[Episode 2] Two Minds, One Body

The story unfolds around Osaka, Japan, with the unlocking of one girl's hidden potential, and a gathering of Young mages whom are destined to change the fate of the Earth.
Mr. Blackbird Lore

Re: [Episode 2] Two Minds, One Body

Post by Mr. Blackbird Lore »

Once at the fountain, Johann shivered, staring off toward the gate, scrutinizing the essences that stretched out from the school. It was the first he'd felt of it, this macabre magic he consorted with, since coming to the school. He completely missed the conversation, and only returned to the present when Kat took off in the same direction. A chill spiked down his spine at the image Kat bounding away toward that dread sensation. It stirred a forgotten quagmire of emotion that he quickly tried to run away from.

"WAIT, KAT!" he shouted, arm outstretched, and stealth entirely forgotten. Then, quieter, he told the others, "I mmmmean... We should go sllllllow." He shrugged as if trying to hide his face, which he was. Chuffy was wagging happily from his recent attention and his body language told Johann that he also wished to follow the trail. I don't like this.
Kokuten

Post by Kokuten »

Jingle.

Following Johann's outburst came an even less stealthy outburst.

"Yeah, what's the-- how you say-- rush? It's not like it's life or death here," Manon came bouncing down towards them atop a large ball, balancing herself atop it as she back-wheeled the orb forward. She trailed after them as the group pressed after the school. "Besides, it's quite rude to leave Vrey behind like that."

The clown spent a moment wavering back and forth on her ball, seeing Johann. She fished in the folds of her frills, but thought better of it. Especially as they rounded to see the front gate of the school. There was a woman standing at the recently remodeled entryway with black hair. She didn't look like a teacher. She seemed to be arguing with someone on the other side of the gate.

"Dear watchman, your protagonism in the name of the protection of this estate inspires a great mood within me," esteemed the woman, aiming to speak further before a rock shot upward and struck her in the forehead. "AUUGH!"

She cupped head with both her hands, "But your immaturity in the execution of your duty leaves much to be desired! I have an invitation, I am supposed to be here despite whatever personal opinion you possess. Now stop making a fool of me!"

As the group approached, they saw she was speaking to the bullish dwarf creature that had taken up guarding the front gate. Most days he rested within the pyre above the gate as a flickering flame, but the stout, armored creature had come down to contest the woman's entry. Sensing them, the two of them looked in their direction.

The woman was a triclops, with a set of brilliant, blue eyes, one of which had been blackened by a rock.
Straken

Post by Straken »

Willow perked up as the group seemed to have found a trail to follow. Moving quickly behind the move experienced of the group of novice mages, it wasn't long before she heard the commotion at the gate. The schools second newest watchdog was hard at work it seemed as the armored gremlin harassed an interloper. While her first instinct was to hide the group away to try and maintain some level of stealth, the situation changed. For one, perhaps Aurus had noticed something, for two, the two entities had noticed the students, and for three, the woman was a triclops! As Drysi was the only triclops Willow had ever met, the presence of a second one must obviously mean the two are connected, and possibly even related.

"Hey hey! Are you a Maelgwyn?" the Brit asked subtly.
Kokuten

Post by Kokuten »

The question caught the triclops off-guard. Her wincing third-eye canvased all of them, as if she were looking at something past them. When the tense moment passed, she answered the inquiry with another.

"You are searching for a Maelgwyn?"
Mr. Blackbird Lore

Post by Mr. Blackbird Lore »

Johann decided he didn't dislike this. He hated this. His nerves were frayed to the last, and there were too many surprises, too many upsets. He had all this anxious energy and no way to channel it properly. So he did what every well adjusted teenager did: he blew up.

He stormed toward the gate, his one good eye furrowed angrily. Chuffy sensed the drastic shift and whined, but followed at his heels. The necromancer stepped right up to the guardian's side and jabbed a finger at the stranger. Then he did something he never did: he expressed all his thoughts out loud. "Yyyyou are a CREEP! Yyyyou come here in the the the middle of the the the nnnnight and---" He took a sharp breath, as if trying to reset himself. "You're an adult, so act like one! Skulking around a school at night!? Bad! Now move!" He swiped an arm as he passed, raw necrotic energy washing over her, chilling her bones and numbing her fingertips for just a moment.

Then young Krieger was outside the gate and following the path, mad at the world and grumbling under his breath about just how stupid everyone else was, and how stupid Drysi was for wandering off, but she was kinda nice when she wasn't being rude and bashful, but so stupid to make all her friends come find her!

UGH!
Kai
Site Admin

Post by Kai »

Kat was shocked, first at seeing the unknown woman at the gates, and second from Johann's outburst. Sure there were those from the guild who were only passingly familiar and would come and go from the school grounds at odd hours, but she had yet to see the gate guardian accost one for any reason. As for Johann's sudden explosion of passion and for a moment, a spilling over of his magic power; that was even more unprecedented, as the half-Japanese girl had never seen so much as a fraction of that much energy from the boy. In any case, the blonde simply stopped as the others had caught up to her and were now stepping in to question this newcomer. Though obviously not Drysi, she was a triclops nonetheless, and from what Katerina had gathered so far was neither a Maelgwyn nor related to their classmate. This was odd considering the only other Triclops they had really heard about was, of course, a Maelgwyn.

Taking a moment to look over everyone now present, Kat noticed that Manon had joined them but, she wasn't necessarily relieved at the entire makeup of their de-facto party.
Kokuten

Post by Kokuten »

The woman looked absolutely aghast as Johann unloaded his frustrations on her. Her hands had come up to say something in response, to perhaps defend herself, but instead she found herself catching the necrotic energy the boy put out, absorbing it into her palms. A bit of light formed over her body, fading quickly, indicating a passive shield of some kind.

Clank

The gate opened, and let Krieger in.

Clank

Then it closed as soon as the woman turned on the guard, her face absolutely horrified at the treatment.

Clank

The gate opened, allowing the rest of the students in.

Clank

Then it closed as soon as the last of them bounced in, leaving the woman outside.

"Bwehegheghegh," chortled the little gate-guard, gleefully giggling at the woman's discontent. She came up to the bars of the gate.

"Now one moment! I have an invitation! I was invited not thirty minutes ago! I am being prompt, not creepy!" protested the woman, appearing to desperately try and not lose her temper, which would be soon if Drysi's own behavior was any pattern. "I will file a complaint! I won't be treated like this! I am Eryl Maelgwyn! Go find the groundskeeper, he will vouch for me!"

The gate-guard threw another rock at her face, which she managed to deflect this time.

"AURUS CEASE YOUR IMMATURITY THIS INSTANT," hissed Eryl with an eldritch twinge in her tongue.

"Hey, guys," ignoring the exchange, Eryk had stepped ahead a moment to look around. He pointed at a set of boot-prints that broke off the drag to the front door and went towards the woods. "Did Drysi have any reason for visiting the forest?"

Riled as he was, Johann could sense the death magic wafted over the trail, and coincided with their depth into the trail. There was a growing scent of sweat that smelled a bit like the scribe.
Straken

Post by Straken »

"Mr. Flynn is on holiday, left a couple days ago," Willow said as she followed the group, stopping as she was on the other side of the gate. She crossed her arms and planted her feet, looking like another gate guard. "So who invited you? Be prompt, I'm in a hurry."

While confident in her ability to catch back up with the group, Willow didn't want to spare to much time in case Drysi really was in danger. She felt like she had heard the name Eryl before, but she wasn't sure. So she would give the woman a few seconds to make her case, or possibly just knock on the cottage door quick and let Miss Laoise handle the gate.
Kokuten

Post by Kokuten »

Eryl's lip curled in great distaste, so much so that she looked quite like a dark-haired Drysi. Whatever her relation was with their own triclops, the face and propensity for disgust was there. She let her head dip for a moment, her eyes hooded.

"Never in my life... " muttered Eryl, shaking "have I faced... such... such rudeness... such impropriety. Children in this century... They tell stories but... this..."

"Hrgh," grunted the gate-guard, tapping the gate with a stick he found, as if reminding Eryl she were asked a question.

"Imnotallurghed..." grumbled the woman, her words lost in an impotent rage.

"HRGH?" grunted Aurus a bit louder, holding a hand up to the ear-hole of his open-faced helmet.

"I am not allowed to indicate who invited me to the students," gritted Eryl, as succinctly and coherently as her anger would allow. "If someone could fetch a faculty-member, or even an adult, I would be..."

The whites of her eyes turned black and her shadow in the moon-light sprouted tendrils, "MOST GRACIOUS."
Straken

Post by Straken »

Willow instinctually stumbled back away from the gate, avoiding taking a tumble by the grace of low burning pewter. Jogging with an enhanced stride, Willow put some distance between her and the gate, and sped down the cobble path to the Flynn cottage. Knocking hurriedly on the heavy oak door, she shifted over to the window, cupped her hands and called.

"Miss Laoise, there is a monster at the front gate," the young Brit said. Hopefully, Miss Laoise wasn't a heavy sleeper, but even if she was the gate guardian seemed to have the situation handled. Nodding to a job well done in protecting the school, she hurried back to the main group, hoping the more magically inclined had found something.