[Aside] Praise the Sun

Kai
Site Admin

Re: [Aside] Praise the Sun

Post by Kai »

Miyuki took the mirror from the small flame spirit, giving her a nod and a "Thank you, Jakku-chan." She held the device, not entirely certain what to do with it, so she referred to Percy.
"Do you know how to undo this spell?" she asked of the Welsh mage, while almost nonchalantly waving her other hand in a series of swirls and twirls. The motions of her hands causing more frost to appear from thin air, this time forming manacles around Genji's wrists, which were then drawn toward one another behind the man's back. a similar pair formed themselves around the priest's ankles, a chain of ice forming between those two, and a third chain running from the middle of that to the first set around his hands, binding it all together but giving the man the ability to walk, albeit in a very burdened manner.

"We'll deal with Yasuo Genji-San in our world, unless Lady Yamaterasu has something she would like to do to him once she's freed of the spell."
Kokuten

Post by Kokuten »

Jakku smiled, bouncing up and down with the notion of having completed a job well-done, small sparks whipped off of her wings in the celebratory dance.

With Genji restrained, he could not persist, nor escape, the man was hard pressed to run with Miyuki's shackles on him. Further, the stormy guardians that stood at the gate had made their way into the court, their intimidating halberds carrying the wrath of heaven with them. They stood at the priest's flanks, and threw careful glances around the room. Their helmeted visages cut the fire-sprite's dance short, and she dove behind Miyuki to hide herself from the intimidating wardens.

"If I hadn't been studying it the last couple of months, I would say no," said Percival, his voice a bit gravely. He threw a cautious glance over his shoulder at Amaterasu, who stared expectantly at him. The entire court was looking at him now, which made him a bit self-conscious. With a limp, he carried himself over to Miyuki, "Channel your magic into the glass and destroy the mirror."

The court gasped with Amaterasu firmly objecting, "Destroy my mirror? How can you be so callous? That is my gift to humanity, my window into the middle realm. Do not destroy my mirror."
Kai
Site Admin

Post by Kai »

Miyuki looked at Percy, then at the Mirror, then at Amaterasu, then back to the Mirror. "My lady, if you created this mirror, you can re-create it, can you not? This mirror has been corrupted, and no longer serves the purpose it was made for." She held the mirror up, as if inspecting every little detail of the device, trying to discern what it might be made from and how it may have been made.

"Hey, Jakku-chan, just how hot can you get? I doubt you could melt it, but there are other ways to destroy something such as this using heat, and, just a little bit of Ice." A mischievous grin began to grow on Miyuki's face, almost as if she were about to have some fun doing something somewhat naughty.

"This is a land of creation, after all, Lady Amaterasu, is it not? Surely a goddess of your caliber would have no issue replacing something that has been corrupted by a rogue."
Kokuten

Post by Kokuten »

"But that one cannot be remade, it is older than civilization itself!" protested Amatersasu, her small fingers pawing at the collar at her neck. Her eyes stayed above pleading, hanging with an air of sharp of disapproval. She looked to Percival, waving her fan at at him, insisting her orders upon him, "Caxton-san, tell her to stop this. Rescind your suggestion, there must be another way."

Percy shook his head, giving a somewhat unsure look at the Goddess so concerned of her mirror, "Miyuki has the right of it, the mirror is corrupted by the spell. Unless your comfortable with that collar, she needs to destroy it."

Amaterasu frowned, and her fingers pawed again at the collar. She didn't appear to be used at being the mercy of mortals, albeit in much more of a benign situation than what had threatened her earlier.

Jakku whipped up into the air, throwing her arms out, "I can get really hot!"

She began to glow, "Super hot!"

And then she began to hiss as the glow in her eyes began to become white-hot, "Ultra hot!"

Then, a spark, as Jakku turned into almost a miniature sun, too bright to look at it, "Hot hot!"
Kai
Site Admin

Post by Kai »

"Could you please hold this again, Jakku-Chan?" Miyuki asked of the spirit, handing her the mirror once more. She had to release it quickly, for the heat from the small fire sprite was a bit more than she could handle for long, and the Mirror securely within Jakku's grasp, it began to heat up, thermal waves exuding from its surface, as well as the color changing slightly as the materials began to undergo a thermal change.

"Just a little bit longer, Jakku-Chan," Miyuki went on, ignoring Amaterasu's pleading. "It has to be just the right temperature before thermal shock will affect it." Truthfully, there was a bit of joy from the girl as she was being asked simultaneously to destroy and not destroy, a priceless artifact. As well, Haughty as Amaterasu was, it wouldn't do to have a major goddess trapped but a corrupted mirror, as that would probably mess with the way the world worked, especially were the mirror to get into the wrong hands- Like those of the priest, Yasuo Genji.

Suddenly, without warning, Miyuki pointed a finger at the mirror, and, almost like a jet of water, a spout of flowing ice issued from the appendage, making its way over to the Mirror and gently touching the pane, before smooshing against it like crystal clear molasses, the sudden and dramatic drop i temperature causing the crystalline structures of both the mirror pane, and the frame itself, to contract in such a way that the bonds separated, shattering the device into a thousand tiny pieces, which dropped from Jakku's small hands.
Kokuten

Post by Kokuten »

The Mirror of Amaterasu hummed louder and louder as the temperature rose with the amplifying heat. Jakku grunted loudly with exertion as she struggled to maintain her flight and heat all at once, but managed to hold steady for most of the process. The people in the room all turned away from the scene, the light too bright for normal sight. Percy kept a careful eye on the process, using his hand to block the light from his eyes as he watch Miyuki carry out her precise destruction of the mirror. Then tension rose, higher and higher along with the humming power that protested in the intense heat.

Few dared to speak over what little sound the mirror made as it fragmented, and all eyes were on Amaterasu when the mirror finally shattered. The collar that secured her throat faded, and the golden line withered away to the center. The Goddess rubbed her throat, appearing a bit shaken by the whole ordeal.

"I DID IT!"

Jakku bounced about, appearing perfectly pleased with herself that she contributed. Every time she jumped in the air, she let off a hail of sparks. The now freed Goddess looked at Jakku with an apparent disapproval, bordering on spite at how much the middle-realm natives enjoyed the destruction of her mirror. The oblivious sprite was plucked out of the air by the Welshman.

"We should go," recommended Percival to Miyuki, eying the exit, and tucking Jakku to his chest. The little sprite looked up at Percival, and then at Miyuki with a big, orange blush on her cheeks. With a strange affinity, he ushered the woman with his shoulder, turning her to the curtain. "Now."

Genji wasn't forgotten, Percival turned to look at the man, before Amaterasu spoke, "You will leave the priest here. We have our own laws in dealing with mortals who try to overstep their boundaries. You will go."

Her eyes narrowed, "That is to say, this isn't the last you will hear from me."

Percy hunched his shoulders at that, and continued to usher their party to the hallway.
Kai
Site Admin

Post by Kai »

Miyuki bowed, in what would have been a respectful gesture had she not just had a fire sprite assist her in absolutely destroying a priceless relic made by a goddess herself. Swiftly, however, she made to follow Percy toward the exit, grabbing onto a bit of his coat to make sure she didn't lose him again so easily.

"So, uhh, how exactly do we get out of here? Wasn't the mirror the portal back home?" she asked, having honestly not thought that far before this point in time.
Kokuten

Post by Kokuten »

"You used the mirror?" Percy turned to look at the woman incredulously when she asked her question, which strained the hold on his coat. Jakku buried herself into Percy's chest a bit, as if she was bracing for some wild ride. That incredulous look on his face turned into an angered worry as he looked her up and down, "That was incredibly dangerous! What were you thinking!?"

The spirits and finely robed people in the hallway stared at the two with a renewed interest, their eyes glinting in the low-light, as dark as they were against the wall. Percival paused when he felt their eyes, and begrudgingly kept walking.

"There's a door at the edge of the island," he said, answering her first question, grumbling, "It will take us back to our realm."
Kai
Site Admin

Post by Kai »

Miyuki took a hold of Percy's remaining arm, this time gently freezing the two appendages together to ensure no mishaps. "Alright, then, lets get out of here!" She proclaimed, rushing forward and dragging Percy along with her- it didn't matter what speed he wanted to go, he was going Kagami speed. she rushed, heading straight for the door, wanting to get out of there and back to their realm as soon as possible.

"It was fun here, but we really gotta get back, you know? I think we can figure out something else once we're back, and, Percy, let's try and figure it out together this time, yeah?"
Kokuten

Post by Kokuten »

"Augh! Miyuki, what is thhiiiiii--!" yelped Percival as the Ice Mage bound him and suddenly drug him along at high speed. His arm whipped out, and his weather coat billowed behind him, leaving Jakku behind in a confused dazed. The sprite bounced off the floor, before whipping back up in the air.

"Ms.--" The sprite oriented herself, calling out to Miyuki, "Ms. Kagami! Wait for me! I don't want to say here either!"

The trio sped along, firing out of the castle doors, unguarded as Yasuo Genji awaited his punishment inside the court. Storm clouds began to close in around the island, with bolts swimming through the cirrus like sharks. It was no matter for Kagami Miyuki and the man she held in tow. Percy flailed in the chaos, blue mana whipping off of him in thin streaks, with Jakku trailing behind.

The door they were looking for was not too far from where Miyuki had originally awakened, it seemed to be the same make as the door she had entered unto the Ise Shrine. A solid metal frame, with wooden planks that buzzed with magical power. This door was firmly shut, but a testing of the handle would show that it was unlocked. Yet, as they got to the door, Percival braced his feet in the grassy dirt in the face of the closed portal. He jerked his ice-bound arm, tugging back at the tall woman.

"What has gotten in to you?" hissed Percival, looking positively haggard, the glow in his stomach bright enough to leave a white light to his chin, "We're safe! We're fine! We stopped Genji, why are you in such a rush?"

A bright light, likely Jakku, bounced in the treeline.

"Ms. Kagami! Where are you? I can't find you! Please don't leave me here!"