Fall Arc: Resonance

This is a space for in-character events that do not occur within the line of duty and/or did not fit into the "Daily Life" section as it played out. Threads herein are meant to supplement character development and flesh out the setting elements, but are not necessary to understanding the plot or characters involved. These events are to be considered canon unless otherwise noted.
Mr. Blackbird Lore

Re: Fall Arc: Resonance

Post by Mr. Blackbird Lore »

Having only just joined the party (double entendre!) Irvine was unaware that they were missing yet a third soldier; so rather than worry about the missing pair and an unknown, he focused on maintaining a vigilant rear guard. This also spurred the martial artist to politely suggest, "Be careful when moving. If anyone moves too fast without warning, we'll all take a tumble." Hillman lightly tugged at his end of the line to emphasize his point. Doing so also reminded him that he was restricted in his own movement. That meant if he were to find himself CQC- his area of expertise- he would instead be at a great disadvantage. With this in mind, he began to practice a sort of 'quickdraw.' Instead of drawing a sidearm, however, he was teaching his body the reflexes required to swiftly disengage himself from the human chain should certain scenarios arise. The others might find it strange that Irvine was silently snapping his right hand down to his hip and then returning it once more to the heel of his left palm to support the aging, and evidently heavy caliber, slug-throwing pistol.

"I'm watching our backs. Keep me informed on our progress."
Straken

Post by Straken »

It quickly became apparent to the Germanic marine that the black entity was in control, not him. He could not move and not even his armor was under his control. His helmet was taken along with his gun as he was thrown through a rollercoaster, as the voice was now accompanied by vivid images. With no real idea of what was going on, aside from the vague inclination that he recognized what was being shown to him, he simply went along for the ride.

“I don’t get it. What are you trying to show me?” Lutz asked finally as his memories continued to slip just beyond his reach.
Kokuten

Post by Kokuten »

"We can see that, you shit-head." whispered Sarah curtly at Irvine, turning her head sharply to look at the rear-guard. There was a scared little growl under her tone, despite the focus and attentiveness of her surveying. "Now shut up, I'm trying to listen." snarled the woman as she strained herself to hear the happenings around her. "I can't hear anything. Why can't I hear anything?" She hunched over a little more, hefting her rifle under one arm while her other hand shakily looped under Lolita's belt. It was obvious now that Sarah was unsettled to the point of panic, but she was trying her best to keep a lid on it.
CadetNewb

Post by CadetNewb »

Everyone was wired up tight.

And that was pointing out the obvious. Lolita's heart thumped hard inside her chest as they had explored the darkness, but so far, nothing new had happened to them. Still. It was now official; this was unnatural. The normally talkative woman had remained silent as she had kept a vigil, thinking over what facts they could gather. Light around them was limited to a certain spherical area, as was sound. Anything from the outside wasn't going to be able to get in, and if something went out...well, either Lutz got lost in the darkness or really couldn't come back. Either or, it was bad. Though it was all now dispelled with the return of light, the fact that it happened once meant that it could happen again. It was best to keep it all in mind. As she felt Sarah's hand tighten around her belt, she couldn't help but joke a little though.

"As much as I'm flattered by your attempts to get into my panties, now's not the tiiimmmme.~" Lolita chirped at Sarah in hopes of getting her into a different, better mood. The buxom marine then held her heavy machinegun barrel up, so that when she kicked open the door, she could move it down and level it at anything on the other side.

With a swift kick, the door came off its hinges.
Kokuten

Post by Kokuten »

Sarah froze again for a moment, her arm jerking along with Lolita's movement as the larger marine kicked down the door. As soon the other woman's foot rested back on the floor, the Medic's hand yanked out from under the belt. That same hand balled up into a fist, and a low growl emitting from her external speakers turned into a furious roar.

"You shit-tard!" snarled Sarah as she punched Lolita in the butt-cheek as hard as she could, "I'm freaking the fuck out here! Your panties aren't the main thing on my mind, it's the fucking weird-shit going on here." He rifle pointed off to the way of the open door. She looked down her sights, and then off in another direction. Then her gaze turned onto Irvine, her mind full of suspicion. He'd likely notice, because instead of the usual glance, she was spending about a minute looking at him, giving him the up and down. Then, as if she figured out she was staring, she quickly looked off somewhere else again, keeping her hugging distance to Lolita.
Phe0n1x

Post by Phe0n1x »

John nodded in thanks to Lolita and quickly took a peek inside hoping that there weren't any evil blobs or zombies or....no better not to think about freaking stuff. He needed to keep his head level and stay focused. He had already pissed enough people off so he needed to do his job.
Mr. Blackbird Lore

Post by Mr. Blackbird Lore »

Irvine did in fact notice her staring and even held Sarah's gaze for nigh ten seconds, but said nothing. He had nothing to say to her. Furthermore, Private Second-Class Hillman didn't think anything could be said to the medic that wouldn't stir her up even more. Silence from him, then. He was a stranger amidst something akin to family- a squad. It would be best for him to minimize his presence and impact, he thought, and tried his hardest to realize that goal.
Kai
Site Admin

Post by Kai »

The hallway behind was, not unexpectedly, dark. It was somewhat dank, with signs of water running down the walls in spots, the dust from the rest of the station replaced instead by a thin film of just less than slippery grime. The middle of the hallway seemed to show signs of being walked on, or, possibly, it was simply the fact that most of the water was coming from the walls that kept it somewhat cleaner- it was hard to tell. From their right, there was a faint light a very long way away, from the left, the hallway seemed to run on endlessly into darkness, however, through the grime and filth, a sign on the wall pointed to the left as being the 'Emergency exit route'

Just when Lutz asked, his helmet was pulled completely off, exposing his face to a cool, damp air. there seemed to be a bubble around his head, for he could see nothing else, but those red eyes continued staring at him- the only difference was that now it seemed to be able to communicate directly, in Terran.
"Hurt, Pain, Stop, Please. No more killing. No more hurting. You bring hurt, But seek life. Why? Why try to travel two paths? Not everything is bad. Try to find the right."
Straken

Post by Straken »

Lutz, having since given up resisting, gave the eyes a rather puzzled look in response to its question. On the plus side he could finally understand the thing, but sadly it ended up speaking in riddles.

Once certain the entity was finished posing the questions, the German man tried to think of a good answer. “Bring hurt, but seek life, hmm?” he mumbled as he considered the gravity of the suggestion. “Well if you are talking about what brings me to this station, I don’t know about the others in my squad, but I am, or at least was, here simply to search for survivors. My job as a soldier in general on the other hand I do out of a desire to protect and defend life, not to fulfill a sadistic urge for destruction. So the hurt I bring is brought to those who would try and harm innocent civilians. Now if you don’t mind me asking, what exactly are you, and what is going on here?”

Once he had finished speaking, Lutz silently hoped that his answer was satisfactory, if not a little cheesy and cliché’.
Phe0n1x

Post by Phe0n1x »

"Squad, there's two ways that look like a good deal. Right takes us to some light, but left is supposed to be an emergency exit. Let's go!" whispered John over the comms. John was hoping that they'd get out of the spooky place and come back with some reinforcements to find out what happened to the other two.