Occultus Academy OOC

The story unfolds around Osaka, Japan, with the unlocking of one girl's hidden potential, and a gathering of Young mages whom are destined to change the fate of the Earth.
Kai
Site Admin

Occultus Academy OOC

Post by Kai »

Horee Sheet! Kai is doing something again!
Welcome to Occultus Academy, the training ground for the Occultus Magica's next generation of members, enforcers, and innovators. Though the Occultus has long left each of the schools of magic to its own devices, the recently developing Warm war with the anti occultus group, known as the Confessors; whose goal it is to destroy the balance of magical and nonmagical life on the earth by revealing the existence of magic to the world at large; has forced the Occultus Magica to consolidate the training of mages as a means of preparing them to work together rather than seperately, as has been the case in the past.

To this end, the Academy has been set up in Osaka, where, nearly a decade prior, a series of events took place that sparked the ongoing war, as well as showed the Occultus that the many branches of magic working together could serve a far greater purpose than segregating them ever could, and so, a new experiment is taking place, one that will hopefully help to restore and preserve the balance of the world.
For this round, your characters will be students at the Occultus Academy, between the ages of 15 and 20. Any sort of magic is allowed, as always, so long as it is within reason, as usual. I would prefer if characters were not yet experts in any of their magic yet, though having a preferred technique or two which they are proficient at is expected. I don't want anybody to emphasize on power- Your primary goal is to create a character that is fun to play.

Also, I'd like to get with everyone who's going to be joining us in the new adventure and explain a bit more about the immediate setting of the academy itself, as well as what went on ten years ago that we never managed to get to in the original Roleplay.
CadetNewb

Re: Occultus Academy OOC

Post by CadetNewb »

<Coco> "Are we there yet?"
Kai
Site Admin

Post by Kai »

Straken and I are currently slowly working on a prologue that ties up some of the loose ends from the original, obviously until my laptop is working again I can't do much on it but hopefully soon we'll be able to wrap that up and get on with writing actual new stuff!
Kai
Site Admin

Post by Kai »

*Defribillates the boards*

OKAY! I want everyone who's interested to check in! We need to chat about what happened with our old characters, what sort of new characters we're all wanting, and what kind of hopes and dreams you all have for me to dash eventually (Sorry, Straken)

But seriously! I'm really excited and committed to bringing the forums back to life and getting some more roleplay going on! I've missed you guys!
Straken

Post by Straken »

I new me haunting this place was a good thing.

BTW, Kai, You and I still need to finish up that JP to wrap some things up.
Kai
Site Admin

Post by Kai »

We do, but I completely forgot what we were doing and also I can't remember if I have the pad bookmarked or not. You and I will need to work on it on a sunday or tuesday or something
Kai
Site Admin

Post by Kai »

The Prologue and the Episode 0 threads have both been posted! Now commence the Single posting! Anyone who didn't join the JP but wants to join the plot, feel free to post with your characters as you please.
Gwathdraug

Post by Gwathdraug »

feel free to post with your characters as you please
Characters with an 's' Kai? You know them's dangerous word to say out with me around. T-minus 1 day until I got like forty people running around.

edit:
Straken I just read your prologue and with as interested as Willow is in Ruarc lurv life she's totally gonna think he and Riley are an item.

That is until the first time Riley pinches her butt that is.

edit 2:
<Riley> *waggles her eyebrows at Willow and leans in close to the girl's ear* "You know proper druids don't hold to such Christianly values as people build their relationships around in the modern world."
Kai
Site Admin

Post by Kai »

Gwathdraug. By Characters I mean the characters which belong to multiple players.

If I just said Your Guys' Character it'd sound like we're all taking turns controlling one character which would be an interesting case of Schizophrenia.
Gwathdraug

Post by Gwathdraug »

I'm back in IRC today. Won't get a post in quite yet though. Haven't been sleeping much and I've been awake for like 18 hours at the times of this posting.