[Episode 0.75 v2] Class is in Session, Witches!

The story unfolds around Osaka, Japan, with the unlocking of one girl's hidden potential, and a gathering of Young mages whom are destined to change the fate of the Earth.
Mr. Blackbird Lore

Re: [Episode 0.75 v2] Class is in Session, Witches!

Post by Mr. Blackbird Lore »

Jane nodded mutely and let the conversation die before she switched gears. "Ye gamme a student wi'out any magic trainin?" Her face implored him to explain why. "I mean, she's picked up the basics easy enough, but that don't make her a mage. Cain't exactly estimate her abilities if she don't have none to speak of."
Straken

Post by Straken »

Ruarc chuckled at that, figuring it was going to be brought up by someone at some point. Putting his hands up, the Irishman looked evasive. "Okay, that one ya can't blame me for. Ah found out she was gonna be ma apprentice last night, in the usual manner of how Mealla tells me things," with his arms crossed, his tone shifted to water cooler complaint. "If anythin', you know more o' her capabilities than Ah do. On that note, how'd she do?"
Kokuten

Post by Kokuten »

Drysi waited to respond until after Jane had finished shooing them out of the room. With the door shut behind them, the most normal of them received a three-eyed glare. That unique feature was an interesting thing to note, especially since it was one of the first times Willow had ever seen a Triclops. The Welsh girl's eyes were a brilliant green color, the hue seemed almost unnatural and ensorcelling. The 'normal' two were nestled under her brow like any other young lady's, but the third was just slightly recessed on her forehead, the sharp details of the irises enhanced by her spectacles. There was no unique tracking to the one on her forehead, it followed movement just like the others.

It made her spite seem all the more prickly and stinging.

"You don't need to see someone to speak to them you dope!" hissed Drysi, her furrowing brow showing that the top eye had a subtle brow motions of its own, albeit with less expression. "Druids can easily make bonds with others that let them speak and plot without prying ears or eyes! I know your kind well enough, better than you do."

She used her bag to urge Willow to make distance with a shooing motion, "And don't stand so close to me. I can smell you."
Straken

Post by Straken »

The young Brit was properly miffed now. Her jaw was set and a twitch began at the edge of her pursed lips. "For being smart, you are pretty dumb," Willow said, irritation clear in her voice. "I. Have. Been. Here. For. Two. Hours! I met Mr Flynn this morning when he picked me up from the airport. Not exactly enough time to form one of those bonds."
Mr. Blackbird Lore

Post by Mr. Blackbird Lore »

Jane shrugged. "She's a bit clever, but brave to the point of foolishness. Rather a lot like her mentor, it seems." The American gave another crooked smile. "Well I know ye got business, Mr. Flynn. Maybe teach 'er a few things when ye get a minute, hm?"
Kokuten

Post by Kokuten »

"How would you even know? You're a non-mag who knows even less than the most basic stuff! Slimes have more magical ability than you, and they're brainless." Drysi rose to a fight, menacing the fire she fueled herself. She raised her bag in a defensive motion, but still seemed to spite Willow over it, or behind it. "You're probably not even aware of it, just like the rest of your kind! You meathead."
Straken

Post by Straken »

"Exactly! I don't know! I wouldn't even know where to begin! So how could I tattle on you?! And my shampoo is lilac and lavender, you have a terrible sense of smell!" Willow said, punctuating the statement with an accusative wave of her hand. With that she turned and began to storm off.

Rubbing the back of his neck and whistling nonchalantly, Ruarc gave off the look of "Who? Me?" when Jane gave him a backhanded compliment. Then sighed and chuckled at the soft end to the conversation. He did in fact have business to take care of, so he would have to wait til later to chat. "S'pose Ah better," he agreed as he walked towards the door with a casual wave goodbye.

As he walked out of the classroom, he saw Drysi nearby and Willow walking down the hallway. "Hold up there Willow, Ah may as well talk to the both of you while you're nearby," Ruarc called, ushering the Brit back. Willow scowled while her back was turned, but smiled and agreed as she jaunted back over to Ruarc.
Kokuten

Post by Kokuten »

The fiery little triclops was about to fire away another array of insults, before the large groundskeeper appeared in the door way. She kept her bag up to her chin, a little intimidated by the man's large presence, or perhaps the fact he was an authority figure with a lot of weight. So, she smiled just as Willow was, her face almost a mirror, save for the third eye. The two girls appeared the best of friends in the moment, side-by-side now with little issue with one another. Little indication was there of an altercation, perhaps save for the ready nature of Drysi's bag, but that looked more like it was to shield her from Ruarc, not Willow.

"Mr. Flynn, it is a pleasure to meet you," greeted Drysi, giving an innocent wave, "You must already know, but I am Drysi Maelgwyn."

She held out a hand for a shake, "I have heard a lot about you, Mr. Flynn."
Straken

Post by Straken »

Pleasantly surprised, Ruarc caught his bearings, and smile back at the two students. "Well, tha's good ta hear, Miss Maelgwyn, saves me some explanations and introductions," the Irishman said back, reaching out his own large hand and gently shaking Drysi's. "N'it's good to see tha' the two o' you are already on good terms, since tha's got ta do with what I wanted to talk to ya about. As Ah'm sure Willow's mentioned, she's gonna be apprenticing under me and by extension take classes here as a student. The news though, is tha' Ah'll also be acting as a mentor slash adviser for you durin' your time here as well. Yur parents felt Ah would be a good person ta help you along in your studies, given ma own familiarity with inscription based magics. I'm also fluent in Welsh if language is ever an obstacle for you."

Ruarc had said the last part in Welsh, so Willow wasn't quite sure what he had said, but she had heard that Drysi's adviser was a Druid. "That'll stick in her craw, alright," she thought to herself. Looking over at the Englishgirl, Ruarc was pleased to see that his apprentice was happy.

"So yeah, effectively, the two o' you will in effect be study buddies while at Safeholme. So Drysi, iffen ya could, while in other classes iffen Willow has questions, help her out a bit while she acclimates. Oh! And before Ah forget, while ya were in class, Ah made a call and pulled some strings. Got the two o' ya rooming together in the dorms! Study buddies, and roommates!" Ruarc added a bit of pep to the announcement. With how good it looked like they were getting along, he was sure he had made a good call.
Kokuten

Post by Kokuten »

"Oh, is that so?" asked Drysi, her own Welsh coming through just fine. She laughed daintily, looking perfectly fine with the arrangements as they were. Internally, she was cursing the Druid's name in blood, finding out she was under his mentorship by order of no other than her parents! They promised! They promised her she would get to do this on her own! Her father had given his word that he would do nothing directly to interfere in her studies, and her mother... said she would do nothing overt.

And now the master druid had them rooming together, like they were friends? Why won't anyone just leave me alone?

It looked like, just for a second, that Drysi was upset. Then she began to laugh, her hair bouncing and bobbing, as if she were just tickled to death by the prospect. Sweetly, Drysi answered Ruarc's idea, "Mr. Flynn! You are so thoughtful! I can't believe you caught on so quickly."

"Willow and I have become well acquainted with each other," explained the young Maelgwyn, wrapping an arm around Willow for emphasis. She was still looking plenty excited as she spoke through the next part in Welsh, so Willow wouldn't be privy. "Willow seems to be very inexperienced in the ways of magic. It would be my pleasure to be her personal tutor to help her compensate for her shortcomings. Though, she doesn't seem to respect my knowledge all that much. I mean... I really want to help her... but..."

The kindly little scribe clutched her bag, mewling sadly in Welsh, "... I'm just another student."