Sunny, with a chance of Heartache.

This is a space for in-character events that do not occur within the line of duty and/or did not fit into the "Daily Life" section as it played out. Threads herein are meant to supplement character development and flesh out the setting elements, but are not necessary to understanding the plot or characters involved. These events are to be considered canon unless otherwise noted.
Straken

Re: Sunny, with a chance of Heartache.

Post by Straken »

Steven flinched away from the splash. As he recovered his face became more relaxed and playful. “As a matter of fact, I have not had a splash fight before,” Steven said. He then ducked back into water and pushed forward again throwing a big wave at Betty. “But I am a pretty fast learner.”

Fred stopped swinging around as Evey stopped moving. The little girl was now staring at as if she were trying to set his head on fire. “Sor’y kid, telekinesis ain’t allowed in water fights,” Fred said as he gave a blank stare in return before he got his boyish smile back. “Houston, we’r’ ready fur liftoff.” Fred knelt down and shot back up, launching Evey into the air and towards sufficiently deep water.
Mr. Blackbird Lore

Post by Mr. Blackbird Lore »

Ruze watched with delight. It was amazing just how quickly brethren-in-arms made bonds regardless of prior interaction, although that was less of a conscious thought and more of an emotional stimulus. Then an idea struck him and he jogged as best he could through the waters to Evey's LZ. Along the way, he called to Fred, "So, is the offer still open for me to request assistance?"

Arcadia's first instinct was to chuckle and also to offer help. After she'd gotten her laughs, she pointed toward the horizon. "Allison, you might want to go deep and take care of that... privately." She was clearly humored but also slightly concerned about the matter. There was no way in hell anyone could be comfortable in such a situation.
Kokuten

Post by Kokuten »

Allison nodded rather in a rather embarrassed way, before joining Miyuki in giving Elfriede a spiteful stare. The German woman had stopped laughing just enough to see their expressions, and then burst out into another wave joyous laughter. The two embarrassed women gave pout at the development and waded out into the water to remove the crabs from their swimsuits.

"Ah ha ha ha! Oh! Langdon, isn't revenge sweet?" giggled Elfriede, bouncing a bit in her mirth, before settling down in a relaxed fashion, letting sea water rush just over her chest.

"Augh!" squealed Betty in delight as she held up her hands to shield herself from the rushing wave. She giggled before returning the splashes in a more consecutive fashion, sending white washes of seawater his way continuously. "You do pick up fast!" said Betty through the splashing, giggling all the while "But no one can beat me!"
Kai
Site Admin

Post by Kai »

Once again, Evey found herself flying through the air towards deeper water. She knew how to swim well enough, but the constantly being tossed was starting to get a little troublesome. So for the current moment, Evey remained underwater where she splashed down, holding her breath and seeing if that would get a fun reaction out of someone. The girl went limp and floated to the surface, facedown, for added effect.
Straken

Post by Straken »

Steven was smiling and laughing like he hadn’t laughed in ages. Waves were going everywhere as he and Betty continuously splashed at each other. “I may not be as experienced, but I can be pretty stubborn about losing,” he said as he tucked his head away from a particularly large wave while countering with his own.

Fred stood where he was and just smiled. “By all means, the more the merrier,” he called back to Ruze as he continued to look towards Evey’s location. He began to feel suspicion when the little girl did not surface for a bit, and when she finally did float to the surface Fred’s smile dropped away.
“Ah crapkins,” the Irishman mumbled as he began to rush over to Evey along with Ruze to see if the little girl was ok.
Mr. Blackbird Lore

Post by Mr. Blackbird Lore »

Arcadia only chuckled softly as she made her way toward Elfriede. "Those nasty buggers were effective, I must say. I hope to never to be on your bad side. With wrath like that, I wouldn't be surprised to see you heading the Apocalypse."

Ruze was unconvinced by her antics as he'd played the same trick too many times to count. He picked her up and threw her over his shoulder, one arm clamped around her little legs. "Very well then, Irishman! I shall defeat you with my trusty sack of potatoes!" He thrust his free arm out to point dramatically at Fred. "To be bested with your own economic staple! The irony!"
Kai
Site Admin

Post by Kai »

Evey attempted to remain still, but it was kind of uncomfortable on Ruze's shoulder, and she inevitably found herself squirming, but, still, did her best to emulate a sack of potatoes, seeming not disturbed by the prospect of being used as a bludgeon. This was certainly more fun than she'd had in a while, and while she did come to EDEN often, the AI living here were more concerned with making their living and running their lives than with taking vacations and having fun. the occasional younger AI might play with Evey, but for the most part the place lacked such a raucous group as the one she was currently vacationing with.
CadetNewb

Post by CadetNewb »

As Johnathan cleaned up, the inside of his nose burned and yet felt numb from the alcohol at the same time. How many times was this now? The FNG had a bad habit of doing this, and lost count already. "Really now?" He asked at Hetzer's comment. Johnathan turned to look at his handywork on the chair with an appreciative eye before looking for 'Allison'. The pilot had to grudgingly admit the man was right, but he wasn't going to admit that, at least not initially. "I dunno about that, she's rather...shapely, and it's hard to beat that." he jokingly spoke. Johnathan let a single moment pass by as he looked across Teal and Green squadron playing in the water; something came up that itched at the back of his mind.

"Hey, Hetzer, how did Teal Squadron get formed up? It's not all that often all-women or near all-women squadrons are made, and if I'm wrong, it shows what I know." He asked.
Kokuten

Post by Kokuten »

"Hey, that could be fun!" said Betty aloud, halting her splashes a moment to hold up her hands, defending her eyes from Steven's splashing. She looked back towards the beach, searching along the coastlines for something round and bouncy. "Say, you think we could find a volleyball?"

"Eh? No no no. I don't usually do stuff like that." Elfriede waved her hand rather sheepishly, before watching Allison and Miyuki pull the hermit crabs out of eachother's swimsuits, hiding under the depth of the water to keep any censorable material from surfacing. "I just hate being thrown."

"Teal? Well, it was a bit before my time, but I remember Hilda telling me the story before she died." said Hetzer, sitting back down in the said, picking up his beer. "Turns out, Teal used to be an all man squadron like Red Squadron over there. Though, Fodier has been it's leader ever since it's formation, so his insane tactics got people killed rather quickly. When they started replacing the ranks with women, he began to take a more reserved notion to them, believing that they'd only get in the way of the remaining males. This is when Elfriede entered the squadron, mind you, so she'd be able to give you a more detailed story than I, but eventually the men he sent up front got killed off to a point to where the women were the only pilots left. So now, there are only women left, not including myself and Fodier."
Straken

Post by Straken »

Steven, now much more in the spirit of the occasion, jumped at the suggestion of a volleyball game. After a quick scan of the beach, the Captain located the ball that had been thrown at him earlier. He bound through the water with youthful exuberance, making large splashes as he tore a path to the beach.
The sand was warm and inviting to Steven’s cold wet feet as he reached the shore and made his way to the ball. As he lifted it above his head triumphantly he surveyed he all was close by. “Hey! Who wants in on a volleyball game?” he called out to whoever was listening. With a couple more hours until sundown, Steven was intent on having as much fun as he could manage.

Fred laughed heartily at Ruze’s joke, and even more-so at the fact that Evey was going along with it. “I would hit ya in the head with a turnip, but those things should not be handled by man or beast,” Fred replied with a chuckle as he got ready for whatever was to come. Steven’s call caught his attention though and the Irishman turned around to look. ”It is good to see he is having fun,” he thought as he noticed that Steven’s silly grin was bigger than his own.