[Episode 2] Two Minds, One Body

The story unfolds around Osaka, Japan, with the unlocking of one girl's hidden potential, and a gathering of Young mages whom are destined to change the fate of the Earth.
Kokuten

Re: [Episode 2] Two Minds, One Body

Post by Kokuten »

"Look! He's blushing! Oh! Oh! My dear Johann, I thought you only had eyes for me! Hee hee hee!" giggled Manon, her jabbing not unusual. The clown liked to poke Johann's buttons, as he always had the best reactions. Though she seemed to withdraw into her door as Willow rounded on her. The bike horn poofed into a luxurious fan, and she stared over it. "How terribly testy."

She brought the fan up to conceal her face, before collapsing it, revealing a visage now painted white with red cheeks and blue, diamond shapes around the eyes. "Don't get caught mes chers, whatever you do! You may have stolen my man, mon petit Saule, but I wish you both the best none the less!"

Manon's laughter howled in the halls after the two of them.

Some of the other students were moving about as well, taking similar opportunity to go about now that they were awake. A few of them gossiped a bit, wondering what the noises were, while others flashed looks of disgust out of their doors at any further noise.

Dorothy, an actual, factual Witch from Maine stared out her doorway at Willow as she went by.

"Hey would you all keep it down? I've got exams this week," yawned Arno, an artificer from Germany.

"We've all got exams this week, but I've got things to do now!" shot back Julius, an elementalist from Malta, who seemed to visiting one of the girls down the hall; looked like Koko, a shrine maiden from Hokkaido.

Eryk paused as Willow came by, stopping him from saying whatever he was about to say next to Katerina. He still had the medallion in his hand, but he wasn't held up for long. Willow relayed her message and she was off again, in a quick rush. The young polish man stared at her back as she went, and then his shadowed gaze went back to Kat, his eyes still glowing in the dim.

"Want help?"

As Willow ran to go back up stairs, a voice shuddered after her when she got to the first step.

"Something dark walked these halls. Something black as sin. Red as blood. Something hungry."

It was Dorothy, her eyes wide, like she had seen a ghost, but Willow would only see her face a moment before the witch slammed her door.
Mr. Blackbird Lore

Post by Mr. Blackbird Lore »

Johann, not knowing where to go, stood dumbfounded long enough for Manon to strike a second time. Realizing the error of his ways, he fled before he could be confused a third time, completely at a loss as to how he would find--

"Chuffy!" he exclaimed in his eureka moment. The dog produced an eager, tongueless pant on par with any truly living pupper. In a playful voice he asked, "Where's Vrey?" Chuffy tilted his head as if failing to understand, but curious. Johann frowned and kept walking, until Chuffy stopped by a door and sniffed at its edges. Before caution could present its argument, the young necromancer knocked on what he hoped was Vrey's door.
Kai
Site Admin

Post by Kai »

Before Kat could even react to chinami or Eryk, Willow had come and gone in a flash relaying her message about Drysi. As her hallmate offered help, Kat thought about it for a moment.
"Are you good at tracking people?" she asked of the young man, while thinking of what might be approprite to wear for tracking down her friend.
"If not, I have someone in mind that can assist us if you can't."
She waited only a few moments to hear the young man's answer, before heading back into her room to change into some casual pants, a t-shirt, and a light jacket, as well as grab her phone and a handful of small mana potions in case she needed them.
Gwathdraug

Post by Gwathdraug »

When Johann knocked on the door it silently swung open without the least bit of resistance. The room inside was only furnished for one, but everything that was standard for each student was present with the exception of a large zipped up sleeping bag laying where a bed should have been. A scattered ray of light - non-arcane with the blueish glow of LEDS - lit up the section of the sleeping bag where someone's head would be. As soon as the door inched forward its last inch the light disappeared and the bundle of cloth sunk in on itself as if it had been abruptly emptied.

"Begrüßung." Out in the hall Vrey spoke at the exact same moment as one of her gloved hands fell onto Johann's shoulder. The bald teen was wearing mismatched pajamas - a yellow top with wolves and a pair of green pants with smiley faced ice-cream cones - and had a book and flashlight in her other hand. Instead of expanding upon her statement the girl simply blinked slowly while waiting for a reaction.
Straken

Post by Straken »

Willow took a deep breath to steady herself before running the rest of the way back to her room on light feet. If that incredibly, incredibly ominous warning was to be seriously, then she would need to be as prepared as she could be. Flicking the lights in the room on, the young Brit set about tearing off her pajamas and getting dressed as quickly as she could physically manage. Black leggings with running shoes, a red light hooded jacket over top a close fit jersey tee, and she grabbed her leather gloves on a hunch. Slipping her phone into her pocket, she grabbed a vial of her metal shavings and downed it before shoving a second vial into her pocket. Flipping her hood up, she hustled out of the room.

At the top of the stairs, Willow began to burn pewter before leaping down to the next landing in one go.
Mr. Blackbird Lore

"Hey-" Johann began, when suddenly the sleeping bag collapsed in a heap. He froze, startled.

"Begrüßung." Johann shrieked and dashed into Vrey's room, then spun, eyes wide and darting. But it was just Vrey.

"Dddddont-- DON'T! DO THAT!" He was visibly shaking, and pointing angrily at her. Chuffy barked, riled by the encounter. "Chchchch... CHffff... Aaaggghgh!" Johann dropped to his knees and Chuffy finally understood, coming to his boy, who gave him reassuring pets while glaring at Vrey.

His hands performed a rapid, disgruntled series of gestures that ended with him glaring squintily at her. Then he rose to his feet, moved past her into the hall, and beckoned her to follow without looking back.

Johann fumed silently as he stomped his way to the rendezvous. SO MEAN. WHY IS EVERYONE SO MEAN TONIGHT?? I'm just trying to be a good friend, and everyone else is just playing stupid jokes, and I hate it. They're so stupid. God, I want to punch that clown. And Vrey! Can you even punch a.. whatever she is? UGH!
Kokuten

Post by Kokuten »

"Tracking is part of what Hexers are meant to do," Eryk mentioned, as if it were something that Katerina would have actually known. When she went off into her own room, he went into his.

Chinami rolled over in bed, her glassy eyes stared at her roommate as she got dressed. "You're not actually going, are you? What if the RA catches you?"

The shugenja rolled out of bed again, looking a little pensive as it seemed the case that Katerina was going through with this. She picked up a sleepy looking fox spirit, and tucked it into the other girl's jacket pocket. Its little head poked out, looking about with a bit of curiosity in its new home.

"Fox spirits are wise, but prone to mischief, having one with you should protect you from any trouble." said Tanaka, "Be careful. The both of you."

Eryk had already changed by the time Kat had come back to the door. He was wearing a set of light-looking pants, a tank, and pair of laced boots. In one hand he had a sheathed sword, and a pouch of glowing vials in the other. In the dark, his eyes had a similar glassy glow like Chinami's.

"If she's in as much a hurry as she is," said Eryk, "She's probably left plenty of marks to where she's going."

----

"JOHANN," As if on cue, Manon's white, painted face came tearing out the door again, accosting the poor boy. This time her face had the drawn line of an exaggerated frown, with puckered red lips. A few tear-drops were painted on her high cheek bones. "First Willow, now Vrey, my dear why must you play with my heart?"

She stepped out now, in some elaborate, comical dress, fanning herself with an array of glittered peacock feathers. "What will it take to earn your trust again? Money? Fame? Fortune? Something... Unspeakable? You dog."

The fan came close to her lips, "Or perhaps... My assistance?"

Pop!

Manon erupted into a shower of confetti with a little fizzing horn noise. In the wake of the unsettling illusion, the real Manon leaned her head out from the door, dressed in her pajamas as before.

"Waddya say? I'm quite fun on an adventure! More fun than Vrey, I bet."

----

Willow made fast progress leaping down the stairs. Fully equipped and ready to go, she was capable of taking on the night. As she cleared flights, one after the other, she found her stride. Yet, that stride was cut short as a figure stopped her last landing, standing implacably in front of her as her feet hit the floor.

His features were cut severely in the low light of the lobby. Despite the late hour, he was dressed as he was when he was teaching his dreaded Totality of Alchemy course. A book was nestled in the crook of his singular arm.

He was said to be a dear friend of Mr. Flynn, but his eyes had none of the druid's warmth.

"Ms. Fairburn."
Straken

Post by Straken »

Willow skid to a halt, narrowly avoiding going tail over teakettle by the grace of her low burning pewter. Still skidding a couple of steps down towards the sharp featured man. Caught off guard, her face grimaced a bit as she muttered "mobster" under her breath. Racking her brain, she tried to recall the man's name. He had been away for most of her time at Safeholme apparently, and anytime she had heard Mr. Flynn or the others talk about him he was referred to as Percy; which would probably come across as being a tad informal when speaking to a teacher. But what was it.

"Good evening, Mr. Casson," Willow said, straightening her posture and giving a polite bow to the teacher. If she remembered correctly, he and Mr. Flynn were old friends, so if she was careful she could possibly charisma check her way out of this. She gave the primmest smile that St. Agatha's Girls Academy in Ashford had drilled into her. "I hope your evening is well. My sincerest apologies for running down the stairs, but you see, I have forgotten something very important outside and wish to retrieve it."
Kai
Site Admin

Post by Kai »

"Of course I'm going," Kat responded to Chinami. "My friend is missing, why wouldn't I help try to find her?" the question was rhetorical, but it seemed enough evidence that her roommate decided not to interfere, but rather support them with a spirit. "And what's this one's name?" she asked, patting it on the head before slipping her boots on and tying the laces up neatly. "I'd be remiss if I just called it 'fox spirit' not knowing it had a proper name."

standing back up, Katerina double checked all of her provisions and gave Chinami time to respond before giving a a quick "Thank you!" and heading off down the hallway at a gentle jog in order to try and catch up with Willow.
Mr. Blackbird Lore

Johann recoiled in nervous fear as Manon came bounding at him. "Nnnn- nnn-..." His face scrunched, frustration and anger and the brink of nervous panic writ large on his face. He was just reaching out to push Manon away when the clown exploded and the witless necromancer tumbled into the cloud of confetti.

He lingered on his hands and knees an unreasonably long time, fighting back hidden tears. When he finally stood, his face was a fierce red, his eyes clearly on the verge of tears.

"GO AWAY!"

The shout was raw and hurt the boy's throat, which already burned with the emotions roiling just below. His fears and confusion and frustration were all boiling down into a singular rage in his gut. Hands were clenched and white-knuckled at his sides, his one-eyed glare affixed firmly on the clown.

"Ggg... GGAH! CLOWN!" As he stormed away, passed Manon, Chuffy followed along at his heels, licking at his fist. He left a trail of tears, overwhelmed with his inability to express himself in any meaningful way.

He wanted to give Manon a piece of his mind, and instead all he could shout was, "Clown!" like some lunatic. He wanted to tell Manon to, "Go away, and never bother me again with your stupid pranks! I hate them!"

He wanted to run away, but his friend was counting on him. So he wiped away his tears and headed for the rendezvous, Abridged Necronomicon clutched tight to his chest in both arms for comfort.