changes to it. Her footfalls causing such interesting effects, though, the foliage was being rather impertinent, but she was glad for Jakku's assistance with it, causing it to back off and give her proper passage.

Miyuki stood herself up a tad straighter when Genji spoke asking if she was ready., She puffed herself up a little as a bit of a show of bravado. "I am quite ready. I'm not afraid and I won't back down. This is something I must do" her confidence showed as she told the shrine mage, definitely seeing that the younger shrine mage took after his father a bit, though thankfully not entirely- there was hope for a normal mage out of him yet.
Kokuten

Post by Kokuten »

"Then, let us begin."

The two mages walked side-by-side for this part. Miyuki had either not noticed, or perhaps could not have noticed, the courtiers that crowded the walls of the halls, speaking in hushed whispers as they passed. Each of them glowed like a blossoming flower as she passed, as if she carried a light within herself. Their eyes judged her from their cliques and groups, whispers of her name known among them. Those that caught her eyes spoke the names of her friends in mild judgement, her family. There was rampant discussion, but it all sounded like directionless noise. This was but a portent of things to come, especially in the growing noise of discussion that came from the brightly lit room behind the curtain. Instead of billowing it out of the way, Kagami and Yasuo walked through the curtain, its threads whipping like smoke inward before coming to rest at the entry way.

Discussion ceased, and a hushed silence took over the massive court which the two mages found themselves within. Miyuki could see the room was long, and tall, with many banners hanging from the ceiling, with stories written upon them. Tapestries lined the walls as well as more whispering courtiers, these lit brightly in their godly hue to reflect their status here. The same carpet they had walked upon led its way all the way down to a flat, raised throne, and a person who sat upon it. It was difficult to make out who it was, as the glow that surrounded them shadowed their shape at what had to be at the most a mile.

"Your business must be very important," cut a lyrical voice in their minds, emanating from down the lengthy room, "To enter into my court unannounced as you have."

There was a sensation that they were closing in on the glowing ruler of this place, as if being pulled towards her. A quick glance below and behind would indicate this was not the case, the court was becoming smaller. Lengthwise the room shortened to them, and as it did the courtiers within joined the shadowed group in the hall. "Mortals seem to feel the moment so fiercely that they forget the laws that govern and protect heaven."

As she came closer, the woman on the throne came into clearer view, her pale features becoming more obvious. She was Miyuki's age, or at least appeared that way. The two shared many features in the face, but the diety across Kagami was sharper, her eyebrows shorter, and her gaze knowing. Her eyes were a hue that changed to different colors, brilliant in their depth and variety. The robe she wore seemed to mimic that same effect, working to match her and provide a flowing design of gilded water that flowed around her body.

The room had shortened to just a small space, included them and a few other courtiers that shared features of Kami and Gods across the pantheon. "It would be most polite to exchange introductions, but I believe you already know who I am. I have met you, Yasuo-kun."

Yasuo had chosen to bow his head at that moment, but said nothing aside from a small prayer he had been reciting since he had entered the room. The words were nearly breathless, so they were hard to make out.

"And you," Kagami felt as if they eyes of the universe turned upon her, placing a great weight upon her shoulders, "I have not met you, but I believe I know you. Kagami Miyuki. He spoke of you."

Those sharp, rainbow eyes narrowed tightly, "Why have you come here today? What is your purpose here?"

The elder mage continued to pray, not offering a word, so what attention remained in the room fell on Miyuki.
Kai
Site Admin

Post by Kai »

Miyuki bowed, when she was called upon, respectfully, though nowhere near prostrating herself before the god in front of her. this realm was quite an interesting one, the way time and space itself seemed to change forms at the whims of its master, vastly different from the more rigid realms she had visited before, her own home world included. When asked a question, she gave an answer, astute, simple, and without any fluff or flattery.

"I have come for Percival-Caxton san, to collect him and return him to his friends. He has been missing quite awhile, and we would like our dear friend back, in one piece, if possible."
Kokuten

Post by Kokuten »

"Caxton-san."

Amaterasu's eyes darkened under her thin brows, as if speaking the name brought evil into the room. That certainly seemed to be the nature of things these days when anyone mentioned Percival. Despite the response it seemed to garner, the deity raised her sleeve and closed fan folded open from within. The paper was neatly detailed, and golden swan picked at its feathers between the folds.

"Men of the West are interesting, are they not?" mused Amaterasu, raising another sleeve to produce a pale, perfect hand. In that hand was a quail egg. "They come to us with their own preconceptions, and notions that they can change fate on their effort alone. Your Caxton-san is a verbose example of such an individual. Many words, but very little substance."

Crack! Miyuki's patience was rewarded. The god's fingers cracked the egg, and from it spilled a being. At first, it was a small shape that resembled a man, flowing from the cracks. Then a thinly fellow took form, suspended in a yolky field. A one-armed person; his face, unmistakable.

Percival had seen better days, his sleeping face was gaunt and unshaven. His clothes, while fine in make, were mottled by a life spent in bitter cold. Even upside-down, his pallor and tired eyes made it evident that he was in poor shape and condition. The worst of it was the spot at which his arm once was. Rotating in a slow twirl, the two visitors could see a blue vein of raw mana that had burned off the tied sleeve, and glowed beneath his open jacket to his stomach.

"I am tempted to keep him, if not to mend him and keep him for the raw power he carries," Amaterasu got a devious look in her eye, but looked warmly at Miyuki, just now seeing Jakku, who poked her head out to spy. "He spoke highly of you. He insisted that you would come. He said that you would expose the truth. I expected something more, but you are polite and in good company."

The yolk began to split, and Percival's form slid carelessly and slowly from its confine. "Provided you ensure this does not occur again, I will return him to you."
Kai
Site Admin

Post by Kai »

Miyuki gasped a little, and then sighed in relief at seeing Percy burst forth from the tiny quail egg. As excited as she was, she knew she had to keep her composure, at least until Percy came to. Besides, she needed to scold him for all the trouble he had caused.

"I am thankful for your gracious kindness, Lord Amaterasu. I will be diligent in ensuring this does not in fact happen again. I, and all my compatriots back in Osaka are eternally grateful for your patience with, and safekeeping of, Caxton-san here."
Kokuten

Post by Kokuten »

"My, what manners you have," Amaterasu bowed in her head in response to Miyuki, "I do not get to meet many of the children in the middle realm these days. From Caxton's example, I thought you all had changed so much since the olden years."

She brought the edge of her fan to her lip, "I am glad to be wrong, Kagami-san."

Percival sputtered, as the glow on his chest spurted energy in a circling tendril from his body. The man was flat on his back now, his gentle descent from the yolk been kind enough to prevent any head trauma. His features were less softened by the yolk now, and the two visitors could see he appeared much more bedraggled than originally presented. With a labored breath, he curled onto his side, gripping his chest.

The courtiers in the room began to whisper again, unsettled by the sight.

The monk began to pray louder, his words just barely audible now.

Jakku gasped, in wonder to the whole scene, and taken by the sight of their quarry.

Amaterasu only smiled.

"Yasuo-kun is repairing the damage done to my mirror as we speak," she clarified, "so I am willing to forgive this trespass. You are a mighty mage, Kagami-san, to withstand the jour-..."

A withered voice overtook Amaterasu, causing another flurry of whispers.

"Miyuki."

Percival turned onto his stomach, suppressing the tear in his arm into the floor. His arm outstretched to Genji, and weakly rasped, looking at her, with desperation in his eyes. The priest continued to pray, holding the mirror close to his chest, the sleeves just barely concealing a glowing line where the broken crack lay on the real-world mirror.

"Stop him."
Kai
Site Admin

Post by Kai »

Miyuki's demure demeanor changed suddenly as Percy suddenly spoke, and she turned to the elder priest, holding out a hand and then slowly clenching it, as if she were grasping an apple. the temperature of the air dropped in the immediate area, and frost grew over Yasuo Genji's neck and throat, causing it to freeze over, thereby denying the man the ability to talk.

"Would you kindly hand that over, Genji-san?" Miyuki asked of the man, holding out her other hand to accept the mirror, her tone vastly different than when she had been addressing the goddess of light. "It would be a shame for anything to happen to it, no?" Her brows were furrowed, and it became clear that this would be the only chance she would give him before she resorted to more drastic measures.

Without taking her eyes off the man, Miyuki once again addressed the goddess. "I apologize for the scene, my lady, but it seems something may be amiss with your priest here."
Kokuten

Post by Kokuten »

Miyuki's sudden change silenced the room.

The Priest appeared to comply with the order, the mirror slowly unfurled from the man's sleeves, a bright glow indicating the healing crack upon the mirror. Judging by what they could see, Genji appeared to be doing just as Amaterasu suggested. The honest work was held in quiet display, as if to show that the suspicions to the act was completely unwarranted. The glorious, golden goddess showed an apparent look of disapproval at the interruption.

"What is this? You seek to doubt one of my most loyal priests?" the deity's face seemed positively offended at what was transpiring in her presence.

"Forgive her, she is acting on my behalf," grunted Percival as he pushed himself to his feet, appearing quite haggard. What weakness in his voice wiped off by a warning to Genji, "I would not test her, Kagami-san doesn't like to play games."

If only Percival could take his own advice.

Genji, on the other hand, did as he was told and held the mirror up to offer to the ice mage. There was a clear effort to keep the mirror from her reach, which only served to rise suspicion, but only seemed to make Amaterasu impatient. Seeing her mirror the way it was, she was showing little in the way of ability to remain composed in the moment. Just as she opened her mouth to object again, a small red blur burst from Miyuki's hood. Jakku snatched the mirror out of the man's hand, and panicked her way back to Miyuki.

The moment the trinket left his hands, a shimmering line appeared from the reflective surface. That line drew from the mirror to Amaterasu, where a shimmering collar formed. Shocked, the deity's pale hand rose to her throat, and words seemed to fail her. Percy brought a hand to his mouth, but was hiding an almost smug smile instead of any shock.

"Um." Jakku piped, heaving the heavy mirror in hands as if it were an anvil, her fiery wings beat rapidly, "Ms. Kagami? What do we do with this?"

Her altitude dropped a bit as she adjusted her grip, buzzing back up again once she had a hold. The glowing eyes on the sprite looked at Genji, "What do we do with him?"